PDA

View Full Version : Good Second Car Insurers - Any Tips

carlingman
12-08-2003, 00:52
What I am after is any recomendations for insuring a 2nd car.

Currently insure my primary Vehicle with 70% no claims etc.

What I am after now is a good deal on Insuring a 2nd car with myself as the only driver 3rd party.

Car concerned is a 1991 Jaguar Xj6 3.2litre.

Any ideas of some good insurers as I have tried the obvious insurers but because the primary car is garaged and this one will be parked on a private driveway with 5k annual mileage tops the quotes I have had so far have been £300 plus when the car is only worth £2k.

Cheers

SMHarman
12-08-2003, 01:45
If it starts with a 3 that sounds about right.

Your insuring TP only so the value of the car is irrelevant. You could probably go fully comp for 25 more.

That 300 covers you for anything stupid you do behind the wheel.
You end up putting someone in a wheelchair for life costing 100k a year in care and your 300 policy is a positive bargin.

Also covers other drivers of expensive BMWs and Porsches that cost a lot to repair if you hit them.

300 is not bad value. Try your current insurers or the AA both may give you an initial 2 year NCD as a brucie bonus.

carlingman
13-08-2003, 00:25
Well thanks for the advice.

Went back to the garage tonight and the car in question was a JAGUAR XJ6, J black, 3.2litre, 1/2 leather interior, full Jaguar service history, excellent condition on a J 1991/2 plate for £2275.

First viewing and test drive on Saturday offered him £2k cash and he refused but he accpted an offer of £2k tonight so he sold it without telling me grrrrrr.

Maddening thing was I managed to get a Fully Comp quote from my own insurer for £287 and hence why revisited tonight to buy it.

Ah well shop around again me thinks.