PDA

View Full Version : Customer service ten commandments

seaneeboy
24-08-2004, 15:55
A very tenous item, but handy for infomation. I was watching Breakfast on BBC2 this morning over my usual bowl of special K, when I spotted an item on the new 118 services.

As an example they had some stock footage of a BT Call centre, and in the briefest of shots there was a list hanging down from the celing of the "Ten golden rules of customer service".

The main one that smacked me in the face like a trout of some sort was the following:

7: NEVER blame another area of BT for a problem. We're one company.

Is this one of the best pieces of CS Ethos ever? I have no idea if they stick to it but by god I thought it was cracking.

paulyoung666
24-08-2004, 16:00
but surely as happened recently in manchester ( i think ) , when they had the fire underground and cables were wiped out it would be fair to say that the engineers are trying to sort out the problem as fast as they can , or have i got the wrong end of the stick here :erm: :confused: :( :D :D :D

seaneeboy
24-08-2004, 16:04
I think it was more for the situations like NTL have to deal with all too often:

Customer: "I booked an install and they havn't turned up"
CS: "Oh dear. Must be the installation crew's fault"

paulyoung666
24-08-2004, 16:04
I think it was more for the situations like NTL have to deal with all too often:

fair play :D

Marge
24-08-2004, 16:09

have to say i can't remember the last time i got a "the crew haven't turned up" call - honestly !!!!!!!!

seaneeboy
24-08-2004, 16:29
:cry: I'm just trying to pass on an observation!!

Feel free to replace "Installation didn't turn up" with "I've been billed twice" or "Didn't get a callback from {dept}" or just about anything - OK, I chose a bad example, but it doesn't negate the point that it's a nice peice of ethos.

Marge
24-08-2004, 16:30

Feel free to replace "Installation didn't turn up" with "I've been billed twice" or "Didn't get a callback from {dept}" or just about anything - OK, I chose a bad example, but it doesn't negate the point that it's a nice peice of ethos.

Oh yeah, get plenty of the other examples :rofl:

paulyoung666
24-08-2004, 16:36

:sorry: , there is that better :D :D :D

paulyoung666
24-08-2004, 17:07
to the certain individual who has just red repped me for a comment on here , make yourself known and give us all your view , i will refrain from red repping you back , that would be childish , just come on here and point out the error of my ways ;)

paulyoung666
24-08-2004, 18:49
to the certain individual who has just red repped me for a comment on here , make yourself known and give us all your view , i will refrain from red repping you back , that would be childish , just come on here and point out the error of my ways ;)

no response , am i surprised , no not really :( :erm: :erm: :erm:

Chris
24-08-2004, 19:07
Not really an NTL thread, so moved to 'lifestyle' for general discussion. :)

greencreeper
24-08-2004, 19:11
The main one that smacked me in the face like a trout of some sort was the following:

7: NEVER blame another area of BT for a problem. We're one company.

Is this one of the best pieces of CS Ethos ever? I have no idea if they stick to it but by god I thought it was cracking.

That's never true though. One company on paper, but in reality, lots of separate departments that are rivals for the budget and are often at war over some issue or other.

seaneeboy
24-08-2004, 20:22
But it would still be something nice to aim towards :)

greencreeper
24-08-2004, 22:52
But it would still be something nice to aim towards :)

Absolutely. Like world peace, for example :p: