PDA

View Full Version : City Link Superb Service

gary_580
21-09-2004, 21:26
City Link tried to deliver at my house today when no one was home. I called them at lunch and they said the sender insists its signed for so they cant leave the parcel. As the sender is an infamous cheap computer parts supplier they werent contactable but the lady at City Link said she would see what she could sort out.

I got home from work at 5pm and the City Link van tried to deliver again at 5:30 on his way back to the depot which is 30 miles away. I asked the guy what i need to do to get a package left when im not there as i have another one coming from them tomorrow. He said there is nothing that can be done other than being at home or contacting the sender and getting them to authorise leaving the parcel without signature or to use an alternative address. He then asked what time i leave for work and he said he will be at my house at 8am tomorrow with the package even though he doesnt normally start until 8am and its a 30 minute drive.

No that is what i call going the extra mile to make a customer happy. There will be bottles of beer for this guy in the morning.

jellybaby
21-09-2004, 21:30
i had exactly the same thing today (probably the same guy), and he managed to catch me in on his way home :)

Most pleased :)

Stuart
21-09-2004, 21:44
Is this the same City Link that when I last used them "tried" to deliver my router on 4 separate days, each time taking it back because "no one was in"? I put tried in quotes as on each occasion there was someone in and no one heard any delivery. Nor was there a note to say they attemped delivery. I only found out when I phoned.

After a further two weeks of arguments, Simply computers (the supplier) sent out another which still took a week to arrive.

gary_580
21-09-2004, 22:25
I think it might just be the guy that came to Peterborough. Must admit though, on the half dozen or so occasions ive used City Link from Grantham they have provided good to superb service.

gary_580
22-09-2004, 08:44
This guy did as promised and came up trumps for me. Arrived at 8am.

Im so impressed

Stuart
22-09-2004, 09:57
I am sure City Link do provide good service to some people (they wouldn't have grown as big as they have if they didn't), it's just I won't ever use them again after my experience with them.

Graham F
22-09-2004, 10:08
i deal with them abt 15 times day and have problems abt twice a day!!

:mad: