PDA

View Full Version : Pot-Noodles

Electrolyte01
11-09-2004, 23:48
Does any one else here enjoy these lovely snacks? :D

homealone
11-09-2004, 23:51
ok - define 'enjoy' - what is your benchmark ;)

Electrolyte01
11-09-2004, 23:52
Not as in the adverts you pervert :D

As in tasty ;)

Sorry if I went to far :)

greencreeper
11-09-2004, 23:55
Chicken and mushroom I do - that's the only one. I sling the soya sauce though - spoils it.

Mal
11-09-2004, 23:56
They are f-ing disgusting!!! Pardon my language.

Can a pot noodle be classed as food? I think not!

Rubber in hot water, with some sauce.

:D

Electrolyte01
11-09-2004, 23:56
I basically like them all:

Beef and tomatoe
Chicken and mushroom
Nice 'n spicy
Choe mein (how ever you spell it)
Sweet and sour

And more :)

greencreeper
11-09-2004, 23:58
I hear they're essential pop festival food :erm:

mrmassive
11-09-2004, 23:58
is this student food your on about? :D

Electrolyte01
11-09-2004, 23:59
Who? What? Where? Why? :rolleyes: :disturbd:

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 00:08
That's usually either beans or spaghetti (with ketchup) :D

Nikko
12-09-2004, 00:26
I am not a great dog lover - but especially Not Poodles.

Paul
12-09-2004, 00:36
Does any one else here enjoy these lovely snacks? :DNo. :sick:

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 00:44
No. :sick:
Now don't mince your words, Paul. Just come straight out with it :p: :D

Macca371
12-09-2004, 01:05
Anyone tried 'Bombay Bad Boy'? Almost burnt my tongue off but strangely I enjoyed it :D

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 01:08
Anyone tried 'Bombay Bad Boy'? Almost burnt my tongue off but strangely I enjoyed it :D
How long have you had these masochistic tendencies? :D

Paul
12-09-2004, 01:15
Now don't mince your words, Paul.I don't.

Just come straight out with it I did.

;)

Marge
12-09-2004, 01:18
Pot Noodle :sick:

Macca371
12-09-2004, 01:24
How long have you had these masochistic tendencies? :D

Macca371
12-09-2004, 01:24
Anyone like raw noodles?

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 01:28
I don't.
We know :p:

Anyone like raw noodles?
How long have you had this perversion? :D

Raw! Ewwwww. Gonna make yourself ill. Mind you, I had a mate who liked raw bacon rind and he was never poorly :erm:

Macca371
12-09-2004, 01:33
Raw! Ewwwww. Gonna make yourself ill. Mind you, I had a mate who liked raw bacon rind and he was never poorly :erm:

No it's so nice! I wouldn't like raw bacon there'd be no taste, I love mine cremated. I love raw oxo cubes aswell. Yum.

I suppose I should think about the health consequences. Seems like everything I enjoy is unhealthy :rolleyes:

Paul
12-09-2004, 01:35
Seems like everything I enjoy is unhealthy :rolleyes:You and me both, I gave up worrying about it years ago.

Macca371
12-09-2004, 01:41
You and me both, I gave up worrying about it years ago.

Wish I could but I'll worry about anything.

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 01:44
No it's so nice! I wouldn't like raw bacon there'd be no taste, I love mine cremated. I love raw oxo cubes aswell. Yum.

I suppose I should think about the health consequences. Seems like everything I enjoy is unhealthy :rolleyes:
Weird - my sister had a thing for oxo cubes when she was in her teens. Maybe it's the hormones :D According to the boffins, all foods are unhealthy - there's always a new study that contradicts previous studies and says x is bad for you :rolleyes: Bit of limp lettuce on rye - no ta.

Macca371
12-09-2004, 01:51
Weird - my sister had a thing for oxo cubes when she was in her teens. Maybe it's the hormones :D According to the boffins, all foods are unhealthy - there's always a new study that contradicts previous studies and says x is bad for you :rolleyes: Bit of limp lettuce on rye - no ta.

Yep and then there'll be something that says that beer or chocolate or red wine or something else which was previously deemed 'unhealthy' can actually be good for you. Which one is it? :confused: It's hard to keep up.

I know that chocolate contains antioxidants and that red wine can help lower blood pressure if you limit yourself but still it's all confuzzling.

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 02:10
Yep and then there'll be something that says that beer or chocolate or red wine or something else which was previously deemed 'unhealthy' can actually be good for you. Which one is it? :confused: It's hard to keep up.

I know that chocolate contains antioxidants and that red wine can help lower blood pressure if you limit yourself but still it's all confuzzling.
Oh I munch chocolate regardless :D How else am I supposed to cope? Red wine - I had a bad experience recently and it's put me right off. I'll stick to rum :) My problems are that I don't eat fish (most of it is just ewwwww - all those bones) or fruit (it's the texture). But you never do know for certain what is and isn't healthy - it's a state of flux.

Halcyon
12-09-2004, 11:49

Totally agree with you.
The stuff they put in them is mostly flavoured with whatever chemical combination they come up with.
I wouldnt touch a pot with a barge pole.

Maggy
12-09-2004, 13:46

Rubber in hot water, with some sauce.

RUBBER? More like deconstructed cardboard and rabbit droppings.Yuk!

Electrolyte01
12-09-2004, 13:53
RUBBER? More like deconstructed cardboard and rabbit droppings.Yuk!
Where have you been all these years then.....oh crap I shouldn't have said that for the people who had them before :D

Stuart
12-09-2004, 14:47
Well, I like Pot Noodles..

There...

I said it...

Ramrod
12-09-2004, 14:52
Me too......love pot noodles. In fact I love almost any noodle based dish. In a pot or not :drool:
The noodle place in Bexleyheath now does home deliveries :disturbd: :D

gazzae
12-09-2004, 15:48
I like the new ones, The Posh Noodles

paulyoung666
12-09-2004, 16:22
I like the new ones, The Posh Noodles

i had one look at one of them and went :eeek: :sick: and had a :fit: :D :D :D

Scrubbs
12-09-2004, 16:29
I've always liked them :)

but I haven't had any for a long time

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 16:30
Well, I like Pot Noodles..

There...

I said it...
<ripple of applause from the other group members>
Now you've reached stage one of the recovery programme, maybe you'd like to share with the group how long you've had these "desires"? We're all here to support you.

:p:

Halcyon
12-09-2004, 16:33
The thing is you can actually make something ten times nicer with much more flavour by spending just a couple of pounds on some real pasta and making yourself a really nice dish without E, G, H, J, D, K numbers, preservatives, and chemicals, and it will taste twice as nice.
Nothing beats real cooking.

Maggy
12-09-2004, 16:34
The thing is you can actually make something ten times nicer with much more flavour by spending just a couple of pounds on some real pasta and making yourself a really nice dish without E, G, H, J, D, K numbers, preservatives, and chemicals, and it will taste twice as nice.

So right.

My Tarts Spaghetti is to die for. ;)

Scrubbs
12-09-2004, 16:35
Ahh but its not as fast, boil kettle, pour on noodles wait 2 minutes, stir, burn mouth:D

paulyoung666
12-09-2004, 16:36

couldnt agree more :tu: , its just when i am at work , something quick and easy to do is handy :tu:

Electrolyte01
12-09-2004, 16:37
I tried the posh noodles once, didn't like them very much. Prefer the Pot Noodle :erm:

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 16:45
When you live on your own, as many of us do, it's difficult to justify spending an hour preparing a meal just for yourself. Far quicker to shove a microwave meal in the micra or a pizza in the oven.

Maggy
12-09-2004, 16:46
You can buy fresh pasta in the supermarket.It takes 3 minutes to cook in boiling water and you add the fresh sauce of your choice available from the same shelf in the supermarket. :rolleyes:

Also fresh chopped garlic and tomato UNCOOKED is absolutely smashing with any kind of hot cooked pasta.For the almost lazy amongst you. ;)

Or take some cooked ham and a RAW egg and add to hot spaghetti with some grated parmesan.The egg cooks on the hot pasta.It's delicious and is the real recipe for carbonara. :D

None of the above takes more than 15/20 minutes.

I love pasta.It's the fastest food and is quicker than ordering in a take away.

Incog. :)

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 16:54
You can buy fresh pasta in the supermarket.It takes 3 minutes to cook in boiling water and you add the fresh sauce of your choice available from the same shelf in the supermarket. :rolleyes:

Well I do that but the sauce would be discounted as "processed" - I'd have to make fresh, which involved faffing around. Besides which, whenever I cook anything it either tastes nasty or of nothing :(

Also fresh chopped garlic and tomato UNCOOKED is absolutely smashing with any kind of hot cooked pasta.For the almost lazy amongst you. ;)

I use the powered stuff - saves on chopping. I don't like tomatoes :sick: Same with all fruits. Ewwwwwww.

Or take some cooked ham and a RAW egg and add to hot spaghetti with some grated parmesan.The egg cooks on the hot pasta.It's delicious and is the real recipe for carbonara. :D

<makes notes>

:tu: My fav pasta comes from Asda - best stuff I've had.

homealone
12-09-2004, 16:56

None of the above takes more than 15/20 minutes.

yum :drool: - everyone round to Incog's for supper ;)

- rather than the 'pasta sauce' type products, which I find are too sweet, why not try a jar of fresh passata with some pesto to jazz it up.

<edit> just seen John doesn't like tomato - ho hum ;)

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 17:05
<edit> just seen John doesn't like tomato - ho hum ;)
This is why I watch Ray Mear's and weep in the sure and certain knowledge I'd starve to death if my plane crashed somewhere remote and all I had was a squirrel and a bit of manky weed to live on. It's the skin, seeds and hard core (from a tomato - not the squirrel). In tomato based products you usually end up with just skin - same with peppers. I don't like the bits of skin. Tomato on a pizza or in lasagne (only from M&S though) I will eat.

Electrolyte01
12-09-2004, 17:07
This is why I watch Ray Mear's and weep in the sure and certain knowledge I'd starve to death if my plane crashed somewhere remote and all I had was a squirrel and a bit of manky weed to live on. It's the skin, seeds and hard core (from a tomato - not the squirrel). In tomato based products you usually end up with just skin - same with peppers. I don't like the bits of skin. Tomato on a pizza or in lasagne (only from M&S though) I will eat.
:notopic:

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 17:09
:notopic: :D
Of course, the worst offender for the bits of skin problem is the BEEF AND TOMATO POT NOODLE.

<greencreeper deftly demonstrating how to bring a thread back on topic>

Shaun
12-09-2004, 17:27
Tarts Spaghetti

Tarts spaghetti? :confused:

Maggy
12-09-2004, 17:38
Tarts spaghetti? :confused:

Chopped fresh basil,chopped garlic,chopped red chilli(seeds removed)fried in olive oil.Then add tsp tomato paste, chopped anchovies(not too many),capers(about a tablespoon), a few chopped black olives and about a pound of tomatoes skinned and chopped(deseeded if you prefer but use more tomatoes) and add to the garlic,chilli and basil in the oil.Cook on low to medium heat until tomatoes are soft.DO NOT ADD SALT,the anchovies are salty enough.Add some more fresh TORN basil to sauce and stir.Add to hot cooked spaghetti,add parmesan cheese and eat with lots of red wine.

The italian name is Spaghetti alla Puttanesca meaning Tarts Spaghetti.Why I don't know.Perhaps it's the chilli. :D

paulyoung666
12-09-2004, 17:45
Chopped fresh basil,chopped garlic,chopped red chilli(seeds removed)fried in olive oil.Then add tsp tomato paste, chopped anchovies(not too many),capers(about a tablespoon), a few chopped black olives and about a pound of tomatoes skinned and chopped(deseeded if you prefer but use more tomatoes) and add to the garlic,chilli and basil in the oil.Cook on low to medium heat until tomatoes are soft.DO NOT ADD SALT,the anchovies are salty enough.Add some more fresh TORN basil to sauce and stir.Add to hot cooked spaghetti,add parmesan cheese and eat with lots of red wine.

The italian name is Spaghetti alla Puttanesca meaning Tarts Spaghetti.Why I don't know.Perhaps it's the chilli. :D

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ramrod
12-09-2004, 17:51
My Tarts Spaghetti is to die for. ;) The italian name is Spaghetti alla Puttanesca meaning Tarts Spaghetti.Why I don't know.Perhaps it's the chilli. :D
:confused: Is that spaghetti in a tart, made by a tart or for tarts? :Sprint:

Shaun
12-09-2004, 17:52
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:tu: :tu:

What time's it served Incog? Should I bring the wine?

paulyoung666
12-09-2004, 17:53
:confused: Is that spaghetti in a tart, made by a tart or for tarts? :Sprint:

and as bloodshed ensued ............... :D :D :D :D

Scrubbs
12-09-2004, 18:01
just googled it fyi

In Italian, a puttana is a "lady of the night." It is said that it's quick preparation made it popular as a fast snack between clients. Today it is found throughout Italy, although it is particularly popular in Rome.

'cos they didn't have pot noodles:D :)

Maggy
12-09-2004, 18:01
and as bloodshed ensued ............... :D :D :D :D

Nah!

Have you ever seen anyone wearing spaghetti?Don't they look hilarious?

Incog.Insert EVIL grin smiley.

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 18:13
In Italian, a puttana is a "lady of the night." It is said that it's quick preparation made it popular as a fast snack between clients. Today it is found throughout Italy, although it is particularly popular in Rome.

Methinks Coggy may regret posting the recipe :p: :D I heard there was a market for the more mature female :Sprint:

Ramrod
12-09-2004, 18:16
Nah!

Have you ever seen anyone wearing spaghetti?Don't they look hilarious?

Incog.Insert EVIL grin smiley.

'cos they didn't have pot noodles:D :)So it's made by tarts for tarts then? :D

Maggy
12-09-2004, 18:20
Methinks Coggy may regret posting the recipe :p: :D I heard there was a market for the more mature female :Sprint:

Nah! I'll make up my own recipe and call it Fat Old Biddy Spaghetti. ;)

Oh and will someone smack Ramrod for me.I'm too tired. :)

Slightly off topic.When did you join the gold clan Rammy?

greencreeper
12-09-2004, 18:36
Nah! I'll make up my own recipe and call it Fat Old Biddy Spaghetti. ;)

Oh there's definitely a market for them :D

Oh and will someone smack Ramrod for me.I'm too tired. :)
<thumps ramrod in ribs with handbag>

Ramrod
12-09-2004, 18:42
Oh and will someone smack Ramrod for me.I'm too tired. :)<thumps ramrod in ribs with handbag>Was it something I said? oops:

edit--sorry, forgot to reply to this:Slightly off topic.When did you join the gold clan Rammy?Um.....about a month ago....possibly......can't remember.

Halcyon
12-09-2004, 19:06
For those like myself who won't go near a pot, I thought I'd google it and found this disturbing image.

:Sprint:

Stuart
12-09-2004, 19:09
For those like myself who won't go near a pot, I thought I'd google it and found this disturbing image.

Mmmmmmmm

Maggy
12-09-2004, 19:14
edit--sorry, forgot to reply to this:Um.....about a month ago....possibly......can't remember.

Then I'll need to invent a recipe called the Dotty,Forgetful Old Biddy Spaghetti because I didn't notice.Sorry!! ;)

Ramrod
12-09-2004, 19:44
Then I'll need to invent a recipe called the Dotty,Forgetful Old Biddy Spaghetti because I didn't notice.Sorry!! ;)No reason why you should :)

Mal
12-09-2004, 20:11

:sick: Thanks for that ;) What are those parasite worms that people use for slimming? That picture looked like a whole city... :) :D

Stuart
12-09-2004, 20:16
:sick: Thanks for that ;) What are those parasite worms that people use for slimming? That picture looked like a whole city... :) :D
Tapeworms.

Atomic22
14-09-2004, 18:19
bombay bad boys rule the roost.......they are yummy

Chimaera
14-09-2004, 18:21
Tapeworms.
Thanks for that Stu - I'll try not to remember that as I tuck into my plate of tagliatelle later on.
And I HATE Pot Noodles btw!! :sick: but the kiddies love 'em - must be a student thing.............

Stuart
14-09-2004, 19:35
Thanks for that Stu - I'll try not to remember that as I tuck into my plate of tagliatelle later on.
And I HATE Pot Noodles btw!! :sick: but the kiddies love 'em - must be a student thing.............
Hey, I was just answering a question....

As stated earlier, I love Pot Noodles..

Lord Nikon
14-09-2004, 23:13

shows the mentality of the people who eat pot noodles really... they even have to label the spoon

paulyoung666
14-09-2004, 23:16
shows the mentality of the people who eat pot noodles really... they even have to label the spoon

right o , i suppose you eat gourmet food all the time then , do you get your cornflakes in a silver bowl with a silver spoon as well ;)

Electrolyte01
14-09-2004, 23:18
OK let's not go off topic please :erm:

Gonna have a Pot Noodle tomorow since my college finishes at 1pm ;)

paulyoung666
14-09-2004, 23:21
OK let's not go off topic please :erm:

Gonna have a Pot Noodle tomorow since my college finishes at 1pm ;)

:erm: :erm: :erm: , ok mr pretend mod :p: :p: :p: :p:

Electrolyte01
14-09-2004, 23:23
Oh be quiet you, I don't pretend to be a mod, it's my thread remember ;) :p:

Nikko
14-09-2004, 23:33
Oh be quiet you, I don't pretend to be a mod, it's my thread remember ;) :p:

Well if you are going to thread the noodles, you will need a needle, not a spoon

dilli-theclaw
14-09-2004, 23:34
I used to like pot noodles with mash (smash) when I was at college/uni - but now I don't...

Electrolyte01
14-09-2004, 23:35
Well if you are going to thread the noodles, you will need a needle, not a spoon
:confused:

Nikko
14-09-2004, 23:39
:confused:

There is no need to embarrass yourself - if you fail to understand things, remain silent.

Electrolyte01
14-09-2004, 23:40
There is no need to embarrass yourself - if you fail to understand things, remain silent.
I always embarras my self, I always mis-understand something, It's in my nature to :D

Nikko
14-09-2004, 23:46
I always embarras my self, I always mis-understand something, It's in my nature to :D

Well here is a word from the wise - if you respond to something, note the correct spelling and try and relay it back

Lord Nikon
15-09-2004, 00:11
right o , i suppose you eat gourmet food all the time then , do you get your cornflakes in a silver bowl with a silver spoon as well ;)

I was merely commenting on the fact that the spoon immersed in the pot noodle was clearly labelled "SPOON"

as for the gourmet food, dunno about gourmet, but I would personally prefer to spend another 10-15 minutes producing something tastier than a pot noodle...

if you want quick and easy food, pasta (penne / tagliatele) with mushroom sauce (campbells mushroom soup, only mix half a can of water with it instead of a full can) and some poached salmon, cook the pasta with garlic, and flake the salmon into the pasta / mushroom sauce, add a little salt and some black pepper and you have something that pot noodle can never hope to match.

Halcyon
15-09-2004, 01:47
I used to like pot noodles with mash (smash) when I was at college/uni - but now I don't...

Thankgoodness you saw sense !
Many people like you could have become Pot noodle addicts.
Thankfully, You have been saved.

Stuartbe
15-09-2004, 02:17

Cant see the potmash pots for sale anymore... Shame as they are fab for camping. No washing up and keep you warm as a late night snack :tu:

Electrolyte01
15-09-2004, 08:51
Never heard of potmash before :erm:

dilli-theclaw
15-09-2004, 08:53
Never heard of potmash before :erm:

I put smash into the standard (beef and tomato) pot noodle :)

Although - I would've bought a pot smash :)

snodvan
15-09-2004, 10:19

Take heart. I was the same at your age ie tomato = yuk and I had never even tried a sweet pepper. Now? NO PROBLEM. Love 'em both and chillis - buy 4 packs a week from Tesco. Go great with pasta and all sorts. Tried 'em once (in strict moderation) with strawberrys on my Weetabix + museli mix for breakfast. Very interesting and not bad at all

ps - prefer Tesco fresh pasta to Asda. Dunno why exactly, just tastes a bit better.

pps - Pot noodles = curried elastic bands. I would rather starve

Ramrod
15-09-2004, 10:24
Here you go people: Pot noodle ads (http://www.visit4info.com/static/advert_pages/10525.cfm).....enjoy! :D

Electrolyte01
15-09-2004, 11:15
Oh Ramrod, your not that obsessed with them now are you? :D

Ramrod
15-09-2004, 11:37
Oh Ramrod, your not that obsessed with them now are you? :DI love them but tend not to eat them 'cos they are full of cr*p. I occasionaly eat the Asda 'healthy options' (or words to that effect) ones.

Hello, name is Ramrod and I'm addicted to noodles......the nastier the better :drool: :disturbd:

Stephen
15-09-2004, 12:03
I love the new Posh noodle Sweet and sour variety. more spice than sweet and sour.

zovat
15-09-2004, 14:45
I think pot noodle are great - they were a staple diet for a lot of people in the gulf - they were far better than army food :D

Bombay bad boy was my fave.....

Atomic22
15-09-2004, 17:55
yeh pot noodles are great when all you have is a flask of hot water and a pot noodle ,and a healthy "gourmet" meal cooked in 15 mins is not an option.
some people don't know they are born and think all people have all the time in the world and all the ingredients to make something to eat.
pot mash and pot rice are also nice and they are both sold in asda if anyone needs to find them ;)
most pot noodles, pot rice and pot mash are meant for girls who only have a 10 minute dinner break.
bombay bad boys however are a different matter and not to be taken lightly........hmm must boil the kettle i can taste one already

Maggy
15-09-2004, 19:29
yeh pot noodles are great when all you have is a flask of hot water and a pot noodle ,and a healthy "gourmet" meal cooked in 15 mins is not an option.
some people don't know they are born and think all people have all the time in the world and all the ingredients to make something to eat.
pot mash and pot rice are also nice and they are both sold in asda if anyone needs to find them ;)
most pot noodles, pot rice and pot mash are meant for girls who only have a 10 minute dinner break.
bombay bad boys however are a different matter and not to be taken lightly........hmm must boil the kettle i can taste one already

Pah!I bet I have less time than you but I'd still scorn to eat pot noodles.

It is possible to eat a healthy diet on restricted time provided you think ahead.I take a roll,a sandwich,a salad that I've prepared myself the night before to work where I only get a 20 minute lunch period,which by the time I've kept students behind to discuss behaviour/work,cleared up the classroom will leave me with 10/15 minutes to eat and take a toilet break:) If you want hot food take a vacuum flask with the food already hot inside.OR if your workplace has a microwave take some left overs.All the ingredients?How much to buy a bag of rolls?A few tomatoes, a lettuce,some cheese,eggs,small tin of tuna.I know students have little money(I was one myself)but I never ate pot noodles.

gary_580
15-09-2004, 19:48
Pot noodles are expensive for what they are too

Ramrod
16-09-2004, 16:06
Right......I've got a Bombay Bad Boy hydrating atm. In the wings we have a posh noodle (spicy chinese chicken) a Seedy Sanchez and a chow mein (for later)
How much of the Bad Boy spice sachet should I add? I'm thinking all of it.....

edit--well the Bad Boy is quite spicy (loosened up my sinuses :D ) but not all that tasty...I was expecting more flavour rather than just heat......
Will keep ya'll posted as I eat the others :D

edit-edit--right, I'm on to the posh spicy chinese chicken......it's really nice. They have hit the spot with the flavour......mmmmm.....umami (http://www.glutamate.org/media/glutamate.htm) :)

Ramrod
16-09-2004, 18:09
Update! :D
Trying the Seedy Sanchez......not bad at all but the Posh Spicey Chinese chicken is still the best so far :)

Mal
16-09-2004, 18:16
Hungry? ;)

Ramrod
16-09-2004, 18:18
Hungry? ;)Curious :)

Mal
16-09-2004, 18:19
Curious :)
Should get a camera and do a pot noodle version of "Supersize Me". ;)

Ramrod
16-09-2004, 18:52
Should get a camera and do a pot noodle version of "Supersize Me". ;)No thanks :D
..I've just got the chow mein to go now.......I'll go put the kettle on...........once I've had this one I should be fine again for another few years :disturbd:

edit---the chow mein is nice but not flavoured enough imo.

Scrubbs
16-09-2004, 19:19
No thanks :D
..I've just got the chow mein to go now.......I'll go put the kettle on...........once I've had this one I should be fine again for another few years :disturbd:

edit---the chow mein is nice but not flavoured enough imo.
:D The things people will do in the name of science:)

Shaun
16-09-2004, 19:37
Shall I buy a get well card for you so we can all sign it when you have to go into hospital with appendicitis tonight? :LOL:

I've just bought 2 chicken and mushroom ones because of this thread......damn you all!!

greencreeper
16-09-2004, 19:39
I've just bought 2 chicken and mushroom ones because of this thread......damn you all!!
:drool: :drool:

Shaun
16-09-2004, 19:46

You're just after my pot noodle :p:

Electrolyte01
16-09-2004, 19:49
Hell yea! :D

greencreeper
16-09-2004, 20:02
I'm not saying anything :D

Maggy
16-09-2004, 20:34
Funny! I have read this entire thread and at no point have I even been tempted to go out and buy let alone consider eating any pot noodles. :erm:

However tonight I have prepared and consumed Genoese Pesto spaghetti. :D

Yes I made my own pesto sauce.Fresh! With Basil and toasted pinenuts and garlic and olive oil and Parmesan.Marvelous what you can do with a food processor.

Yum!! :D

Scrubbs
16-09-2004, 21:09
Funny! I have read this entire thread and at no point have I even been tempted to go out and buy let alone consider eating any pot noodles. :erm:

However tonight I have prepared and consumed Genoese Pesto spaghetti. :D

Yes I made my own pesto sauce.Fresh! With Basil and toasted pinenuts and garlic and olive oil and Parmesan.Marvelous what you can do with a food processor.

Yum!! :D
well....I made a vegy rissotto with leek, garlic, skinned baby tomatoes, courgette, mushroom, vegy stock,and rissotto rice and a chopped up spring onion to garnish

It was tasting absaluutly scrummy...........until I added the yoghurt...mmm I don't think I will do that again :td:
and it didn't taste anything like a pot noodle or a pot rice:D

Maggy
16-09-2004, 21:12
well....I made a vegy rissotto with leek, garlic, skinned baby tomatoes, courgette, mushroom, vegy stock,and rissotto rice and a chopped up spring onion to garnish

It was tasting absaluutly scrummy...........until I added the yoghurt...mmm I don't think I will do that again :td:
and it didn't taste anything like a pot noodle or a pot rice:D

Yes I think the yoghurt was a mistake.I suggest some white wine next time. ;)

Were you using proper risotto rice?

greencreeper
16-09-2004, 21:13
I went to Burger King :D I was going to go to the chippy but I thought I'd splurge a bit. I'm eating a lot of pasta and onion at the moment - simple, yummy and cheap.

Ramrod
16-09-2004, 21:17
Shall I buy a get well card for you so we can all sign it when you have to go into hospital with appendicitis tonight? :LOL:

Well I do have a slight headache now.....and I never get headaches :DI went to Burger King :D I was going to go to the chippy but I thought I'd splurge a bit. I'm eating a lot of pasta and onion at the moment - simple, yummy and cheap. :tu: Fried onion?

greencreeper
16-09-2004, 21:23
Fried onion?
Small knob of butter and a splash of sunflower oil to stop the butter burning. Peel, top and tail a large red onion, then chop - I lay it down because I tend to cut myself with onions. Gently saute the onion until the red becomes a lovely translucent pink. Fling over the pasta - cooked in a huge pan of salted water (needs room to move). Sometimes I do a Tesco Finest pork and apple sausage or two, but they're expensive :)

Ramrod
16-09-2004, 21:30
Small knob of butter and a splash of sunflower oil to stop the butter burning. Peel, top and tail a large red onion, then chop - I lay it down because I tend to cut myself with onions. Gently saute the onion until the red becomes a lovely translucent pink. Fling over the pasta - cooked in a huge pan of salted water (needs room to move). Sometimes I do a Tesco Finest pork and apple sausage or two, but they're expensive :) :tu: mmmmm nice :)

Scrubbs
16-09-2004, 21:40
Yes I think the yoghurt was a mistake.I suggest some white wine next time. ;)

Were you using proper risotto rice?
Oh I forgot there was some white wine in it .....sort of ..... :erm: dry martini :D there wasn't any white wine open

yes it was proper carnaroli riotto rice:)

Maggy
16-09-2004, 21:58
Oh I forgot there was some white wine in it .....sort of ..... :erm: dry martini :D there wasn't any white wine open

yes it was proper carnaroli riotto rice:)

Then add butter but not yoghurt next time.Wasn't strawberry was it? :)

Scrubbs
16-09-2004, 22:00
Then add butter but not yoghurt next time.Wasn't strawberry was it? :)Hmmm there's an idea :D no, it was natural , a bit too tart tho.It will be parmi shano regy arno next time( not out of a cardboard drum) :sick: The real block of cheese wiv da writing on a da side:D

Electrolyte01
16-09-2004, 22:01
Sheesh I sure made a hungry thread here :erm:

Mal
16-09-2004, 22:03
Strange...it made me :sick: when I thought of it... ;)

homealone
16-09-2004, 22:42
Hmmm there's an idea :D no, it was natural , a bit too tart tho.It will be parmi shano regy arno next time( not out of a cardboard drum) :sick: The real block of cheese wiv da writing on a da side:D

what a pig - oops, grana padano :clash of cymbals: :erm: :p: :monkey: :angel:

Scrubbs
16-09-2004, 22:59
what a pig - oops, grana padano :clash of cymbals: :erm: :p: :monkey: :angel:
:erm: :confused: nope.....lost me there:disturbd:

homealone
01-10-2004, 21:39
:erm: :confused: nope.....lost me there:disturbd:

sorry - description allowed for cheese of the type 'parmesan' has left me confused, is it 'Parmigiano Reggiano' or can it be 'Grana Padano' - the latter always seems to end with the "ooh - grana padano -ooh" kind of hip thrust - sorry again ;) :p:

Nikko
02-10-2004, 00:12
sorry - description allowed for cheese of the type 'parmesan' has left me confused, is it 'Parmigiano Reggiano' or can it be 'Grana Padano' - the latter always seems to end with the "ooh - grana padano -ooh" kind of hip thrust - sorry again ;) :p:

This will depend on whether you want a local cheese thats hard, flavoursome but needs grating,

or

a cheesy local that is great at being flavoursome, wants to be hard, but becomes grating.

Shaun
22-11-2004, 23:56
Just trying the new "super noodles to go" and although they are rather high is fat (15.3g per serving :shock: ) they are very tasty. :)

Edit - me and a guest were reading this thread before I posted, surely guests don't come here to read about cardboard based snacks :disturbd: :confused: :erm:

greencreeper
23-11-2004, 00:01
Just trying the new "super noodles to go" and although they are rather high is fat (15.3g per serving :shock: ) they are very tasty. :)

I discovered my cuppa soup contains (I think) the daily amount of salt a man is safely allowed to consume :shocked: They are salty though - soup, not men. Though men can be, but let's not go there :dig: :D

Edit - me and a guest were reading this thread before I posted, surely guests don't come here to read about cardboard based snacks :disturbd: :confused: :erm:
Most probably a bot or spider of some sorts, indexing the site, or Spillers keeping an eye on brand integrity :)

Shaun
23-11-2004, 00:10
I discovered my cuppa soup contains (I think) the daily amount of salt a man is safely allowed to consume :shocked: They are salty though - soup, not men. Though men can be, but let's not go there :dig: :D

Oh er :erm:

I must admit I really can't understand the necessity to put salt in everything, we've been using the same pot of salt (1kg) for the past 5 yeas and there's still loads left! Gaz ???

Most probably a bot or spider of some sorts, indexing the site, or Spillers keeping an eye on brand integrity :)

Maybe we should make some rather smart defamatory comments the bot won't understand, like: Pot noodles are crap :p: ;)

greencreeper
23-11-2004, 00:20
I've just checked - 1g of sodium per soup. The daily allowance is 3.5g, so a soup contains about 1/3 of the allowance, which is a heck of a lot. I thought the allowance was lower than 3.5g though :erm:

Shaun
23-11-2004, 00:42
I've just checked - 1g of sodium per soup. The daily allowance is 3.5g, so a soup contains about 1/3 of the allowance, which is a heck of a lot. I thought the allowance was lower than 3.5g though :erm:

Don't you have to multiply the sodium content by 2.5?

And I thought the daily allowance for males was 7g?

Wheres Homealone when he's needed?

Halcyon
23-11-2004, 01:04
Oh dear oh dear.....who resurected this thread?
Pot nooodles are DISTGUSTING !!!

Stuart
23-11-2004, 10:16
Pot Noodles Rock!

Electrolyte01
23-11-2004, 10:33
Pot Noodles Rock!
Agreed! :D

Ramrod
23-11-2004, 10:40
Pot Noodles Rock!Yep! :tu:

homealone
23-11-2004, 11:12

And I thought the daily allowance for males was 7g?

Wheres Homealone when he's needed?

Hiya :wavey:

- still can't get on at home :(

- you are correct, the Guideline Daily Amount for salt is 7g for males & 5g for females and to convert sodium to salt multiply by 2.54 (58.5/23).

:)

Dave Stones
23-11-2004, 11:15
food of the devil, they are...if there is one thing on this planet that deserves nuking it is the pod noodle factory :) :sick:

Pierre
23-11-2004, 11:34
food of the devil, they are...if there is one thing on this planet that deserves nuking it is the pod noodle factory :) :sick:

Outrageous, the king pot, bombay bad boy is top banana

greencreeper
23-11-2004, 11:35
Hiya :wavey:

- still can't get on at home :(

- you are correct, the Guideline Daily Amount for salt is 7g for males & 5g for females and to convert sodium to salt multiply by 2.54 (58.5/23).

:)
Yup - it's the sodium that does the damage though, and many manufacturers try and hide the actual salt content by just giving the sodium content, which will always be less.

homealone
23-11-2004, 11:53
Yup - it's the sodium that does the damage though, and many manufacturers try and hide the actual salt content by just giving the sodium content, which will always be less.

actually nutrition labelling is a bit of a grey area, manufacturers don't have to give nutitional info, unless a claim is being made (low fat etc).

If a nutritional table is provided, then it must either be in simple format (just energy, Protein, Carbohydrate & Fat) or in 'Big 8' format (Energy, Protein, Carbohydrate, Carbohydrate of which Sugars, Fat, Fat of which Saturates, Fibre & Sodium).

i.e. it is sodium that must be declared, by law. Any salt figures given are voluntary. However due to increased awareness of salt intake, many retailers are starting to insist information on salt & proportion of the GDA, per serving, is included on the pack.

Electrolyte01
23-11-2004, 13:15
Just had a nice Pot Noodle for lunch :D

Theodoric
23-11-2004, 19:25
Just had a nice Pot Noodle for lunch :D
Pot noodles? Have they improved over the days when they smelt like burnt rubber?

Theodoric
23-11-2004, 19:31
<Snip>
Yes. Atomic weight of sodium = 23 and of chlorine = 35.5, so to convert weight of sodium to weight of sodium chloride, multiply by (23+35.5)/23 = 2.54, or 2.5 near enough.

Dave Stones
23-11-2004, 19:33
Pot noodles? Have they improved over the days when they smelt like burnt rubber?
they taste like it as well now ;)