PDA

View Full Version : Driving test tomorrow, advice please!!!

ZrByte
20-09-2004, 20:50
Got my driving test tomorrow morning and im nervous as hell, any advice on how to relax?
My Driving instructor thinks I have as good a chance as most of his students to pass, not bad really considdering I only started learning last monday.
Whats really making me nervous is that I havent passed one of my mock tests, I have come close, this morning I got 13 minors and made 1 serious in the last 30 seconds of the test doing my parralel parking.

Well any advice is more than welcome, or even if just want to wish me luck (need all the luck I can get I think). I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris
20-09-2004, 20:52
Drive as much as you can before the test - don't come at it 'cold'. Spend all morning behind the wheel if you can.

ZrByte
20-09-2004, 20:55
Drive as much as you can before the test - don't come at it 'cold'. Spend all morning behind the wheel if you can.

Ive got a 1hr refresher with my instructor right before the test, im being picked up at 9:40am and my test is 10:44am so that should help, I was going to have a go in my Dads again but it looks like the clutch is on its way out (or at least needs adjusting), plus I think hes working tomorrow so I wont have chance if he is :( Were going to pick my Mu up from work tonight and I think he might let me drive but other than that I only get the 1hr in the morning, better than nothing I suppose :) .

SOSAGES
20-09-2004, 21:12
just make sure u know the area - they are sneaky and will say take next right - the next right just happens to lead into the back of the local cheese factory and he meant the small road after it :)

check your mirrors a lot just a little nod every once ina while

good luck.

Derek
20-09-2004, 21:12
I would say tell as few people as possible but it's bit too late for that now....

Don't worry too much about the mock tests. I didn't pass mine but managed to get through the test first time.
Just try your best to relax and good luck!

tick
20-09-2004, 21:36
dont panic
and make sure to use your mirrors

Electrolyte01
20-09-2004, 21:48
Don't crash the vehicle :) (OK may be my mom did :p: )

ZrByte
20-09-2004, 22:13
just make sure u know the area - they are sneaky and will say take next right - the next right just happens to lead into the back of the local cheese factory and he meant the small road after it :)

check your mirrors a lot just a little nod every once ina while

good luck.

Yeah my instructor has tried things like that a few times to get me thinking about things like that :D
Ive got my mirrors adjusted pretty well so I bareley look like im moving when I check my mirrors so my Instructor suggested that I exagorate every mirror look to make sure my examiner can see me.

I would say tell as few people as possible but it's bit too late for that now....

Don't worry too much about the mock tests. I didn't pass mine but managed to get through the test first time.
Just try your best to relax and good luck!

With it being an intensive driving course I had to take the time off work so everyone at work found out, plus I have a bit of a big mouth (Especially after a pint or so) so I told all my non work friends, and since my Mum & Dad payed for my course my whole family found out through them (It was a 21st b'day present) so there really was nobody left to tell except you lot :)

paulyoung666
20-09-2004, 22:30
dont worry about making silly mistakes , they will expect that , obviously dont make big mistakes , just try not to worry about silly little ones :)
good luck as well :)

Ramrod
20-09-2004, 22:37
ZrByte, if you only started to learn to drive one week ago then you have some big cohones to be taking your test tomorrow............I wish you well :nworthy: :D
All I can advise is that you get as angry as you can with your examiner........have a simmering resentment towards him/her. They have to be beneath you and their requests are trifles that are to be swatted aside with contempt....if you conduct yourself in that spirit you might just pass :tu: :)

ZrByte
20-09-2004, 23:28
dont worry about making silly mistakes , they will expect that , obviously dont make big mistakes , just try not to worry about silly little ones :)
good luck as well :)

Thats been a big failing of mine so far but Im cautiously optomistic about tomorrow :)
I only failed todays mock test in the last 30 seconds and even that was a stupid mistake I should have known better about.

ZrByte, if you only started to learn to drive one week ago then you have some big cohones to be taking your test tomorrow............I wish you well :nworthy: :D
All I can advise is that you get as angry as you can with your examiner........have a simmering resentment towards him/her. They have to be beneath you and their requests are trifles that are to be swatted aside with contempt....if you conduct yourself in that spirit you might just pass :tu: :)

Thanks, I'll try to remember that :)
Its a scary thought really that I have done 24hrs of driving lessons in 7 days and im at an acceptable level to do the test, it would take a most people at an average lesson time of 1hr, 6 months to have done as many lessons as I have in the last 7 days :shocked:

Silent Wings
20-09-2004, 23:34
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2004/09/5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001) https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2004/09/6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001) ;)

bb31
20-09-2004, 23:35
good luck and my only advice is - get to bed and feel rested for tomorrow - no good driving when your tired!!!

punky
20-09-2004, 23:48
Ive got my mirrors adjusted pretty well so I bareley look like im moving when I check my mirrors so my Instructor suggested that I exagorate every mirror look to make sure my examiner can see me.

I was going to suggest that. They normally have a mirror looking at your eyes so they can tell, but it never hurts to make it easy for them.

Other than relaxing, just not to think of it. Try and indulge in some comedy (Family Guy perhaps? :D), but just try to to think about it. It is doubtful thinking about it will make you drive any better (you either can or can't), so just try keep yourself as cheerful as possible.

Also, don't panic. Easier said than done, but if something unexpected comes up, or something sudden, just try and stop and think about what to do, rather than just doing something on instinct (unless someone appears in front of you of course, then you should brake :)).

But I wish you the best of luck matey. And remember, if you don't pass first time, it doesn't mean you are a bad driver. You can always take it again.

andygrif
21-09-2004, 00:31
All solid advice here - can't argue with any of it. Don't worry about it, worry equals mistakes - it's only a driving test after all - it's not like your life depends on passing.

Oh...and the very best of luck!

Steve H
21-09-2004, 01:09
Yeah, exagerate your mirrors as much as humanly possible.

Took mine about 9 monthes ago.. at the time I had a busted eye... maybe punch yerself? :D

Just dont worry about simple mistakes. I made one right at the start of my test... forgot about it & passed. ;)

Remember though, when you pass please give generously ;)

Chimaera
21-09-2004, 06:58
Yes - all the best to you for today - remember the examiner is looking to see that you are confident and can control the car properly, they are not looking for perfection and they are not the monsters they used to be when I took my test 25 years ago! :eek:
I know it's difficult but try to relax - think positive - and post the results back here! Good luck for 10.44 today! :tu:

ZrByte
21-09-2004, 07:58
I went to bed straight after my last post and ive just gotten up now. I slept supprisingly well considdering though I could just be worn out with the amount ive done this week (Learning to drive 4hrs a day & my B'day).
Now that ive slept a bit im feeling much calmer though I doubt it will last. Im also going to have a banana with my breakfast, apparently they help you to concentrate and to keep calmer in the mornings so I cant go wrong there :)
Thanks for all your support, and the next time I post on here I may well be a driver :D

Ramrod
21-09-2004, 08:26
Don't forget to have a bit of alcohol before the test to calm your nerves :tu: :D

ZrByte
21-09-2004, 08:48
Don't forget to have a bit of alcohol before the test to calm your nerves :tu: :D

Yeah, think I might also play loud music during the test and make a few phone calls :D

Russ
21-09-2004, 08:51
Don't forget to take a blowtorch along with you.

Well what else are you going to use to burn your L plates with once you pass?? :D

Maggy
21-09-2004, 08:55
I can't give any advice.I can only wish you good luck and feel sorry for you.

Taking a driving test rates alongside moving house and waiting for exam results,on the extreme stress barometer.

Hope it goes well.

Nemesis
21-09-2004, 09:03
Good Luck, stay calm, you'll be fine :D

Stuart
21-09-2004, 09:34
Don't forget to take a blowtorch along with you.

Well what else are you going to use to burn your L plates with once you pass?? :D
Alternatively, use them to threaten the examiner... J/k:D*

Good luck for today!..

*Note: Don't actually threaten the examiner...

Chris
21-09-2004, 09:44
Well, ZrByte's pre-test warm up has just started ... man, I'm getting nervous for him now! :disturbd:

Nemesis
21-09-2004, 09:45
Me too ..... Hope he does well :tu:

Chimaera
21-09-2004, 10:21
Oooooohhh the suspense - I'm more nervous than when I took mine - and daughter no 2 is doing hers next week :disturbd:

daxx
21-09-2004, 11:23
well it should all be over by now, bar the verbal questions fingers x'd ZR got through the practical part OK and keeping em x'd for the verbals

ZrByte
21-09-2004, 11:57
Doh!! :(
Well I failed with only 13 minor and 1 serious. The serious was checking my blind spot, It didnt cause any problems leading to a dangerous or a serious but because I forgot to check it more than 3 times it goes down as a serious :(

Going onto the DSA website now to try and get a cancelation, ive gotta wait 10 working days at least but thats still only 2 weeks away if im lucky and get a cancelation.

Still can't believe I failed I was nervous as hell until the test started and I managed to calm down and get my focus straight away, Ramrods advice was also a big help (not the one about the alcohol ;) ) the one about thinking that your better than the examiner.
Overall im disappointed with getting a fail but also really proud that I managed to only just fail after only 6 days of experience. Just raring to go again now :) and I know I'll pass next time :D

Thanks for all your support everybody :)

nffc
21-09-2004, 11:59
Decent effort all the same, you'll probably pass next time... :)

Jon M
21-09-2004, 11:59
Sorry to hear that :(.. all the second time passers will jump in now and tell you that "all the best drivers pass second time" .. ( which is total tosh, but might help nonetheless ;) )

Ramrod
21-09-2004, 12:12
Doh!! :( :sorry:

punky
21-09-2004, 12:20
Sorry to hear that mate.... But you've got your chin up by the sounds of it, which is good.

And for you to do that well after only 6 days was amazing, you'll definitely crack it next time.

Nidge
21-09-2004, 12:33
Sorry to hear you failed, better luck next time, just remember better drivers pass the 2nd time :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nemesis
21-09-2004, 13:26
... and even better ones pass third time ;)

MovedGoalPosts
21-09-2004, 13:29
... and even better ones pass third time ;)

practice makes perfect, or so they say :rolleyes:
says someone who passed first time but since drives around like he is in a dogem car, judging from the number of minor bumps he's had :disturbd:

andygrif
21-09-2004, 13:31
Sorry to hear that ZR - hope you pass next time

ZrByte
23-09-2004, 10:16
Well im all booked to do it again in a few weeks time, not telling anyone the date except my Mum, Dad, and a close friend (Shes good at keeping secrets). It was nice to have everyone rooting for me, but it was just plain depressing having to tell everybody I had failed. I plan to tell as many people as possible once ive passed though :D and I will pass this time. I would have allready done my test again if I could but you have to wait at least 10 working days, I had to wait longer than this aswel to avoid getting a rush hour test time (8:40, 11:40, 15:30) I managed to get another 10:44 one :) wich apparently is one of the times with the highest pass rate. So that should reduce the likeleyness of an external factor making me fail, ive just got to work on my observations and im golden :)

Ramrod
23-09-2004, 10:21
:tu: :)

Nugget
23-09-2004, 10:28
Good luck with the next test ZR - at least with this one, you'll probably have a better idea of what to expect :tu:

Just take everyone's advice with your next test and you'll be fine - now you know what your minors were, you've got something to build on (I hit the kerb on my test and still managed to pass :disturbd: )

Russ
23-09-2004, 11:25
Yeah, I mounted the kerb on my parallel park and I still managed to pass :spin:

Chris
23-09-2004, 11:29
Yeah, I mounted the kerb on my parallel park and I still managed to pass :spin:

Guilty ... my reverse round a coner was the best I had ever done - I was so close to the kerb that when I had to turn left afterwards I mounted the corner of the kerb. I thought that was a guaranteed fail, so I relaxed and decided to just learn from the experience. That's probably why I passed! :D

Nugget
23-09-2004, 11:33
Guilty ... my reverse round a coner was the best I had ever done - I was so close to the kerb that when I had to turn left afterwards I mounted the corner of the kerb. I thought that was a guaranteed fail, so I relaxed and decided to just learn from the experience. That's probably why I passed! :D

Yep, that's how I looked at it. The examiner had me driving in a part of Grimsby that I never even knew existed, let alone had ever been to.

I was driving through an S-bend when it started to rain so, in-between putting the wipers on and driving round the bend (yes, I know I drive you lot round the bend :D ), I just smacked the kerb. After that, I just thought sod it and probably drove better than I ever had before, or since for that matter.

Mind you, my instructor thought I was the luckiest bloke in the world when I didn't have to reverse around a corner - I was rubbish at it during my lessons and have only done it about 3 times in the last 3 years.

Mr_love_monkey
23-09-2004, 11:57
.....and have only done it about 3 times in the last 3 years.

wow - what a confession to make on a notice board :)

Seriously, it's a very good point - how many people do actually reverse around corners in day to day life? Parallell park, yes, I can see the point of, you use it all the time, 3 point turn (or turning in the road as they call it now) same thing.... but reverse round the corner? .. no...

ntluser
23-09-2004, 12:00
The important thing is to stay calm and to do things the way you know they should be done. Don't allow yourself to be bullied by impatient or aggressive drivers, particularly tail-gaters.

Make it obvious that you are using your mirrors and checking and controlling your speed.

Keep up with the traffic so long as the traffic around you isn't speeding and make sure that you observe the 2 second rule i.e. keep a few car lengths behind the car in front.

If you see something ahead that you are not sure of, check your rear mirror and slow down so that you have more time to see what's happening and to decide what action you are going to take.

When doing manoeuvres e.g. 3 point turn, parallel parking etc take your time and make sure that you do the usual mirror checks.

Take particular care when dealing with cyclists i.e. give them a wide berth.

When watching the road ahead, note any road markings or changes in markings.

Be prepared to stop at zebra or pelican crossings i.e slow down as you approach.

When driving behind lorries and buses, stay well back to give yourself maximum viewing space in case you decide to overtake or in case the bus stops abruptly leaving you no room to move out.

Make sure that you know all the signs, road markings etc and respond accordingly when you see them.

When approaching traffic lights,always be prepared to bring your car to a controlled halt i.e. slow down until you're sure they'll still be green when you get there.

Don't be frightened to acknowledge or give traffic courtesies but keep your hands on the wheel.

Most of this is common sense and sensible anticipation, but you'll be surprised how many stupid things you'll see out there on the road.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the test!!

Nugget
23-09-2004, 12:03

:blush: Ahem, well yes. But, on those 3 occasions, I've done it fantastically well :naughty:

Chris
23-09-2004, 12:09
Hope this helps.

Good luck with the test!!

errr ... he failed :( :p:

But good info all the same :tu: :D

Russ
23-09-2004, 12:10
I've never understood why people feel the need to make a big display of using their mirrors - the examiner will know when you're supposed to use them and will be watching out at these times.

Mr_love_monkey
23-09-2004, 12:13
I've never understood why people feel the need to make a big display of using their mirrors - the examiner will know when you're supposed to use them and will be watching out at these times.

But it's more difficult for an examiner to see your eye movement alot of the time, so surely it's better to make a slightly exagerrated display of looking at the mirrors, so there can be no doubt?

ntluser
23-09-2004, 12:17
But it's more difficult for an examiner to see your eye movement alot of the time, so surely it's better to make a slightly exagerrated display of looking at the mirrors, so there can be no doubt?

That's why I emphasised it too.It's possible to check your mirror without moving your head and examiners don't want to just think you're using your mirrors they want clear evidence that you are.

:)

MovedGoalPosts
23-09-2004, 12:19
Best way to ensure you are seen to look n the mirror by making an exaggerated movement is to set the mirror up very slightly wrong. That way to get a good look you must move your eye line, not just peer up a little. Thus your head must move which makes it obvious what you are doing.

Russ
23-09-2004, 12:44

My old driver instructor told me that examiners are often insulted when people make such exaggerated movements as they are fully aware of when you need to use your mirrors and will be able to tell when you do so correctly.

Personally I'd rather not annoy an examiner if I was desperate to pass!

Mr_love_monkey
23-09-2004, 12:47
My old driver instructor told me that examiners are often insulted when people make such exaggerated movements as they are fully aware of when you need to use your mirrors and will be able to tell when you do so correctly.

Personally I'd rather not annoy an examiner if I was desperate to pass!
Yeah, but we're not talking about huge exaggerated ones, we're just talking about turning your head a fraction of an inch... and it was my driving instructor that told me that...

Maybe it's just the examiners in Wales are a bit more savvy? :)

gazzae
23-09-2004, 12:58

Seriously, it's a very good point - how many people do actually reverse around corners in day to day life? Parallell park, yes, I can see the point of, you use it all the time, 3 point turn (or turning in the road as they call it now) same thing.... but reverse round the corner? .. no...

I do it every day when I leave work.

orangebird
23-09-2004, 13:11
errr ... he failed :( :p:

But good info all the same :tu: :D

errr... I think ntluser was referring to his next test.... :p:

ZrByte
13-10-2004, 13:24
Well thanks a lot for your support everyone, I passed this morning (second try), got 8 minors, not bad really since I started driving this time last month (to the day) ive had 31 hours on the road with my instructor and 3 hours with my Dad so all in all I think I done quite well.
Thanks again people, just looking to see what car to get now, think I might revive that thread we did a while back about car choices :)

homealone
13-10-2004, 13:27
congratulations - well done & good luck choosing the car :tu:

punky
Well thanks a lot for your support everyone, I passed this morning (second try), got 8 minors, not bad really since I started driving this time last month (to the day) ive had 31 hours on the road with my instructor and 3 hours with my Dad so all in all I think I done quite well.
Thanks again people, just looking to see what car to get now, think I might revive that thread we did a while back about car choices :)

Congrats mate :) - There is nothing like the feeling of being able to drive where you want, the freedom, the feeling, it is unbeatable.

Nugget
Congratulations Zr, dashing good show!

8 minors is pretty good - I used to work with somebody who got 30-odd!!!

dilli-theclaw
13-10-2004, 13:28

Congratulations :)

Marge
13-10-2004, 13:29
Well done Z and some nice rep points have been awarded.

Wishing you years of safe and happy driving :tu:

(which area do I now need to avoid??? :Sprint: ;) )

Russ
13-10-2004, 13:30
Right - you can do some taxi-ing about on the next CF meet then :D

ZrByte
13-10-2004, 13:40
congratulations - well done & good luck choosing the car :tu:

Thanks a lot, Can't wait to see whats on offer when we go the auctions to get it :)

Congrats mate :) - There is nothing like the feeling of being able to drive where you want, the freedom, the feeling, it is unbeatable.

Thanks mate, I know what you mean, it felt good enough when I got my CBT for my motorbike, this feels ten times better than that :D

Congratulations Zr, dashing good show!

8 minors is pretty good - I used to work with somebody who got 30-odd!!!

Thanks a lot, cant wait to go out now and get some experience driving on my own, eager to try the motorway aswel (Though probably when its quiet, likeley late at night)

Congratulations :)

Thanks a lot :) I really wanna go out and celebrate now but everybody is in work at the moment, then im in work once they get out :disturbd:

Well done Z and some nice rep points have been awarded.

Wishing you years of safe and happy driving :tu:

(which area do I now need to avoid??? :Sprint: ;) )

Thanks very much :) , just stay off the Wirral and you should be safe ;) , should be anyway :D

EDIT:

Would you really want me to put people through such horror? :D

zovat
13-10-2004, 14:04
Well done mate - glad you passed this time..

I have a mate who took 7 attempts to pass :(

You'll look back in a few months and wonder how you managed without a car (or your folks will wonder what to do with all the extra free time they have... ;) )

Ramrod
13-10-2004, 14:53
Thanks again people, just looking to see what car to get now, think I might revive that thread we did a while back about car choices :)Well done! :tu: :)

daxx
13-10-2004, 14:59
Congratulations on pasing :)

tip: motorway practice as k your DI for a lesson on the motorway, a couple of hours on the M56 should be OK, :devsmoke: or 'maybe' the M60/61/Worsley interchange at rush hours

Chris W
13-10-2004, 15:02
ZrByte.... all the best drivers pass second time :)

(i did ;) )

congratulations :tu:

Silent Wings
13-10-2004, 15:11
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2004/10/6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS) ZrByte ;)

spookily I was only thinking about you and your test yesterday :erm:

nffc
13-10-2004, 20:33
Congratulations on pasing :)

tip: motorway practice as k your DI for a lesson on the motorway, a couple of hours on the M56 should be OK, :devsmoke: or 'maybe' the M60/61/Worsley interchange at rush hours
maybe the A6144M or A601M?

Or any of these (http://pathetic.endoftheinternet.org/
) for that matter lol!

swoop101
13-10-2004, 21:17
Well done :tu: :D

now keep your head and don't get caught being silly, cos if you do in the first few months you will have to do it all again :disturbd:

ZrByte
13-10-2004, 22:19
Thanks again everyone, you have all been so supportive, now to go and revive that thread I mentioned about earlier so I can make a more informed decision when I buy my car :)

Maggy
13-10-2004, 23:07

Welcome to the traffic jams,the tailgaters,the flat caps,speed cameras,road works,the other stupid drivers...Frankly the amount of freedom is being curtailed daily and the open road is no longer as open as it once was.Gridlock just about kills any sense of freedom.

I'm so sick of being on a nice bit of open country road doing a nice steady speed with no one in front of me and loads of space behind me and what happens?Some g*t pulls out in front of me and proceeds at a speed at least 10 MPH under the speed I was doing and 20 under the road speed limit.I hate people like that. :mad: They always HAVE to pull out in front of you.Can't wait for you to get past.

Well done but don't think it will improve the quality of your life it won't.The continual search for a parking space at peak times will put paid to that. :(

Steve H
14-10-2004, 01:56
Well done but don't think it will improve the quality of your life it won't.The continual search for a parking space at peak times will put paid to that. :(

Having a car improved my life ten fold ;) Freedom, no reliance on anyone is great.

Stuart
14-10-2004, 11:44

:notopic: You mean you are actually going to come to one? :Yikes:

debbiejana
15-07-2010, 23:47
Got my driving test tomorrow morning and im nervous as hell, any advice on how to relax?
My Driving instructor thinks I have as good a chance as most of his students to pass, not bad really considdering I only started learning last monday.
Whats really making me nervous is that I havent passed one of my mock tests, I have come close, this morning I got 13 minors and made 1 serious in the last 30 seconds of the test doing my parralel parking.

Well any advice is more than welcome, or even if just want to wish me luck (need all the luck I can get I think). I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi good luck i have my driving test tomorrow at 11.11, i have had a week of of lessons although this is my 3rd test,

Zee
16-07-2010, 00:15
You do know this thread is about 6 years old, so im pretty sure he doesn't have his test tomorrow :P

Halcyon
16-07-2010, 00:32
Wow, that is one big thread bump.

Lord Nikon
16-07-2010, 02:11
Anyone else notice that these necro bumps are coming from first time posters?

alferret
16-07-2010, 05:32
I wonder what the record is for the oldest bump.

Lord Nikon
16-07-2010, 06:38
Peter stringfellow and any of the girls he has dated, though Hugh Heffner is trying.

ZrByte
16-07-2010, 10:30
Blast from the past!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::D

Kymmy
16-07-2010, 10:35
Blast from the past!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::D

Well do you still have your licence?? :D :D

ZrByte
16-07-2010, 10:40
Well do you still have your licence?? :D :D

Indeed! :D And not a point on it ;)

Kymmy
16-07-2010, 12:17
:tu:

Pauls9
16-07-2010, 14:27
Well, good luck Debbiejana!

LondonRoad
16-07-2010, 15:37
Anyone else notice that these necro bumps are coming from first time posters?

Cable Forum frequently appears high up in results from Google. This may be an explanation why so many first timers are attracted to a particular old thread.

e.g. Search for Driving Test tomorrow and the first result directs you to this very thread :D

latina
17-07-2010, 22:00
i need help in 18 days i will be doing my driving test i know i got plenty of time but belive it or not i dont think i got enough time left. i have been learning since 2007 i have done two intensive courses pluss many hundreds more lessons the problem was that i stop for a year so i started againg 4 months ago my instructor said i am absolutely fine and everytime i get a lesson he gives me a 95% pass with no serious faults but here is my problem.....

he tells me that i slightly :erm: touch the white line just before turning right that is by far the only problem whit me i am great doing my mirrows ooooh wait i got another little problem that conects to the white line and that is lines anything that is straight like reversing round a corner on the corner bit i do fantastic on the straight bit well..... i go all over the place but i end up somehow with my car straight anyways my question is.....

will that problem make me fail my exam? and also has anyone done their test in south norwood? my instructor told me to book it there and also to book it at 8:10am..... any of you have an idea of why? i am always aware of everything around me i know my highway code i also drive and brake smothly that is literaly the only problem with me, is there a way of fixing it? i mean my instructor tells me is ok that maybe the examiner wont even see it or might preten that he didnt as long as i show him that i can drive any advice will be apreciated

thank you