PDA

View Full Version : Getting a SACM

Graham M
19-09-2004, 15:42
How easy is it to get a Standalone Cable Modem from NTL? Will there be any extra charges? Installation?

It's just the Cable Box (Pace 1000) TV keeps locking up, well occasionally anyway and it's a pain in the bum because I run an IRC server and although I've set the timeout time quite high so that people won't disconnect straight away and might survive through a Cable Box reboot and while the Router is latching onto the DHCP server you still get some timeouts.
TIA

Zeph

BIGZIPZ
19-09-2004, 15:54
I asked about this and one of the NTL people who lurk here PM'ed me. Took about 10 days and 2 mins to install.

Graham M
19-09-2004, 16:33
*waits for PM*

Tezcatlipoca
19-09-2004, 16:41
How easy is it to get a Standalone Cable Modem from NTL? Will there be any extra charges? Installation?

It's just the Cable Box (Pace 1000) TV keeps locking up, well occasionally anyway and it's a pain in the bum because I run an IRC server and although I've set the timeout time quite high so that people won't disconnect straight away and might survive through a Cable Box reboot and while the Router is latching onto the DHCP server you still get some timeouts.
TIA

Zeph

Should be easy enough, I think. Plenty of other people here have had it done, thanks to help from some of the ntl employees who post/read here.

What's your location? (something the ntl people like to know, as some help different areas)

I don't think there'd be any extra charges, although you may have to have a new 12 month contract for the SACM (I think it has to have a new account created, inplace of the STB BB account)

Graham M
19-09-2004, 16:43
Im in Poole. (ex. C&W)