PDA

View Full Version : Have NTL stopped outgoing connections on port 25?

toytown
23-09-2004, 14:59
Hi

Been away for a few days, just got back and noticed some emails on my server havent been sent out, tryed telnetting to the mailserver (outbound.mailhop.org) on port 25 and got no joy, used the other ports it works on 2525 for example and it works fine. I have tried with my firewall on and off, and they have emailed me back saying there doesnt appear to be a problem there end as they are still having customers connecting?

So have ntl blocked the port?

Chris
23-09-2004, 15:01
Not sure, but AFAIK you're not meant to be running a mailserver using your domestic Boradband account - might make it difficult for you to complain if they're blocking you!

Chris W
23-09-2004, 15:09
nope they haven't blocked the port

mail servers are permitted... subject to this section of the user policy

Email:
You must ensure that you do not further the sending of Unsolicited Bulk Email by others. This applies to both material that originates on your system and also third party material that might pass through it. This includes but is not limited to a prohibition on running an "open mail relay", ie a machine which accepts mail from unauthorized or unknown senders and forwards it onward to a destination outside of your machine or network. If your machine does relay mail, on an authorized basis, then it must record its passing through your system by means of an appropriate "Received" line.

Paul
23-09-2004, 15:22
Nope, Port 25 working fine here. Used daily.