suggest titles which you dont stock without receiving
a reply.

When things were good I was recommending you to people
- one of those people has now cancelled their
subscription and moved elsewhere as they tell me they
are experiencing the same slowness.

I'm disappointed to have to complain as in the past
Blockbuster have been really good.

anyone else experiencing crap DVD service from blockbuster on-line?

anyone got another supplier they recommend from experience?

Damien
02-09-2004, 19:31
going to a blockbuster store?

etccarmageddon
02-09-2004, 19:33
no this is online dvd rental - £14 a month for 'unlimited' dvds - ie. you have 3 out at a time... when you send one back they send you the next on your list.

great unless when you send back DVDs they stall on the turn around.

Damien
02-09-2004, 20:22
indeed

paulyoung666
02-09-2004, 20:49
no this is online dvd rental - £14 a month for 'unlimited' dvds - ie. you have 3 out at a time... when you send one back they send you the next on your list.

i wonder if they are a victim of their own success and cant cope anymore :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd:

Richard M
02-09-2004, 21:10

That sounds really good, I've never heard of a UK online service before and because I watch a lot of films (usually about 4-5 a week) this would suit me nicely. :)

Neil
02-09-2004, 21:30
That sounds really good, I've never heard of a UK online service before and because I watch a lot of films (usually about 4-5 a week) this would suit me nicely. :)

These may also be of use to you Rich: http://www.tescodvdrental.com/user/homeNewUser2.php & https://msn.videoisland.com/user/userRegistration.php

etccarmageddon
02-09-2004, 21:49

you wont regret it - especially if you rent a crap movie - you wont get that pig sick feeling of wasting £4!

SMHarman
02-09-2004, 21:52
I'm using www.screenselect.co.uk they are very quick at turnaround.

cookie_365
02-09-2004, 23:07
Don't know how impartial they are, but you might find

http://www.dvd-rental-guide.co.uk/compare.html

useful.

etccarmageddon
03-09-2004, 11:53
no email reply from Blockbuster yet!

SMHarman
03-09-2004, 12:26
I e-mailed screen select about their series in order delivery policy. I'm currently watching the West Wing and I was getting annoyed that I always had two WW discs so only one alternative movie to watch and a disk that sat around until I had watched the other 6 episodes.

I got a prompt courtious reply saying that most people wrote to complain that they did not have two of the series at once so as the minority - tough, our system is set up for the majority requirement.

The mail was personalised, polite and prompt. More than seems to be the case with Blockbuster.

etccarmageddon
03-09-2004, 12:43
I e-mailed screen select about their series in order delivery policy. I'm currently watching the West Wing and I was getting annoyed that I always had two WW discs so only one alternative movie to watch and a disk that sat around until I had watched the other 6 episodes.

I got a prompt courtious reply saying that most people wrote to complain that they did not have two of the series at once so as the minority - tough, our system is set up for the majority requirement.

The mail was personalised, polite and prompt. More than seems to be the case with Blockbuster.

my friend who has since ditched blockbuster, had complained to me that she wanted to watch supranoes in order but was never getting supranoes DVDs even though they were the top of her list. she also said blockbuster didnt respond to her emails and were slow to send stuff out.

:( shame cos they were good up until a couple of months ago.

SMHarman
03-09-2004, 12:56
Then I'd recommend a switch, I have some codes at home that give her, you free trials and me free months for recommending. Want them.

etccarmageddon
03-09-2004, 16:26
Then I'd recommend a switch, I have some codes at home that give her, you free trials and me free months for recommending. Want them.

she's already gone elsewhere but I'm interested! provided it's a store that offers a similar deal to blockbuster (3 dvds at any time for £14 a month) plus they need to be able to offer the Alias box set.

:)

ps. Still waiting for blockbuster to reply to my email! :Yikes:

SMHarman
03-09-2004, 16:56
she's already gone elsewhere but I'm interested! provided it's a store that offers a similar deal to blockbuster (3 dvds at any time for £14 a month) plus they need to be able to offer the Alias box set.

:)

ps. Still waiting for blockbuster to reply to my email! :Yikes:
Series 1 and two are both on there. The deal is £14.99 for 3 (i think they also do a £12.99 for two and £18.99 for four) and they are now offering sabatticals for when you are on holiday.

etccarmageddon
03-09-2004, 17:18
Series 1 and two are both on there. The deal is £14.99 for 3 (i think they also do a £12.99 for two and £18.99 for four) and they are now offering sabatticals for when you are on holiday.

got a link?

is this the right people?
http://www.screenselect.co.uk/visitor/home.html

SMHarman
03-09-2004, 17:19
got a link?
DVD - 2 Discs 2 £11.99
DVD - 3 Discs 3 £14.99
DVD - 4 Discs 4 £19.99
DVD - 5 Discs 5 £24.99

www.screenselect.co.uk as i mentioned in post 9! (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=293193&postcount=9)

etccarmageddon
03-09-2004, 17:27
what are they like when new films come out?

if a new film is on the top of your list on monday morning and the film is released that morning.... do you get the film or do you get another title on your list?

(I've just cancelled my blockbuster)

SMHarman
03-09-2004, 17:31
I've not really looked into it. You have a priority system 1-2-3
1 dispach asap
2 dispatch
3 when there is nothign else availible.

If you put a new release as 1 then I imagine it will go out as soon as you send a disc back, but this would mean you need to time your return.

You can add new releases months in advance, they have a section of whats on at the cinema, you can select from there so it comes into your selection when it is released on DVD 6-9 months later.

etccarmageddon
03-09-2004, 17:44
ok, cheers I'll check it out.. the only thing that concerns me is that policy of forcing you to have 2 series discs at the same time.

SMHarman
03-09-2004, 18:03
I'll update you on that when I return one next. I had west wing as my only priority 1 choice, so that would also force the disks to come out first. That has been rearranged so we will see what happens.

etccarmageddon
03-09-2004, 20:25
I'll update you on that when I return one next. I had west wing as my only priority 1 choice, so that would also force the disks to come out first. That has been rearranged so we will see what happens.

if you had only 1 of the west wing discs on your 'list' then it wouldnt send you out 2 at a time?

SMHarman
05-09-2004, 15:14
if you had only 1 of the west wing discs on your 'list' then it wouldnt send you out 2 at a time?
True, but it allows you also to select the box, then send the box out in order, rather than doing it one at a time.

etccarmageddon
17-09-2004, 10:07
ok, I've attempted the screenselect 'trial' but it's a Trial Jim, but not as we know it...

small print you arent told about when you sign up for the trial:-

"Trialists receive a full service from ScreenSelect, with one exception - titles are delivered exclusively to paying subscribers within the first four weeks of the title's DVD release date. This is to ensure that paying subscribers receive the best possible service regardless of short-term fluctuations in trialist numbers. Trialists are still free to reserve these titles in the normal way. Shipping restrictions are lifted as soon as the release date is more than four weeks ago or the subscriber makes their first monthly payment, whichever is the sooner. Recipients of gift subscriptions are not affected by these provisions."

So this is pointless for me!

bonzoe
17-09-2004, 20:05
CD-WOW do a similar service, claim to have 20,000 titles. No experience of service but no complaints when purchasing from them.

etccarmageddon
18-09-2004, 09:50
CD-WOW do a similar service, claim to have 20,000 titles. No experience of service but no complaints when purchasing from them.

I've just tried www.cd-wow.com and www.tesco.com.

tesco is sat there with 7 DVDs in my queue set up and ready to go and when I click on the rented items option it says it hasnt sent any out probably cos I dont have enough in my queue.

cd-wow has worked and has posted me 3 DVDs - so it looks like cd-wow is the better of all those I've attempted to trial.

etccarmageddon
28-09-2004, 14:41
I've just abandoned my cd-wow dvd trial after 10 days due to the slow turn around of DVDs - ie. a film was returned last week and reached them yesterday morning but their systems didnt send anything out in yesterdays post.

etccarmageddon
28-09-2004, 16:59
I've discovered this not very well known rental company and am partaking in a trial.

www.moviechoices.com

it's from the people who run the choices rental shops.

jtwn
28-09-2004, 17:46
I used dvds365, they were AMAZING. Postage was next day/2 day on the dvds, the packages are

3 Star package - 3 DVDs at a time, for £14.99 a month
4 Star package - 4 DVDs at a time, for £19.99 a month
5 Star package - 5 DVDs at a time, for £24.99 a month
1 Star package - 1 DVD at a time, for £9.99 a month

but, i used the free trial for a month, ive been meaning to sign up still :D

etccarmageddon
28-09-2004, 18:15
I used dvds365, they were AMAZING. Postage was next day/2 day on the dvds, the packages are

3 Star package - 3 DVDs at a time, for £14.99 a month
4 Star package - 4 DVDs at a time, for £19.99 a month
5 Star package - 5 DVDs at a time, for £24.99 a month
1 Star package - 1 DVD at a time, for £9.99 a month

but, i used the free trial for a month, ive been meaning to sign up still :D

they're actually next on my list if choices turn out to be slow.

etccarmageddon
30-09-2004, 11:39
the moviechoices dvds arrived yesterday but in highly bizarre packaging - the envelopes are square plastic bags with the DVDs inside a flimsy plastic sleeve - no cardboard or anything to prevent bending in the post!

etccarmageddon
05-10-2004, 16:59
moviechoices hasnt been a very good trial - I am getting films way down on my list, I assume because they have a high customer to DVD stock ratio.

now trialling dvd365.

following that www.qflicks.co.uk !

etccarmageddon
07-10-2004, 08:07
towards the end of my moviechoices trial and it has been a failure so far. they dont appear to have much stock.

DVD365 are impressive - I emailed them around 7am and received a prompt reply before 8am with my issue dealt with.

SMHarman
07-10-2004, 09:50
Looking at the affiliates thread this is probably worth posting.

http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/140088/966628 (http://tracker.tradedoubler.com/click?p=17418&a=966628&g=140088)
Sale, Lead: £3.00 - 45 day cookie

jellybaby
19-10-2004, 08:04
Well I stuck it out with Blockbuster, and i must say that they are getting better....Last week I got Van Helsing on the wednesday, and this week, i posted my DVD's back on Sunday, and this morning i have had some through the post...one of them being The Day After Tomorrow :)

etccarmageddon
19-10-2004, 08:20
I'm now trialling Qflicks.co.uk and DVD365 - both dont appear to be very good as they are sending me films way down my list - ones that have been out for ages.

handyman
19-10-2004, 08:34
I have been using these guys http://dvd.mailboxmovies.com/welcome/ you can even contact them via phone and get issues sorted straight away.

Very quick turn around..

mark

etccarmageddon
19-10-2004, 08:52
I have been using these guys http://dvd.mailboxmovies.com/welcome/ you can even contact them via phone and get issues sorted straight away.

Very quick turn around..

mark

looks like they'll be my next trial then! unless qflicks or dvd365 perform better in the next few weeks.

pujro
19-10-2004, 09:11
you may also find these sites of use:-
http://www.dvd4free.co.uk/
http://www.dvd2you.co.uk/compare/

gary_580
19-10-2004, 09:21
CD WOW do the same sort of service too

etccarmageddon
22-10-2004, 11:03
Qflicks is pretty poor - they have been sending items way down on my list and... yesterday 2 disks were returned and showed up as returned on their system but they only sent me 1 disk from my queue! so much for having 3 disks out at any one time!!! Crap.

SMHarman
22-10-2004, 13:54
Screenselect turnaround is very impressive.
Two in two out this week, both sent back in the same post and out in the same post.
Both those sent out were priorty one and one of these is 50 first dates, released Sept 13, not exactly new issue, but recent.

Perhaps you'll just have to pay them some money to see how they fare, they seem pretty good to me (post 35 above gives the link that gives CF money).

etccarmageddon
25-10-2004, 10:45
I posted a DVD back to DVD365 on saturday night about 11.45pm in a local box... I checked DVD365 site this morning and they have received it and logged it as returned.

Amazing postal service!