PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Sureguard Assitance, is it worth it?

Caspar
27-08-2004, 12:58
Ok, my new car is nearly a year old and it's time to think about "AA" cover! (...and I need it if you remember my Petrol Station story! :disturbd: ).

I've just spoken to my Vauxhall dealer and he's offering me the extention to the Sureguard cover to the Sureguard Assitance for £99. This cost extends the cover until 36months, another 24 months. It entails "full AA memembership, with replacement car, parts and labour, accommodation, etc". Also it covers the first MOT at 36months, all I'd have to pay is the MOT Cert, any work needed to get it through the MOT would be covered.

Is this worth it, £50 per year covering the above, as opposed to going to the AA or RAC direct?

The MOT cover seems attractive, hhmmm! I think it is...:)

Caspar
27-08-2004, 13:00
Looking at the AA's website £50 per year seems an excellent deal!!..AA's Option 400 is £155.

I appreciate the deal with AA and Vauxhall is that they make the assumption that cause it's a new car...you wont be needing them as often...only if you do silly things like get a petrol nozzle stuck!

poolking
27-08-2004, 13:02
So how did you manage to get the nozzle stuck? I haven't heard the story. :D

gary_580
27-08-2004, 13:05
The work required to get a car through its first MOT is most likely to be nothing.

One thing worth checking up on is if you can have breakdown cover attached to your car insurance. Many companies now offer this service and it can often be much cheaper or with better benefits than going direct.

Interesting that you say that it covers parts, what does that mean. Im sure if your engine had to be replaced that it wouldnt be covered but then again does your manufacturers warranty cover this sort of thing. I would also expect stuff like a clutch not to be covered as these items do wear.

Marge
27-08-2004, 13:08
So how did you manage to get the nozzle stuck? I haven't heard the story. :D

Here you go http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=245349&postcount=1

Caspar
27-08-2004, 13:09
It doesn't cover "wear and tare"! My car insurance is with Vauxhal as well, they were the cheapest from the ones I looked at, the wife only cost about a tenner to addon!

Nugget
27-08-2004, 13:10
Dang it, you just beat me Debs :erm:

Sorry Caspar, but I think that this was the funniest thing that I've ever heard!

Caspar
27-08-2004, 13:12
Dang it, you just beat me Debs :erm:

Sorry Caspar, but I think that this was the funniest thing that I've ever heard!

erm! :erm:

:)

poolking
27-08-2004, 13:12
Here you go http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=245349&postcount=1Thanks :tu: funny story. :D