PDA

View Full Version : Sack Sven NOW!!

Graham F
08-09-2004, 20:44
He should of gone after all the s**t that happened in the summer but he likes his cosy little job and been in the papers every day!! the players like him cos they push him around...its time that the england football team concentrated on the football and stopped giving interviews like

if Sven goes we will not play for anyone else

FFS :mad: i want the back pages of the newspaper to be filled with football stories not the bitching and backstabbing that is going and has been going on in the last year. Get rid of him and lets get an English manager in who has the pride and the passion for it.
*cough*
Clive Woodward
*cough*

before any one says he knows nothing about football thats what all others can be employed to do he is a great man manager and will take none of the **** that Mr Erikson has/does

* these are my own views of how i see things and should not be taken as fact

Damien
08-09-2004, 20:48
So? We never do thhat well and always blame the manager, maybe, just maybe, we are not as good as we think we are.

Lets try keeping a manager for once and Clive woodward is not a football manager ma'kay

Graham F
08-09-2004, 20:53
So? We never do thhat well and always blame the manager, maybe, just maybe, we are not as good as we think we are.

Lets try keeping a manager for once and Clive woodward is not a football manager ma'kay

lets think about this he is the highest paid international manager....we go to a tournament and play poorly and get knocked out because rooney goes off injured. Then it turns out that Sven had his mind on other things :rolleyes: that is the point at which he should of got sacked but the FA are too spineless.

gary_580
08-09-2004, 21:09
we go to a tournament and play poorly and get knocked out because rooney goes off injured.

WTF!!! because Rooney went off injured? What planet are you on, its a TEAM game not one player

Graham F
08-09-2004, 21:15
WTF!!! because Rooney went off injured? What planet are you on, its a TEAM game not one player

so it should be but Sven the good old chap he is, planned everything round Ronney and looked like a lost lamb not sure what to do when he went off, so he buried his head in the sand and hoped we could hang on...great one :rolleyes:

Paul
08-09-2004, 21:15
Um, we seem to be winning atm :confused:

paulyoung666
08-09-2004, 21:18
why sack sven , how about getting some players who want to play instead of the prima donnas who get paid too much and are scared they are going to chip their nail varnish :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Graham F
08-09-2004, 21:19
Um, we seem to be winning atm :confused:

LOL this thread has not a lot to do with the game tonight....just not been abut much lately and felt it needed saying!! ;)

Graham F
08-09-2004, 21:20
why sack sven , how about getting some players who want to play instead of the prima donnas who get paid too much and are scared they are going to chip their nail varnish :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

because the players don't respect him and he has no control over them IMO - get someone in who will put them in their place

gary_580
08-09-2004, 21:22
so it should be but Sven the good old chap he is, planned everything round Ronney and looked like a lost lamb not sure what to do when he went off, so he buried his head in the sand and hoped we could hang on...great one :rolleyes:

or could it be that the team could not adapt? or just werent fit enough? or not technically good enough. BLAME BLAME BLAME!!! What is it with some people

Paul
08-09-2004, 21:24
Sorry, I can't vote, since I need a "keep him and qualify" option.

Damien
08-09-2004, 21:25
dam right

We should keep a manager for once, we are so stuck up our own arse. We are not good enough to win the world cup nor euro 2004 face it. Its not the always managers fault if we dont win cups

Graham F
08-09-2004, 21:27
or could it be that the team could not adapt? or just werent fit enough? or not technically good enough. BLAME BLAME BLAME!!! What is it with some people

not fit enough!?!? and whos fault is that for picking players that aren't match fit!! when you pay someone the amount he gets paid you expect certain things and one of them is to shoulder criticism/blame for crap preformances. that is just life my friend ;)

gary_580
08-09-2004, 21:37
not fit enough!?!? and whos fault is that for picking players that aren't match fit!! when you pay someone the amount he gets paid you expect certain things and one of them is to shoulder criticism/blame for crap preformances. that is just life my friend ;)

lol, have you seen the slobs that are english and play premiership football!!

Steve H
08-09-2004, 21:37
Why sack Sven?

Because he has the tactical knowledge of a cucumber & lacks passion.

Bring back an england manager, PLEASE.

Mal
08-09-2004, 21:54
Bring back an england manager, PLEASE.

Which English manager would you pick then, if we went back to the got to be English rule?

At the moment it would be pot luck whether they could hack it, as the most successful managers in England in the past 10-15 years have either been Scottish or French.

Chimaera
08-09-2004, 21:54
Well now they are acting like a bunch of spoiled kids - the team are refusing to give post-match comments as they feel they were mis-represented after the Austria game! Why don't they just grow up and do the job they are so well paid to do - PLAY BLOODY FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Steve H
08-09-2004, 22:32
Which English manager would you pick then, if we went back to the got to be English rule?

At the moment it would be pot luck whether they could hack it, as the most successful managers in England in the past 10-15 years have either been Scottish or French.

Probably Mclaran.. Although I'd of liked him to have a few years experiance with Newcastle first.. At the end of the day the managers only a figurehead who technically has the final say on who play's. Svens hardly a figurehead, he doesn't fire the team up before the match, he sit's on his backside half the time during the match with his primp and proper look.

Yes, I think we should have an english manager so I don't know what on earth your on about with the Got to be English blarb. Could you get fired up enough to say.. take France to a final, and guide them through matches? There isn't the same nationalism.. the same patriotic feel that you have when watching your OWN COUNTRY play football.

Sven's a crap tactician, he's a crap manager.. wouldn't even like to see him at Stoke tbh, much prefer Pulis who actually knows how to get a team going.

Steve H
08-09-2004, 22:33
Well now they are acting like a bunch of spoiled kids - the team are refusing to give post-match comments as they feel they were mis-represented after the Austria game! Why don't they just grow up and do the job they are so well paid to do - PLAY BLOODY FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Quite a bit of irony in that post Chim ;)

yesman
08-09-2004, 22:35
He should of gone after all the s**t that happened in the summer but he likes his cosy little job and been in the papers every day!! the players like him cos they push him around...its time that the england football team concentrated on the football and stopped giving interviews like...........................................FFS i want the back pages of the newspaper to be filled with football stories not the bitching and backstabbing that is going and has been going on in the last year. Get rid of him and lets get an English manager in who has the pride and the passion for it.
*cough*
Clive Woodward
*cough*

I think Eriksson has done quite well in comparison to other coaches of recent times, to keep on changing the coach will do no good at all.
Even if England do not qualify, it wouldn't be the first time.

The media thrives on sensationalism reporting, most of it being speculated hype, try not to take in what you read so much.

Get rid of him and lets get an English manager in who has the pride and the passion for it.

The last manager who had that, did nothing for the team at all, that is why he quit..............................Kevin Keegan

The only coach who has done any good in recent times was Venables, but his other out of football activities did not suit the stuffed shirts at the FA.

As for the poll, I will abstain as it is too biased.

Russ
08-09-2004, 22:37
In the poll, how about an option for "I'm Welsh/Scottish/Irish and don't care"....... :D

Damien
08-09-2004, 22:38
Why sack Sven?

Because he has the tactical knowledge of a cucumber & lacks passion.

Bring back an england manager, PLEASE. Please, we are trying to make the team better not worse.

England have gotten to where they should be every time. We do not have the quaility of players required to win world cups.

The thing that is ruining english football is the cycincal fans and the sensationllist press. Not a horny manager, Only in england can a single man having sex be considered a press scandal.

Lets keep a manager for once instead of sacking him because the press and the fans have tuurned after not winning cup after cup and lets stop hyping up players beyond their actual ability (Rooney is NOT pele, henry or whatever comparsion the papers can make)

Come to think of it i think we should get rid of the crap that currently call themselfs the FA managment. We need a fresh shake up at the FA instead of a new team manager. Keep Sven, Get rid of FA managers:tu:

gary_580
08-09-2004, 22:39

exactly, and not talk to the media

gary_580
08-09-2004, 22:42
In the poll, how about an option for "I'm Welsh/Scottish/Irish and don't care"....... :D

or a Pole :D

Damien
08-09-2004, 22:43
or half-french

Steve H
08-09-2004, 22:49
The media thrives on sensationalism reporting, most of it being speculated hype, try not to take in what you read so much

:rolleyes: Jumping to conclusions there aren't we? Just because he has views that you don't agree with.. he must read tabloid newspapers? :confused:

And damien read my post above. Sven has done nothing for us.. How on earth can you have a foreign coach managing a national side? Anyway, that's not the point I was making.. he's a text book manager that we don't need. Bring on Clive.. if he has the right staff around him he'd turn England around. And yes m8, we do have enough quality players to push teams like France and Brazil. Played correctly in a decent formation.. and not told to sit back on leads (Which is Sven's main tactic) then Yeah, we can challange them easily enough. We've got a supreme amount of quality coming through the ranks, and players are maturing just at the right time. Bring on Germany imo.

yesman
08-09-2004, 22:53
:rolleyes: Jumping to conclusions there aren't we? Just because he has views that you don't agree with.. he must read tabloid newspapers? :confused:

Like him and you come to that, I am entitled to my opinion.
If you read his post again, the bit about the back pages.............

Damien
09-09-2004, 07:22
And damien read my post above. Sven has done nothing for us.. How on earth can you have a foreign coach managing a national side? Anyway, that's not the point I was making.. he's a text book manager that we don't need. Bring on Clive.. if he has the right staff around him he'd turn England around. And yes m8, we do have enough quality players to push teams like France and Brazil. Played correctly in a decent formation.. and not told to sit back on leads (Which is Sven's main tactic) then Yeah, we can challange them easily enough. We've got a supreme amount of quality coming through the ranks, and players are maturing just at the right time. Bring on Germany imo.
We have reached both cups and gotten past the group stages in both of them

TigaSefi
09-09-2004, 09:08
Sven's is a very good manager, he is Swedish so they aren't really passionate outward ppl. Very Methodical instead. The tabloids are quite wrong to keep villifyin' him. Every England manager gets villified anyways no matter the nationality. So I don't really read "the scandals". The point is, we won last night, got 3 points, and Wales is next :D, that wot football about. I doubt any england managers at the moment apart from McLaren can do any better.

Graham F
09-09-2004, 09:09
damien....you been happy with failure speaks volumes abt english ppl's attuiteds to sport the only nation that don't mind losing :rolleyes:

Maggy
09-09-2004, 09:39
SACK THE TEAM,SACK THE MANAGER,SACK EVERYONE.

Just start all over again with folk who aren't being paid huge over the top salaries and getting huge endorsement fees.Then they might just get a team that plays for the love of the game and give the country back some pride.

Kick the agents and those hangers on who are just using the sport,any sport to promote dubious products(like Nike who's record in using child labour is disgusting)out of the dressing rooms and stadiums.

When I heard Alan Ball tell in an interview this week how when he was in the winning 66 team his take home pay was £500 a week it made me pause for thought.Maybe it's time to take the whinging,whining,drug using,alchoholic, oversexed bunch that represent us on the football pitch at present and kick them into touch.

Incog.I don't really hate football,I just hate what it has become and I still think there is too much sport on tv. :p:

Chris
09-09-2004, 09:57
I think it's about time we sacked the entire corps of lazy football writers in the British press, who earn money for nothing by trotting out endless 'sack the manager' stories. England is not the best footballing nation on Earth. Face facts. This means we will lose some of our games.

By the way, didn't we actually win last night, or was I reading about it in some strange parallel universe?

gazzae
09-09-2004, 10:12
Didn't the press get Bobby Robson sacked?? Or am I wrong with that? I though he was a great manager for England.

If you want to see a team with passion and deterimation look at the Northern Ireland team last night! I'll be honest, we are a pretty poor team but the players always give it their all to the very end (expect last Saturday, but we'll let them off for that!!). And when we do win its the sweetest feeling!! Maybe England should have a spell in the doldrums so that the fans can realise again how good it feels to win! (or draw!). Jesus you have 4 points from 2 away matches and your still not happy!!!!
I though the Norn Iron fans were great at the match last night too.

Looking forward to England coming over to Windsor park!

Mal
09-09-2004, 10:35
Yes, I think we should have an english manager so I don't know what on earth your on about with the Got to be English blarb. Could you get fired up enough to say.. take France to a final, and guide them through matches? There isn't the same nationalism.. the same patriotic feel that you have when watching your OWN COUNTRY play football.

Sven's a crap tactician, he's a crap manager.. wouldn't even like to see him at Stoke tbh, much prefer Pulis who actually knows how to get a team going.
To use your words, read my post properly. Where did I accuse you of being nationalistic. My beef was that you were saying that we should limit our options to an English manager, especially as all the English ones have been crap recently. :grind:

marcopolio
09-09-2004, 12:13
Bloody hell - talk about getting fired up!!

Now my turn :D . Looking at the facts, Sven is doing a very good job for a team that is not the best in the world, has only won one trophy and that was won on home soil. We have only lost three competitive fixtures, to the World Cup winners, the European Chamipionship holders and the home nation on penalties in Euro 2004.

Sven has ensured that we have moved on from the days of KK (Southgate in the centre of midfield, against Germany!?!), and are looking like we have an excellent chance of qualifying for Germany 2006.

2 games in, both abroad and against tricky opposition. Will Austria play with so much fire at Old Trafford/St. James Park/Anfield/Wherever when the packed crowd are fully behind England? Both should yield home victories, with the games away at Wales and Northern Ireland looking tricky as they will be derby games.

Seriously, sacking Sven would be a wrong move. He has brought stability, player togetherness and unity. Why remove him? Because he, as a single guy, has sex with a work colleague? How many people do that daily and what does this have to do with his ability to manage a football team - especially as this happened in the close season!!

He has also shown a willingness to make changes, with him taking a chance by dropping James and Smith for two unproven youngsters. People keep talking about dropping Beckham but previous England managers had to suffer the media demanding that Shearer be dropped, Robson is too injury prone etc. Looking back at these players suggests that the manager was correct to play them all the time, doesn't it?

All I am saying is to look objectively at where the England side is vs the media senationalism that surrounds the team. Having a poll for a donkey vs David James in goal - that is not journalism, football related critiscm or even a report on his private life!

Consider where England was before World Cup 2002: worried about even qualifying and beaten by the arch enemy 1-0 at Wembley.

After Euro 2004 and 2 qualifying games: hugely disappointed not to have beaten Brazil and won the World Cup, desperately unlucky not to beat Portugal in normal time and lost on penalties and again disappointed not to win Euro 2004. Also looking very solid for qualification (4 points from 2 away games - Poland and Austria must consider these dropped points).
England also in the world rankings at number 8 iirc.

Sven has moved England forward to the point where we feel that England should win every major tournament and when we don't the media response is ridiculous.

So, back to the point - can I have a "keep Sven and qualify" option? ;)

orangebird
09-09-2004, 12:19
Terry Venables for England Manager!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Neil
09-09-2004, 12:26
Terry Venables for England Manager!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

I agree 100%. :tu:

Trouble is-the old farts at the top of the F.A won't have him as he carries far too much respect from the players. :rolleyes:

Jeez-they worry about the 'baggage' that TV may bring-what about the baggage that Sven has brought!? :Yikes: (& no, I'm not talking about that old baggage Nancy! :D )

Much was the same for Brian Clough, he is IMO the best England Manager that England never had. :( :td: