PDA

View Full Version : Help!

rizindon
16-09-2004, 13:56
OK i got a prob i got NTL Broadband 300k in the uk. last week i got thsi error and the net stopped wrkin the error was this connection has limited netwrk connectivity... it wudnt let me connect at all just page not displayed the usual so went to netwrk connection in control panel and in the little icin of 2 monitor there was a little icon there with a exclamation mark clicked on detail and it say the error and repar it dnt wrk after tryin to get it to wrk i gave up and after a feww hours bout 7 i tink it did start to wrk. Last night sme thing happens agen this is after 3 days or so and wudnt work tries it afetr 16 hours it wrks.

ps. it also says that the netwrk had not assigned a isp or sumthin liek that to this computer not sure wta it was exactly am i being capped???? plz help

Download Failed (1) Download Failed (1)

zovat
16-09-2004, 14:06
how are you connected - STB of Cable Modem ?

do you have a router?

what lights were showing on the STB or CM ?

(STB = set top box, same thing as your Digital telly goes through)

oh and :welcome: to the forum :D

rizindon
16-09-2004, 14:15
I connect thru a STB ive resetted that bout 10 times when i got this problem it goes and comes back wen it feels like it plz help...

nffc
16-09-2004, 14:34
And in English?

Chris W
16-09-2004, 16:01
I am assuming from what you have said that you are using windows XP with SP2 on it. If this is indeed the case, the next time that the internet drops, disable any firewall or antivirus software and then go to start -> run-> cmd -> and type ipconfig /renew and press return.

Does it give you the message:

"unable contact dhcp server" or "an operation was attempted on something that is not a socket"?

Also, need more info about your setup:
Are you using the ethernet cable, or the usb adaptor?
Do you have a router?
Are you using firewall/AV software, if so which?
What do you have to do to get the connection back up and running?
When the connection drops does the second light (if you have a pace) or only light (if you have a samsung) in the main display go off or flash or does it stay solid?