PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Summer?

Tricky
02-09-2004, 16:24
Well it's September, the kids are starting to go back to school and what happens the sun comes out. It's blistering in Huddersfield and I am going to get 18 holes of golf in...

Anyone else got plans for the Summer whilst it's around?

Ramrod
02-09-2004, 16:31
Well I'm spending the afternoon with the kids in the garden :D

Nugget
02-09-2004, 16:32
Yep - we're off next week (which probably means that it'll honk it down!), so we're off to stay at my parents in Birmingham and do all of the things that my girlfriend has been wanting to do down there for ages. Basically, we're there for 5 days ('cos she's got a job interview on Thursday that we've got to be back for), so we're going to:

Cadbury World
West Midlands Safari Park
Dudley Zoo
probably a day shopping in Brum (woo-hoo!)

Other than that, a nice relaxing week planned!

Halcyon
02-09-2004, 16:58
If you are in Brum land you may as well go to the Bull Ring shopping centre too.

This lovely weather has certainly put me in a good mood.
I've just finished baking a nice chocolate cake that Im going to serve up with fresh whipped cream and strawberries.
This warm weather makes summer last longer and Im loving it.

Nugget
02-09-2004, 17:02
If you are in Brum land you may as well go to the Bull Ring shopping centre too.

This lovely weather has certainly put me in a good mood.
I've just finished baking a nice chocolate cake that Im going to serve up with fresh whipped cream and strawberries.
This warm weather makes summer last longer and Im loving it.

Actually, if I'm being fair, I'm actually quite impressed with the new Bull Ring. Mind you, I spent the first 27 years of my life with it looking like something that Hell had vomitted up from the earth, so it couldn't have been much worse!

paulyoung666
02-09-2004, 18:42
work :( , and it will probably rain the weekend :disturbd: :disturbd:

Paul
02-09-2004, 18:53
Typical, back at work and it's all :Sun:

<sigh> :rolleyes:

Maggy
02-09-2004, 19:19
Dunno!Depends on whether enough staff are back for the beginning of term.I reckon I might hear next week if several someone's are off long term.

However it's my experience that it takes at least 2-3 weeks before the bugs get a hold. :) Therefore i'm taking each day as it comes for the moment

Bex
02-09-2004, 19:47
i had four days off and the weather wasn't great. now i'm back at work the sun is out. sods law.

now the sun is out, i will be working

Halcyon
03-09-2004, 01:08
The weekend is meant to be quite sunny I hear.