PDA

View Full Version : Digital Hiccups?

Humms
10-08-2003, 11:17
Hello there just wondered is anyone else is having the same issue down here in Berkshire. I keep getting, what I would describe as, a digital hiccup. Seems like a short pause and then the feed continues. Seems to be happening on all the channels. I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t know whether this is the box or just the feed itââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s getting.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Stephen Robb
10-08-2003, 13:37
Originally posted by Humms
Hello there just wondered is anyone else is having the same issue down here in Berkshire. I keep getting, what I would describe as, a digital hiccup. Seems like a short pause and then the feed continues. Seems to be happening on all the channels. I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t know whether this is the box or just the feed itââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s getting.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Hello Humms. Yes, I live in Reading and I've had over the last 2/3 days. I have just put it down to the excessive heat we are having.
Got to be something like the road side cabinets and other systems overheating, which basically at the moment no-one can do anything about!! So I'm thinking what we want is a good downpour to cool everything down. Just got to live with it!!!!!!!

:shrug: :wavey: :D :p

Mick
10-08-2003, 13:40
Hi Humms and welcome to the site. ;)

I know of some STB's that have not been coping too well with the hot weather. Whats the model of your STB?

Honeymonster
21-08-2003, 09:27
I'm seeing this problem too. Outages last for about 5 mins during which there is a total loss of signal for a second or two followed by the signal being restored for a fraction of a second, repeated for the duration of the outage.

I wonder how localised this is? I'm in RG6. At least this thread confirms it's a network problem rather than the equipment in my house. The outages cause everything to fail (digital TV, analogue passthrough, cable modem and FM radio).

I've rung customer services a couple of times but they give the impression that a) they don't want to know about intermittent faults, and 2) they don't seem to be able to cope with a customer telling them that there's something wrong with the network (as opposed to a STB issue).

Honeymonster
27-08-2003, 22:09
It's happening again today after being OK for a number of days.

Brin
04-09-2003, 14:26
Hi,

here in Swindon I am getting the same problems. The occasional artifacts and definitely digital hiccups. It appears on most channels that I have looked and spoiled both Qunicy and the Sentinal. ( I know that its sad but.......).

I also noticed an almost total lack of synch between sound and picture on the sc-fi channel.

Does anyone in the know or have any idea what is happening?

It is hot this afternoon but no hotter than in previous weeks and I certainly did not see these problems then/:( :(

Stephen Robb
04-09-2003, 17:21
With reference to my Post #2, Honeymonster (do you really eat those things????) and Brin, after a couple of days of the wobbles and things started to cool down, I personally have had no more problems with the system! Unlike Honeymonster, I only had the digital TV go out of line on all channels, but the phone and BB was not effected. Again, I live in the town centre RG1, Chatam Street/Reading West bridge area, if that helps regarding areas.