PDA

View Full Version : SACM registration problem

BigChin
18-09-2004, 16:10
Okay, so as planned an NTL guy came round Friday afternoon to swap over my Samsung STB for a SACM, all good there. :)

However, as I have subsequently found out there is a problem with the registration process which has been ongoing since TUESDAY! (Can read about it on service status site). As a result each time I try to register my modem I cannot, getting the "incomplete details" error when trying to verify.

I called up tech support yesterday, got through to a nice lady who took me through the whole registration procedure via the autoreg site but resulting in the same error. She checked my details, they were all fine. She asked for my modem MAC address and checked it out and said everything was fine there too, and that my problem is a result of the ongoing registration issue. All she could suggest was to keep trying the way I had been doing. :(

At first I thought the registration problem only cropped up yesterday and would be fixed pretty soon (like yesterday or today) but after going to a friends house to get on the Internet (now) I find out that this has been going on since Tuesday! :mad:

So I'd like to know, what the hell is this problem, why is it taking so long to fix, and when can I expect to get back onto the Internet?! Any info would be appreciated! :tu:

Chris W
18-09-2004, 16:11
PM me your pin number for the registration and i will have a look what is going on when i go to work on monday.

MB

Marge
18-09-2004, 16:14
or me as I'll be in earlier than Monkeybreath ;)

Chris W
18-09-2004, 16:19
or me as I'll be in earlier than Monkeybreath ;)

:PP:

Marge
18-09-2004, 16:31
BigChin, have just emailed a friend at work to see if she can check the account and see whats wrong with it !!

BigChin
18-09-2004, 16:59
Thanks for the help both of you :)

Marge
18-09-2004, 18:39
Thanks for the help both of you :)

Check your PM's, hopefully it's been sorted :tu:

BigChin
18-09-2004, 21:18
Check your PM's, hopefully it's been sorted :tu:
Yep, it's all working now. Thank you very much! :)

Marge
19-09-2004, 00:39
Yep, it's all working now. Thank you very much! :)

Glad it's working now :tu:

carlingman
19-09-2004, 04:00
Well I am glad for the original poster it is working too.

And I have repped Debs and Monkey accordingly.

However I really hope NTL do not roll out the the attitude shown towards Mark B found in this thread here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=17595&page=1)

Where would the users and this site be without the Help offered in this thread and the priceless advice and Help Mark has shown in the past.

:D