PDA

View Full Version : Need to Cancel 2month Free BB Trial

smevans
22-08-2004, 20:59
Will be moving home in the next 3 weeks at which time the 2 month free Broadband trial will be up.

The new property doesnt have NTL at all so I need to cancel this.

I've heard that the NTL Customer service is pretty carp and I dont want them taking out future payments and effectively putting me on a 12 month contract.

Thoughts ?

Florence
22-08-2004, 21:06
Before you judge the NTL CS staff try calling them.

Yes some are bad but there are some really good workers who are very customer friendly if you give them a try.

paulyoung666
22-08-2004, 21:06
yeah , ring em up and cancel it , while you are at it , ask them how much you owe them and when that payment has been taken cancel the dd ;)
it is always wise to cancel a 'dead' dd when it is not going to be used anymore :)

scrotnig
22-08-2004, 21:40
Will be moving home in the next 3 weeks at which time the 2 month free Broadband trial will be up.

The new property doesnt have NTL at all so I need to cancel this.

I've heard that the NTL Customer service is pretty carp and I dont want them taking out future payments and effectively putting me on a 12 month contract.

Thoughts ?
Ask for your local Customer Relations team, they deal with disconnection requests and will be able to stop the trial for you.

andrew_wallasey
24-08-2004, 09:11
Is your new house miles away from any existing network?

If its just a few hundred meters I have heard of NTL extending the network slightly to accomodate the other houses subject to it being cost efficient.

Motorman
18-09-2004, 00:24
Is your new house miles away from any existing network?

If its just a few hundred meters I have heard of NTL extending the network slightly to accomodate the other houses subject to it being cost efficient.
2 meters is the maximum, any more it has to be reffered to management for approval. If the construction goes to 5 meters, then there really has to be 3 or more new subscribers, ie a block of flats
etc