PDA

View Full Version : Adult Happy Meal

gary_580
20-08-2004, 15:47
Just overheard the funniest conversation i've heard in a while.

Customer: Can i have an adults Happy Meal
McDonalds: Ranch or Ceaser, Fried or Grilled Chicken
Customer: ......................
McDonalds: That will be £xx.xxp
Customer: What if the pedometer doesnt work
McDonalds: Return it and we will give you a new one
Customer: what if you havent got any left
McDonalds: Here sir take two just to be sure
Customer: What happens when the battery is flat
McDonalds: Throw it away
Customer: Thats a waste
McDonalds: person looks as if they couldnt care
Customer: How does the peodmeter work
McDonalds: It counts everytime you make a step
Customer: How
McDonalds: every time you shake it
Customer: why is it an adults happy meal?
McDonalds: We are not allowed to advise children to wear it on their wrists!

:shocked: :D :D :D

Chris
20-08-2004, 15:51
:spin:

malcpro
20-08-2004, 15:57
:dozey:

Nugget
20-08-2004, 16:02
:disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd:

Jon M
20-08-2004, 16:09
If any of you three get repped for the contents of those replies I'll eat all the bits that fall out of my keyboard when I turn it upside down. :erm: :p:

andygrif
20-08-2004, 16:11
I think I am right in saying that one of those new 'healthy' options at McD's contains twice the daily recommended sodium intake for an adult.

Chris W
20-08-2004, 16:13
If any of you three get repped for the contents of those replies I'll eat all the bits that fall out of my keyboard when I turn it upside down. :erm: :p:

let the keyboard eating begin.... :p: :D :angel:

Stuartbe
20-08-2004, 16:17
Should be nice and crunchy :D

Jon M
20-08-2004, 16:18
let the keyboard eating begin.... :p: :D :angel:
If you go to the meet in London next weekend I'll bring them all in a plastic bag and put them in a sandwich or something.. but, I want proof that you repped one of those hapless smiley posters first ;)

Contents of keyboard (not as bad as it could have been.. i cleaned it a month or so back): Assortment of hairs, eyebrow, head and nostril possibly. 6 seaseme seeds from lunchtime rolls. Range of crumbs, different colours and sizes. Lint/fluff looks like naval fluff (blueish) but probably didn't come from there.

gary_580
20-08-2004, 16:20
I think I am right in saying that one of those new 'healthy' options at McD's contains twice the daily recommended sodium intake for an adult.

I read somewhere that it has a higher fat content than a cheeseburger

Electrolyte01
20-08-2004, 16:22
:erm:

Mr_love_monkey
20-08-2004, 16:24
I've always wondered why they were called Happy meals... I guess no one would buy them if they were called Sad Meals...

Nugget
20-08-2004, 16:25

Hmmm, hope you're feeling peckish :p:

Chris
20-08-2004, 16:27
If you go to the meet in London next weekend I'll bring them all in a plastic bag and put them in a sandwich or something.. but, I want proof that you repped one of those hapless smiley posters first ;)

Sorry ... ;) :D But I think you were asking for it!

Nugget
20-08-2004, 16:29
Sorry ... ;) :D But I think you were asking for it!

Snap! :D

Jon M
20-08-2004, 16:31
OK, now you lot can visualise me making abusive signals at you all :p: ( even if I'm not ;) )

I'll see if I can find our digicam at work.. otherwise I'll save it for the meet.

Nugget
20-08-2004, 16:36
I read somewhere that it has a higher fat content than a cheeseburger

What? S1lv3r's keyboard?

Electrolyte01
20-08-2004, 16:37
Sorry I had to rep one of them :D

nffc
20-08-2004, 16:51
I've got a nice new keyboard :) except I'm still getting used to it so I'm making typos all over the show :(

Nugget
20-08-2004, 16:53
I've got a nice new keyboard :) except I'm still getting used to it so I'm making typos all over the show :(

Fair enough, but we need to know what it tastes like ;)

Lew
20-08-2004, 16:55

/me reps Chris Tâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’‚¦

Be sure to post pics :)

Chris
20-08-2004, 16:56

I shook a week's worth of toast crumbs out of mine this morning. You can tell the weeks I'm having trouble getting out of bed by the state of my keyboard:

Up early = a bowl of cereal at home = clean keyboard.
Up late = toast from the staff canteen at my desk = a right mess.

I'd have been delighted if I'd shaken it and a Big Mac dropped out though. :drool:

Nugget
20-08-2004, 16:58
I shook a week's worth of toast crumbs out of mine this morning. You can tell the weeks I'm having trouble getting out of bed by the state of my keyboard:

Up early = a bowl of cereal at home = clean keyboard.
Up late = toast from the staff canteen at my desk = a right mess.

I'd have been delighted if I'd shaken it and a Big Mac dropped out though. :drool:

AT one point, the keyboard at my old job had more crisps in it than the bag I was actually eating from. Mind you, they definitely filled a gap when I finally cleaned it out :sick:

Chris
20-08-2004, 16:59
OK, now you lot can visualise me making abusive signals at you all :p: ( even if I'm not ;) )

I'll see if I can find our digicam at work.. otherwise I'll save it for the meet.

The restaurant probably has a policy about you bringing your own food. But seeing as we're going to Covent Garden you could eat it outside and make a piece of sreet theatre out of it. You might even draw a crowd. :D

Nugget
20-08-2004, 17:01
You might even draw a crowd. :D

If he takes a pencil, then he could draw a picture!

nffc
20-08-2004, 17:02
Hey, I never said I was gonna eat it :mad: :cry:

I do eat by the PC but as it's wireless and only a little desk :( I normally prop the keyboard up against the desk on the floor clearing the space for eating so there's no food in it, innit.

Apart from tasting of plastic, battery acid and probably a bit of dust / hairs...

Jon M
20-08-2004, 17:05
Hehe, guess what I had for lunch :D.. Bacon double cheese XL burger with supersize fries and a strawberry milkshake.. mmmmm :disturbd:

Nugget
20-08-2004, 17:07
Hehe, guess what I had for lunch :D.. Bacon double cheese XL burger with supersize fries and a strawberry milkshake.. mmmmm :disturbd:

See - now you'll have no room for the keyboard :(

gary_580
20-08-2004, 18:10
wow nearly all posts off topic!!!

Does Coggy do a "we got lost" award?

nffc
20-08-2004, 18:28
wow nearly all posts off topic!!!

Does Coggy do a "we got lost" award?
And what's wrong with off-topic posts, threads evolve.

gary_580
20-08-2004, 18:32

Where did i say anything was wrong with it?

paulyoung666
20-08-2004, 18:32

and threads also turn into unmitigated drivel as well ;)

nffc
20-08-2004, 20:30
and threads also turn into unmitigated drivel as well ;)
One could also argue that a thread about happy meals, conversations about pedometers overheard in MaccyD's, was unmitigated drivel to begin with. ;)

gary_580
20-08-2004, 21:38
One could also argue that a thread about happy meals, conversations about pedometers overheard in MaccyD's, was unmitigated drivel to begin with. ;)

and maybe you might understand why it was funny

paulyoung666
20-08-2004, 22:02

doubt it ;)

nffc
20-08-2004, 22:17
And whether I did or not, it's still drivel. And BTW, I did find it funny.

Maggy
20-08-2004, 22:25
You called?

This is your just reward. ;) (for all the other contributers to this thread as well)

Download Failed (1)

Mal
20-08-2004, 22:26
Does the award come in supersize?

nffc
20-08-2004, 22:27
And what precisely is wrong with drivel, personally I find it amusing...

Maggy
20-08-2004, 22:29
Does the award come in supersize?

Hmmm! Depends where it ends up.

Does the word stuffed give any clues? ;)

nffc
20-08-2004, 22:33
And if that's meant to be an avatar there's no way it's gonna displace Reidy.

Maggy
20-08-2004, 22:48
And if that's meant to be an avatar there's no way it's gonna displace Reidy.

Nope it's a just a bit of fun.Reidy is perfectly safe.

If you take a look around the forums you will find I do award medals from time to time.

Did you get one of these?As a new member you are entitled. :tu:

http://incognitas.i-webhosted.co.uk/CFPoxyMedal.jpg

Florence
20-08-2004, 22:51
See - now you'll have no room for the keyboard :(
:( :confused: :erm: didn't s1lv3r say the crumbs that you shake out of the keyboard..

gary_580
20-08-2004, 22:56
:( :confused: :erm: didn't s1lv3r say the crumbs that you shake out of the keyboard..

Yup

Nugget
23-08-2004, 14:24

Alright, alright - is this better?

See - now you'll have no room for the keyboard debris :(

;)

Jon M
23-08-2004, 15:03
Debris Update:
Unfortunately my shirt was washed with the little plastic bag of bits in the pocket (along with my pay slip and 2 coffee cards), and I'm yet to find it.
I will therefore investigate the contents of my home keyboard (M$ natural, should hold even more) and attempt to ingest once a suitable amount has been collected.

Theodoric
23-08-2004, 15:46
Just overheard the funniest conversation I've heard in a while.

Customer: Can i have an adults Happy Meal
McDonalds: Ranch or Ceaser, Fried or Grilled Chicken
Customer: ......................
McDonalds: That will be £xx.xxp
Customer: What if the pedometer doesnt work
McDonalds: Return it and we will give you a new one
Customer: what if you havent got any left
McDonalds: Here sir take two just to be sure
Customer: What happens when the battery is flat
McDonalds: Throw it away
Customer: Thats a waste
McDonalds: person looks as if they couldnt care
Customer: How does the peodmeter work
McDonalds: It counts everytime you make a step
Customer: How
McDonalds: every time you shake it
Customer: why is it an adults happy meal?
McDonalds: We are not allowed to advise children to wear it on their wrists!

:shocked: :D :D :D
I've just come to this thread and I have to admit to a certain amount of puzzlement.

1) From internal evidence I managed to deduce that if you buy an adult's Happy Meal at McDonalds you are given a free pedometer. Why isn't this mentioned explicitly?

2) Why has the customer's second line apparently been censored?

3) Why £xx.xxp rather than, oh, say, £5/12/6?

4) Could it simply be that my little grey cells have finally given up the ghost and that I would be best advised to sit quietly somewhere mumbling to myself?

5) Am I going to have to say, "D'oh!" when all is explained to me?

gary_580
23-08-2004, 15:46
Debris Update:
Unfortunately my shirt was washed with the little plastic bag of bits in the pocket (along with my pay slip and 2 coffee cards),

As this was plainly an attempt to get out of doing the deed i think the contents of the pocket should be consumed!!

Jon M
23-08-2004, 16:08
As this was plainly an attempt to get out of doing the deed i think the contents of the pocket should be consumed!!
I had anticipated such cynical responses, but thought better of opening the collection of bits in the keyboards of other meet attendees as most of them would be behind their toilet/cooker/garage collecting things for me to eat with the pretense that "it's what was in my keyboard".

gary_580
23-08-2004, 16:18
I've just come to this thread and I have to admit to a certain amount of puzzlement.

1) From internal evidence I managed to deduce that if you buy an adult's Happy Meal at McDonalds you are given a free pedometer. Why isn't this mentioned explicitly?

Assumption was that people knew about them considering there has been a fair amount of publicity about them

2) Why has the customer's second line apparently been censored?

What they ordered was not important

3) Why £xx.xxp rather than, oh, say, £5/12/6?

Who cares how much it was, again not important. BTW decimalisation occured in 1971

4) Could it simply be that my little grey cells have finally given up the ghost and that I would be best advised to sit quietly somewhere mumbling to myself?

Might be advisable

5) Am I going to have to say, "D'oh!" when all is explained to me?

important point was that its a pedometer, it works by being shaken, the McDonalds person indicating that the customer should wear it on the wrist probably inferred what they thought about the customer.

Theodoric
23-08-2004, 16:59
Assumption was that people knew about them considering there has been a fair amount of publicity about them

What they ordered was not important

Who cares how much it was, again not important. BTW decimalisation occured in 1971

Might be advisable

important point was that its a pedometer, it works by being shaken, the McDonalds person indicating that the customer should wear it on the wrist probably inferred what they thought about the customer.
Right, now I know. In my defence, m'lud, I will submit that I have never heard of this pedometer deal; in fact I make it a major aim to have as little to do with McDonalds as possible. Glad you spotted the pre-decimal reference.
:)

zoombini
23-08-2004, 17:07
It's been on the TV adverts, get a meal & get a pedometer.

I have no idea why, but my wife wants one, perhaps to see how many times she runs up & down the stairs at work during the day.

It's likely to be crap plastic & will break in 5 mins.

Maggy
23-08-2004, 17:09
It's been on the TV adverts, get a meal & get a pedometer.

I have no idea why, but my wife wants one, perhaps to see how many times she runs up & down the stairs at work during the day.

It's likely to be crap plastic & will break in 5 mins.

Well I have an old Weight Watchers one.It survived a couple of sessions in the washer. :D