PDA

View Full Version : Abbey Shares

carlingman
23-09-2004, 00:51
Question for the all the Stock Market gurus amongst us.

If you had xxxx amount of shares in Abbey then would you sell now before the takeover by the Spanish bank or wait.

Are shares likely to peak before or after a sell out.

The current dividend being offered by the Spanish Bank buying them is 31p per share plus the equivalent number of shares in them.

What would be the best sell them all or keep some or exchange them all and take the dividend.

:D

Bex
23-09-2004, 18:52
carlingman, let me ask my mother, who still works for the abbey and get back to you :)

greencreeper
23-09-2004, 23:01
I'd hang onto the shares - the value will probably rise after takeover, but don't blame me if they don't. I doubt the price will stay high for long though.

kronas
23-09-2004, 23:04
I'd hang onto the shares - the value will probably rise after takeover, but don't blame me if they don't. I doubt the price will stay high for long though.

i wish my parents listened to me a few years ago, when bradford and bingley were going in to a plc transition shares were issued, both have been long term customers, the share price rocketed after and before it was completed, alot of investors bought in to the business because its a well run company, should have seen the prices :erm:

greencreeper
23-09-2004, 23:14
In reality share dealing is just "nice" gambling - no different from backing a horse. It's all a bit of mystery to me :erm:

kronas
23-09-2004, 23:18
In reality share dealing is just "nice" gambling - no different from backing a horse. It's all a bit of mystery to me :erm:

ive always been a keen person in investments, but i dont have the money to do it, but just looking at it from the compaines i have seen grow and gambled on in terms of tracking and watching preformance, most of time i was right, its about choosing the right company, looking at its share price preformance its future, its growth, how the company is moving forward if its relatively new and how it plans to turn itself in to a FTSE 100 company that can stay there and be profitable and prosper.

wish i had the brains and time to do that now :(

carlingman
30-11-2004, 03:56
Well an update on this.

I decided to hang on to the shares and today received the transfer notice from Bancko Santander the spanish frim who have bought them.

Just waiting for the dividend of 31p per share for hopefully the xmas bonus.

Tricky
30-11-2004, 18:47
Just a point if you pay tax on the dividends you'll also need to pay Spanish Tax on them too...

Personally I would sell but that is my own opinion