PDA

View Full Version : Broadband billing

andrew_wallasey
24-08-2004, 09:13
Why does your broadband have to go on a different bill?

Maggy
24-08-2004, 09:16
Why does your broadband have to go on a different bill?

Mine doesn't.

I wish it did because then I could stop the old man complaining about it every s*dding month because it would go through MY account instead. :mad: When I asked I could do it like that I was told I couldn't. :(

Kneebs
24-08-2004, 09:45
I've in the process of switching from BB through a STB to a SACM, and they had to setup a new DD for the stand alone modem. Maybe its the two different billing systems they use.....

Chris
24-08-2004, 09:52
Thread title clarified. :)

scrotnig
24-08-2004, 10:38
In ex-Cable and Wireless areas...

Broadband via Set Top Box will go on the same bill as your TV and telephone.

Broadband via Cable Modem goes on a separate bill, this is because cable modems run on a different billing system. By default these don't send paper bills, they use an email notification, however paper bills can be provided on request.

scrotnig
24-08-2004, 10:39
Mine doesn't.

I wish it did because then I could stop the old man complaining about it every s*dding month because it would go through MY account instead. :mad: When I asked I could do it like that I was told I couldn't. :(
If you're in an ex Cable and Wireless area you could achieve this by getting a cable modem installed.

Florence
24-08-2004, 10:42
When I changed from STB to SACM I had to have a seperate bill. It works out alright just they end up taking the money on two seperate days.

When the email arrives you know what they are taking out and on what date,(if it arrives I have not had them every month since I moved over)

andrew_wallasey
24-08-2004, 23:51
Yes but my point is why can't you have a SACM on your normal bill would make more sense if you want it to be.

Chris W
24-08-2004, 23:54
Yes but my point is why can't you have a SACM on your normal bill would make more sense if you want it to be.

Did you read Mark B's post? it is because they are billed through different system....

ADC
25-08-2004, 00:05
Broadband billing used to be incorporated into the telephone billing system, the actual program to change speeds ran (and indeed still runs) under an entirely different system. The majority of regions are currently undergoing a change of system, and in the near future will allow billing to be merged. For example you can have your television, modem & telephone all under one bill, unfortunately the date that this will be happening is still up in the air as far my source tells me. The new system is on roll out for the entire country, and as I am aware it is in development as I type. Speaking on a personal level though, I can't wait for it all to roll out fully as it'll make life a lot easier (and more calculable.)

Chris W
25-08-2004, 00:54
Broadband billing used to be incorporated into the telephone billing system, the actual program to change speeds ran (and indeed still runs) under an entirely different system. The majority of regions are currently undergoing a change of system, and in the near future will allow billing to be merged. For example you can have your television, modem & telephone all under one bill, unfortunately the date that this will be happening is still up in the air as far my source tells me. The new system is on roll out for the entire country, and as I am aware it is in development as I type. Speaking on a personal level though, I can't wait for it all to roll out fully as it'll make life a lot easier (and more calculable.)

:welcome:

Harmony is the upgrade that you are referring to...

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14256