PDA

View Full Version : Charged twice for PremPlus

Nor
15-09-2004, 13:42
Recieved my bill this morning, charged £100 for PremPlus. Thought it was simple enough, phoned up to get it sorted. Was told it had happened to alot of people.

The solution ?? I've to cancel my direct debit, pay by cash, then reset up my direct debit again next month from what I can understand. The girl on the phone was more or less saying its my fault if the full amount gets direct debited from my bank account.

Very annoying phonecall, on hold for the supervisor now, gah, ntl at their best.

Nor
15-09-2004, 13:47
Had a chat with the line manager and he said he'll cancel the bill and change it to the proper amount. Good service from that fella, only a pity I had to be on the phone getting earache from the girl for 20 minutes.

Graham F
16-09-2004, 12:21
nor - from experience of working at ntl, the billed amount (the amt on the bill) will be debited from your acc by DD regardless of any adjustments that they do with your account, i would be suprised if they managed to get the amount changed....

scrotnig
16-09-2004, 14:39
Yep, check they have amended the pending DD if there is one.....

Nor
16-09-2004, 15:24
Thanks fellas will do.

It was abit of a shock really. I was already in a wee bit of trouble after they said you can't pay £5 a month, you need to pay £50 up front. Then another £50 is added onto that. I have alot of packages and got a few SPL matches from Setanta so my bill was £225. Its normally around £110, so quite a hit to take in one month.

Thats what made me so mad when the girl basically said its my fault if I get charged cos I should go and cancel my direct debit. It is bloody murder setting up direct debits again and pee'd me off that she said "oh it only takes 5 minutes for you to do it all".

Aaaaanyway, I'll check the dd and see if they've changed it. Hopefully they have cos I ain't got £225 in my account.