PDA

View Full Version : New Modem wont work

ccursons
16-08-2004, 01:35
Hi there, Ive had 1 meg BB since it started, but my modem seems to have a fault and seems to shut itself down. I called NTL and they said they can sell me a new modem. My neighbour had 1 meg BB and cancelled it, NTL never asked for the modem back from him over a year ago. I have connected up his modem on my system but it wont work, when I called NTL they said that the modem has a kind of personal number inside and is tied to a contract and they would not provide any info on how I can get this modem to work on my account at my address, can anyone offer any help, I really dont want to have to buy a new modem when I have a perfectly good one sat here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

greencreeper
16-08-2004, 02:15
Hi there, Ive had 1 meg BB since it started, but my modem seems to have a fault and seems to shut itself down. I called NTL and they said they can sell me a new modem.

Call them again. If the modem is faulty, they should send an engineer out to verify this and replace it - all free of charge. I've just had my modem replaced because it was faulty - no charge.

My neighbour had 1 meg BB and cancelled it, NTL never asked for the modem back from him over a year ago. I have connected up his modem on my system but it wont work, when I called NTL they said that the modem has a kind of personal number inside and is tied to a contract and they would not provide any info on how I can get this modem to work on my account at my address, can anyone offer any help, I really dont want to have to buy a new modem when I have a perfectly good one sat here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

The "personal number" is the MAC address and it could be assigned to your account but I doubt NTL would do it. You won't be able to make the modem work without NTL assigning the modem to your account. It's all irrelevant anyway - NTL should replace your faulty modem.