PDA

View Full Version : My new bill

swoop101
24-09-2004, 17:37
Just got my new bill today.
Upgraded from 750 to 1meg two weeks ago, slight error :p: :D
they won't send me a cheque though :( (if you can't make it out - £864.77 CREDIT)
also it was confirmed that my 1meg (1.5 soon) will be £34.99 not £37.99

paulyoung666
24-09-2004, 17:40
keep an eye on your bank account and then cancel :rofl: :rofl:

scrotnig
24-09-2004, 18:24
This looks like an ICMS account to me.

If you want to PM me the details, I'll get this looked into on Monday when I'm next in. Looks as though someone has made a bit of a blunder.

Tricky
24-09-2004, 18:26
Just don't spend the cash - take the interest yes, but claim you never noticed it...as you never check your statements from the bank or your invoices from NTL

swoop101
24-09-2004, 18:28
Already been on the phone, I think Alice is still laughing :p:

Cheers for the offer Paul, but I will see what happens.

Florence
24-09-2004, 20:45
Think yourself lucky at least you got a bill I had the money taken from my account and NTL couldn't even send the email telling me it was coming out, Second time they have failed to bill me. Last time iot took them months and Debsy's intervention to get the emails coming again.

Not a very good message to send out to customers.

scrotnig
24-09-2004, 21:11
Think yourself lucky at least you got a bill I had the money taken from my account and NTL couldn't even send the email telling me it was coming out, Second time they have failed to bill me. Last time iot took them months and Debsy's intervention to get the emails coming again.

Not a very good to send out to customers.
Have you not been put on paper billing Kits?

If the emails are erratic it's the best solution.

I prefer a paper bill anyway, since you can see what you're paying for.

swoop101
24-09-2004, 21:13

Or trying to pay me for apparently :D

Florence
24-09-2004, 22:16
Have you not been put on paper billing Kits?

If the emails are erratic it's the best solution.

No they just replaced the missing emails with paper bills. Its supposed to be emails as thats the way they bill for cable modems and I would hate to find that if I changed to paper bills I started to pay more money.

scrotnig
24-09-2004, 22:32
No they just replaced the missing emails with paper bills. Its supposed to be emails as thats the way they bill for cable modems and I would hate to find that if I changed to paper bills I started to pay more money.
Take it from one who knows.....there is NO extra charge for paper billing.

I've put loads of customers onto paper billing, I can 100% guarantee you won't have a problem with it. My account is on paper billing as well, so i'd be the first to know if there was a problem with it.

You should still get the emails as well.

ntluser
25-09-2004, 07:29
Just got my new bill today.
Upgraded from 750 to 1meg two weeks ago, slight error :p: :D
they won't send me a cheque though :( (if you can't make it out - £864.77 CREDIT)
also it was confirmed that my 1meg (1.5 soon) will be £34.99 not £37.99

Does that mean that the price for the 600/750 speed is going up too please?

MikeyB
25-09-2004, 12:06
Shame they won't send you the money hey swoop!

I've never had an email bill, I've always had a paper bill for my cable modem, and it's always a separate one from my phone bill.
My very 1st cable modem bill came on a TV bill, not that I have NTL tv....

scrotnig
25-09-2004, 13:52
Shame they won't send you the money hey swoop!

I've never had an email bill, I've always had a paper bill for my cable modem, and it's always a separate one from my phone bill.
My very 1st cable modem bill came on a TV bill, not that I have NTL tv....
Yours is slightly different, as you're not in an ex-Cable & Wireless area. The systems run in a totally different way.

scrotnig
25-09-2004, 13:54
Does that mean that the price for the 600/750 speed is going up too please?
There is no price increase planned for broadband.

Prices remain as they are:

300k £17.99
750k £24.99
1024k £37.99

Some customers may get special deals but those are the standard prices.

swoop101
25-09-2004, 16:28
1024k £37.99

Then why have I been told twice now that I will be charged £34.99 for 1meg??

scrotnig
25-09-2004, 16:52
Then why have I been told twice now that I will be charged £34.99 for 1meg??
£37.99 is the price for 1.5mb.
Your bill clearly shows that you're going to be charged for it at £37.99.

I can only assume you've been misadvised, because £34.99 was the OLD price prior to the June price changes.

swoop101
25-09-2004, 17:15
£37.99 is the price for 1.5mb.
Your bill clearly shows that you're going to be charged for it at £37.99.

I can only assume you've been misadvised, because £34.99 was the OLD price prior to the June price changes.

The lady told me that this one was £37.99 but that included a couple of extra days cos my bill date will be 24 or 25. The charge will then drop to £34.99.
The extra £3 does not bother me that much, it would just be nice to find out once and for all.

scrotnig
25-09-2004, 17:36
Well, I know the billing system you're on (ICMS), and the only way to lower the price would be via a discount code.

So you'd see see a charge of 37.99 and then a discount code showing -3.00. To the best of my knowledge, no such discount code exists anyway.

If you look in the 'full month charges' part of your bill, these are the charges that are going to be on your bill every month. You'll notice that the broadband charge is 37.99, which it always would be, but that there is no corresponding discount code, therefore 37.99 is what you'll be charged.

Whoever told you 34.99 needs some training on the billing systems.

scrotnig
25-09-2004, 17:38
I'd recommend getting that enormous credit sorted out too.

It looks like someone has accidentally put the wrong 'out date' on your previous braodband charge.

At some point it'll get spotted and removed, the problem being if this is, say, a year down the line, you'll suddenly find yourself owing the whole of the last 12 months bill in one go.

swoop101
25-09-2004, 17:54
Have already been on to them to get it sorted.
If they do pay it in to my account they can have it back (minus a service charge if I can get away with it) :D

scrotnig
25-09-2004, 18:15
They definitely won't pay it in to your account. The worst that would happen would be your account sits there in credit, so no monies are taken from your account to pay current bills, then ages later they claim the credit back, leaving you with zillions of pounds in bills to pay.

swoop101
25-09-2004, 20:20
They definitely won't pay it in to your account. The worst that would happen would be your account sits there in credit, so no monies are taken from your account to pay current bills, then ages later they claim the credit back, leaving you with zillions of pounds in bills to pay.

If they do that after I told them immediately of their cock up then I have a nice warm legal team waiting to kick them in the sphericals (that's balls to you)

scrotnig
25-09-2004, 20:21
If they do that after I told them immediately of their cock up then I have a nice warm legal team waiting to kick them in the sphericals (that's balls to you)
The problem would be that, in legal terms, they'd be within their rights to demand the money.

I'm not defending such a situation (as it's hypothetical anyway), it's just a piece of advice. I've seen similar situations and the company is fully covered legally.

swoop101
25-09-2004, 21:34
Trust me, scotish power did the same(ish) and lost :D

budwieser
17-10-2004, 15:07
I`m a little bit ****ed off because for the last two month`s i`ve been charged the £37.99 for my 1 meg broadband but i`m not getting the 50% speed upgrade until November!!:mad:

Maggy
17-10-2004, 15:30
Incog wanders off wondering should she explain that the increase wasn't an increase for the upgrade but just an increase on the preupgrade package..........

Florence
17-10-2004, 17:12
Incog wanders off wondering should she explain that the increase wasn't an increase for the upgrade but just an increase on the preupgrade package..........

Yes we sould explain this to the members but I feel that changing the size of the font as you explain most annoying.

The increase was for 1mb users only the increase in speed was to catch up with what Telewest Blueyonder had anounced they was doing and completed.

Maggy
17-10-2004, 17:17
Yes we sould explain this to the members but I feel that changing the size of the font as you explain most annoying.

The increase was for 1mb users only the increase in speed was to catch up with what Telewest Blueyonder had anounced they was doing and completed.

Sorry it was just a joke. :) Didn't seem that confusing to me. :(

Florence
17-10-2004, 17:39

Didn't say confusing I said annoying Incog its the going down in size.... He could have missed the most important part of the message.

Scrubbs
17-10-2004, 19:07
or me,:D a bit subtle,as you wandered away

Maggy
17-10-2004, 22:03
or me,:D a bit subtle,as you wandered away

Too subtle for some would you say?My best jokes fall flat because of that tendency. ;)

swoop101
19-10-2004, 21:03
Update:
Well I have been on the phone again to check and it still had not been sorted out. :mad:
I spoke to a very helpfull young man who could not believe that the person who upgraded me from 750 to 1024 had refunded the last three years instead of two weeks 750.
He says that he has managed to sort it but I had to pay last months bill by card and probably my next one as well. He has also credited me £20 for the upset :p: (this was on a call back this evening :tu: )
He also says that he will ring me back to check next month and I think he will cos I got his direct number as well.

We will see. :disturbd:

Strzelecki
20-10-2004, 01:10
Good luck! I 'think' my billing troubles were 'sorted' today after 9 months! I moved house ove a year ago to somehwere only about 3 miles away and wanted to take my SACM account with me, no problem I was told, engineer booked, came round when I was out (wrong time!) so a friend of mine who was staying at the new place let him in to install the same cable modem. Came back to find a STB had been installed, or rather that cable had been attached to it and not activated. Called up, got the box removed the next day and the correct cable modem put back. The next month, get a bill for £35 for the basic tv package and a new account wih my surname spelt wrong! Called and supposedly cancelled, next month bill for £2, and the next and the next then mysteriously this bill started creeping up £3...à ƒÆ’‚£4.99...c alled again....until august this year when it reached £7.99, called again, spoke to a guy called Rob who 'promised' me he'd sorted it, got another bill told for....... £7.99! Called again and got promised again that it's been sorted. We'll wait and see. Not paying a bill for something I never owed but my credit rating will probably be affected! Oh and the last 2 bills showed £7.99 in summary but nothing in the breakdown of charges, strange! We'll see what happens in 28 days time!