PDA

View Full Version : NTL lost my BB order!!! ARGH!

lohwj
12-09-2004, 23:59
I'm really really very p*ssed off with NTL at the moment.

Decided that I'll get broadband installed in my flat. I know it's available, as I've been recieving leaflets about it, and called the Westminster support office to check. (I've had NTL analogue TV for the past 2 years)

I've been overseas the past month, and knowing that the lead time for installation is quite long, I ordered from the NTLhome website, so I could get it installed once I got back to london. It even allowed me to choose an installation date (15th Sept.. AM, not PM even).

Just got back yesterday, and when I called NTL to confirm that they were coming on Wednesday, they tell me that they never got my order!! (Oh, this was after I was passed through 4 departments.. ) I tell them that I've even got an order number from the website, and they say that it's useless. Supposedly, there's a problem with orders from Westminster, and they've always never recieved online orders from Westminster?!!?! She said they all get lost?!??! :dozey:

And the lady had the cheek to tell me I should have called earlier to confirm the order!!!

Now I've got to wait till October before I get it installed. Being a student, I wanted it done before term started. Now, I've got to wait till a weekend in Oct before I can get it installed...

Sorry, just a rant. But it's definately not a good start to my BB experience with NTL.. Should've stuck with ADSL..

paulyoung666
13-09-2004, 00:14
but if you still have adsl then dont move ;) :D :D :D

lohwj
13-09-2004, 00:18
nope.. cancelled my adsl when I went overseas.. Was away for a few months, so worked out that it was cheaper to cancel it, and start a new contract when I get back.

I could go back to ADSL, but NTL tempted me with the 750k, and free installation....

Neil
13-09-2004, 08:12
I could go back to ADSL, but NTL tempted me with the 750k, and free installation....

And the worst possible start as a customer.

Surely as you are in Central London you could get one of Bulldog's DSL offerings where you could probably get 2MB DSL for the price of your ntl 750k?

Jeez-take a look at this for a great offer: http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/residential/XPNP/XP/index.asp :eek:

£52.00 per month gives you the following.....

Up to 4Mbps downstream
Up to 400kpbs upstream

Completely unrestricted broadband - no time or data download limits

Web space (20MB web space, 10MB file folder, 10MB Photo album)

Phone service-Free, unlimited calls to local and national UK landlines

On-net calls (to other Bulldog customers) for free

Mobile and international call rates as per attached tariff

Say goodbye to BT's £34.50 (£31.50 if you pay by direct debit) quarterly line rental

No minimum call charge or connect fee (BT minimum charge is 5p)

Keep your existing BT number (or if you prefer, ask for a new one)

Broadband and phone service conveniently charged on the same bill

Free popular standard call features - anonymous calling (141) and call return (1471)

Advanced call features (call waiting, three-way calling, call forwarding, call barring) for an extra £1 a month

Now that sounds like an absolute bargain to me. :tu:

lohwj
13-09-2004, 10:02
Sounds like a bargain too! but just checked their website. Although I'm in Westminster, I'm considered "Out of central London" for them. (website said I'm connected to the Lords exchange on thier network)

Packages available to me then aren't all that great. £30 for a 1Mbps service.....

Would've considered if I was in "Cenrtal London"

Neil
13-09-2004, 10:18
Sounds like a bargain too! but just checked their website. Although I'm in Westminster, I'm considered "Out of central London" for them. (website said I'm connected to the Lords exchange on thier network)

Packages available to me then aren't all that great. £30 for a 1Mbps service.....

Would've considered if I was in "Cenrtal London"

£30.00 for 1MB, no cap, no proxies, & isn't it £20.00 for the 1st 3 months?

Still better than £25.00 for a capped/proxied monthly "service" from ntl though (you will also get a 256k upload with ADSL, whereas the upload on the 750k service is only 128k)

HTH.

Paul
13-09-2004, 10:49
Much as it pains me to agree with Neil (;)) I think he is right. If I lived in London I would be looking at ADSL rather than ntl - especially given the poor 'service' you have got so far.

lohwj
13-09-2004, 16:22
Hrm. You guys make good points...
Might look at Bulldog again. Maybe when they enable my exchange, I can move to the faster service.

Well, thanks for the help guys!! Looks like NTL might have lost a customer just because they didn't process my order fast enough :)

gavnad
13-09-2004, 20:13
the very same happened to me...i arranged an install for my brother...was given the date and arranged a pm install...but as i work for ntl thought mmmm i better check it out and lo and behold no appt booked....luckily the csr blesss her not her fault after all booked the same appt for my bruv anyways

lohwj
13-09-2004, 22:13
Hrm. Wish my sister worked for NTL then...... :)

Anyway, Paul M, why do you say if you lived in London, you'd get ADSL? I mean, ADSL packages are the same nationally (other than the Bulldog LLU package).