PDA

View Full Version : music recommendations wanted please

kronas
03-08-2003, 18:16
ok im looking for music :D

in an attempt to further broaden my musical taste yes i have one ;)

anything really i have a varied taste in music i can like anything as long as lyrically and musically its excellent so id like to pick the brains of the users of this forum

and no its not just AVRIL i listen to contrary to popular belief :D

the only thing i dont want is 80s-90s crap ;) classic stuff im talking about the more up to date music eminem def jam delta goodrem etc

albums artists particular songs etc will be much appreciated if you can post good ones that is:)

Stuart
03-08-2003, 18:46
Norah Jones

paulyoung666
03-08-2003, 18:48
nickelback and linkin park are the dogs as far as i am concerned ;)

Richard M
03-08-2003, 19:14
I like Lisa Loeb a lot, a female singer/guitarist who did a famous song called "I miss you" in the mid 90's.
50 Cent is good for his rap work with Eminem and Ed Rush & Optical are the people for quality Drum + Bass.

Shaun
03-08-2003, 19:20
Originally posted by scastle
Norah Jones

Norah an good, at the moment I'm listening to Morcheeba (part of the process - album), excellent is all I can say.

If thats not you cup of tea then try Kosheen - Resist is the name of the album.:cool:

Ramrod
03-08-2003, 19:21
Coldplay?

Lord Nikon
03-08-2003, 19:25
Eminem Vs Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams Without Me

Eminem Sjoost bootleg Drunkenmunky mix - Without E

Dave Stones
03-08-2003, 20:09
get the album "the complex" by Blue Man Group. got some good stuff on there including the awesome T3 song "the current". wow i sound like a commerical...but seriously its a good album.

blue man group are one of those percussion groups who use plumbing pipes etc. but on this album they have oversinging by lots of famous people. i forget who...

;)

kronas
03-08-2003, 20:19
Originally posted by Andre
Ronny Jordan.

who ? :eek:

Originally posted by scastle
Norah Jones

ok ill take a look

Originally posted by paulyoung666
nickelback and linkin park are the dogs as far as i am concerned ;)

both ****e bands IMO nickelback are ok

Originally posted by Roger K
I like Lisa Loeb a lot, a female singer/guitarist who did a famous song called "I miss you" in the mid 90's.
50 Cent is good for his rap work with Eminem and Ed Rush & Optical are the people for quality Drum + Bass.

what did i say in my first post the only thing i dont want is 80s-90s crap ;) classic stuff but thanks for the rest

Originally posted by Ramrod
Coldplay?

nope dont like them

Originally posted by Lord Nikon
Eminem Vs Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams Without Me

Eminem Sjoost bootleg Drunkenmunky mix - Without E

ok will take a look in to it lord :D

Originally posted by Dave Stones
get the album "the complex" by Blue Man Group. got some good stuff on there including the awesome T3 song "the current". wow i sound like a commerical...but seriously its a good album.

blue man group are one of those percussion groups who use plumbing pipes etc. but on this album they have oversinging by lots of famous people. i forget who...

dont like the T3 song but erm thanks all the same :erm:

Dave Stones
03-08-2003, 20:39
Originally posted by kronas
dont like the T3 song but erm thanks all the same :erm:

ok fine but their album is good :D

even has some pantsy woman-singing on some of the tracks so you should like it ;)

kronas
03-08-2003, 20:51
Originally posted by Dave Stones
ok fine but their album is good :D

even has some pantsy woman-singing on some of the tracks so you should like it ;)

i just heard some clips of the first five tracks 2 words 'they suck' and the reviews didnt lie either :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stuart W
03-08-2003, 21:28
David Gray.

Stuart
03-08-2003, 21:29
Originally posted by dellwear
Norah an good, at the moment I'm listening to Morcheeba (part of the process - album), excellent is all I can say.

If thats not you cup of tea then try Kosheen - Resist is the name of the album.:cool:

Only heard a bit of Morcheeba. Excellent Group.

kronas
03-08-2003, 21:33
omg people im talking about recent artists as in new artists/bands

evanescence

finger eleven

seether etc

:spin: :spin: :spin:

lord nikon your tracks not my thing

same with norah jones scastle :rolleyes:

cjll3
03-08-2003, 21:37
Who needs new bands, when you've got

The Rolling Stones ... far too many tracks to mention,
Paul Weller/Style Council/The Jam
Pink Floyd
Crowded House

in your record collection?

kronas
03-08-2003, 21:38
Originally posted by cjll3
Who needs new bands, when you've got

The Rolling Stones ... far too many tracks to mention,
Paul Weller/Style Council/The Jam
Pink Floyd
Crowded House

in your record collection?

can we stay on topic please :rolleyes:

post #1 said...........

the only thing i dont want is 80s-90s crap classic stuff im talking about the more up to date music eminem def jam delta goodrem etc

Lord Nikon
03-08-2003, 21:53
omg people im talking about recent artists as in new artists/bands

evanescence

finger eleven

seether etc

:spin: :spin: :spin:

lord nikon your tracks not my thing

same with norah jones scastle :rolleyes:

I didn't mention evanescence since I figured you, like me had already got it...

Stuart W
03-08-2003, 21:55
Stones = 60's (not 80's 90's crap)
Floyd = 60's (not 80's 90's crap)

Come on Kronas, you asked for good artists, having sold MILLIONS of singles AND albums, I'd say they meet the criteria.

kronas
03-08-2003, 22:01
Originally posted by Stuart W
Stones = 60's (not 80's 90's crap)
Floyd = 60's (not 80's 90's crap)

Come on Kronas, you asked for good artists, having sold MILLIONS of singles AND albums, I'd say they meet the criteria.

i said no classics :rolleyes: i meant in the current 'era'

Stuart W
03-08-2003, 22:10
Fair enough, but you could have just ignored cjll3 rather than having a dig :rolleyes:

kronas
03-08-2003, 22:13
Originally posted by Stuart W
Fair enough, but you could have just ignored cjll3 rather than having a dig :rolleyes:

i didnt have a dig just pointed something out that alot of people seem to have missed in my first post hows that a dig i dunno :shrug:

Stuart W
03-08-2003, 22:28
Whatever.

yesman
03-08-2003, 23:10

anything really i have a varied taste in music i can like anything as long as lyrically and musically its excellent so id like to pick the brains of the users of this forum

the only thing i dont want is 80s-90s crap ;) classic stuff im talking about the more up to date music eminem def jam delta goodrem etc

albums artists particular songs etc will be much appreciated if you can post good ones that is:)

How about Northern Soul (http://www.thesoulgirl.com/) Kronas, it may be a bit beyond your tastes, but worthwhile having a look, (btw, Karen frequented the .com site) good luck !!!!!

kronas
03-08-2003, 23:13
Originally posted by yesman
How about Northern Soul (http://www.thesoulgirl.com/) Kronas, it may be a bit beyond your tastes, but worthwhile having a look, (btw, Karen frequented the .com site) good luck !!!!!

yep i know who that is and the music is not my thing.........

homealone
03-08-2003, 23:14
the criteria may be more vague than you think?

do you mean currently working bands/artists or currently published ones?

Pink Floyd recently released a DVD compilation remastered in 5.1, didn't they?

- and last I heard the Stones are still gigging? - have a go at the "Exile on Mainstreet" double album or "Beggars Banquet"

REM played Glastonbury this year - they are "old" as well, but damn good!

imo music wise you should never ignore the past!:)

Gaz

kronas
03-08-2003, 23:17
Originally posted by homealone
the criteria may be more vague than you think?

do you mean currently working bands/artists or currently published ones?

Pink Floyd recently released a DVD compilation remastered in 5.1, didn't they?

- and last I heard the Stones are still gigging? - have a go at the "Exile on Mainstreet" double album or "Beggars Banquet"

REM played Glastonbury this year - they are "old" as well, but damn good!

Gaz

thats exactly what i dont want really im looking to find the newer talent thats currently on offer the current 'era' as i said before

homealone
03-08-2003, 23:21
thats exactly what i dont want really im looking to find the newer talent thats currently on offer the current 'era' as i said before

you also said you wanted to widen your musical taste?

<edit>

so I have to mention

The Cure

Talking Heads

Ian Dury

Frank Zappa

- and - The Clash.

even if you don't like it - sorry, I'm not having a go, but I am expressing an opinion.

:)

Dupre
03-08-2003, 23:21
Neil Finn, the lead singer of Crowded House... especially the "Try Whistling This" album, and She Will Have Her Way track.. best song EVER!

Jellyfish, kinda hard to find, but there final album was critically acclaimed, sounds like the beatles meets oasis (same thing?) meets queen, just really good.

If you like that you wanna get some Bob Dylan, and Traveling Wilburys stuff... what else... hmmmm...

danielf
03-08-2003, 23:26

Gaz

Good point Gaz. I used to be interested in what was modern at the time (80s crap), but at some point, I found myself getting bored with the new fads, and instead started wondering what had inspired the bands that I liked. As it turned out, there was a lot of good stuff out there.

These days I play a lot of singer/songwriter stuff. Pretty much of all ages...

yesman
03-08-2003, 23:28

Kronas, I think the current era of music is under threat from being totally done away with, as there is no talent out there, well, in numbers anyway.

This is backed up by the report that the beeb is threatening to axe TOTP (http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp/)

Viewing figures are at their lowest ever for the popular show.

Bring back Pans People (http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/pop/panspeople.htm) , then maybe I will watch it lol.

A bit off topic, sorry Kronas, but the pop industry is dying a slow death IMO

homealone
03-08-2003, 23:40
Originally posted by danielf
Good point Gaz. I used to be interested in what was modern at the time (80s crap), but at some point, I found myself getting bored with the new fads, and instead started wondering what had inspired the bands that I liked. As it turned out, there was a lot of good stuff out there.

These days I play a lot of singer/songwriter stuff. Pretty much of all ages...

so we both agree with Stuart W's post re David Gray?:)

I also like stuff like "M" People, Eurythmics & Alison Moyet - & Fine Young Cannibals.

danielf
03-08-2003, 23:45
If you want to broaden your horizon, have a look at 16 horsepower/woven hand. In my book fairly recent (debut album in '96), but not very well known (yet).

It's American Roots music (banjo/bandoneon that sort of stuff), but with an (early eighties) punk twist. I think Dave Eugene Edwards (the singer/leader) is probably one of the most gifted contemporary songwriters.

carlingman
03-08-2003, 23:48
The Coral ???

Maybe worth a listen although may sound too 60s ish for you.

kronas
03-08-2003, 23:52
*bangs head against brick wall

i guess nobody really reads posts anymore :shrug:

danielf
03-08-2003, 23:57
so we both agree with Stuart W's post re David Gray?:)

I don't know. Is he worth a listen?

I'm a Leonard Cohen man. Then there's Will Oldham/Bonnie Prince Billie, Songs: Ohia, and Timesbold. and good old Uncle Bob (Dylan).

Obscure, bar the first and last. I can't help it, I've always been drawn to the dark side. Occasionally, I will even play my old Joy division albums :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

homealone
03-08-2003, 23:59

I guess you do not know how wide is the community, when it comes to music :p

danielf
04-08-2003, 00:00

Maybe you've not been too clear in what you want people to post?

We're all trying our best here you know

What exactly do you want to hear?

(And do you honestly want to broaden your horizon?)

kronas
04-08-2003, 00:01
I guess you do not know how wide is the community, when it comes to music :p

i expected some of the *ahem mature folk to mention the 'older' artists thats why i made the point of mentioning new artists only in my first post :spin:

TigaSefi
04-08-2003, 00:02
Ain't Kronas the most aggravating person in the world ??? Anyways I'd listen to Radiohead. They continuing to update themselves.

homealone
04-08-2003, 00:05
Originally posted by danielf
I don't know. Is he worth a listen?

I'm a Leonard Cohen man. Then there's Will Oldham/Bonnie Prince Billie, Songs: Ohia, and Timesbold. and good old Uncle Bob (Dylan).

Obscure, bar the first and last. I can't help it, I've always been drawn to the dark side. Occasionally, I will even play my old Joy division albums :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

yes

Country is ok - & Bob "Tangled up in Blue" is good.

How about Captain Beefheart "Big Eyed Beans From Venus"

kronas
04-08-2003, 00:05
Originally posted by TigaSefi
Ain't Kronas the most aggravating person in the world ???

thank you for your kind comment :)

also motorhead are ok only because they made a couple of good promo songs the guy who does the singing has a cool voice :p

homealone
04-08-2003, 00:07
Originally posted by TigaSefi
Ain't Kronas the most aggravating person in the world ??? Anyways I'd listen to Radiohead. They continuing to update themselves.

no he ain't - I like him:p

homealone
04-08-2003, 00:10
thank you for your kind comment :)

also motorhead are ok only because they made a couple of good promo songs the guy who does the singing has a cool voice :p

Lemmy is old enough to be your grandad - all the money he has earned has gone on his teeth - allegedly.

kronas
04-08-2003, 00:11
Lemmy is old enough to be your grandad - all the money he has earned has gone on his teeth - allegedly.

lmao i only know of them because of 2 songs which are good looking for another not been published yet hopefully it will soon :)

Lord Nikon
04-08-2003, 00:13
Whats the third song called?

homealone
04-08-2003, 00:16
lmao i only know of them because of 2 songs which are good looking for another not been published yet hopefully it will soon :)

I met Lemmy once - backstage pass stuff (he won't remember), but he is an ok, down to earth guy!

kronas
04-08-2003, 00:17

no point in saying as its a custom track for the wwe yes they actually do have some great tracks even if it is scripted NOT entirely FAKE

kronas
04-08-2003, 03:14

thats funny just found a version of it its looped though sounds good :D

timewarrior2001
04-08-2003, 10:02
Kronas,
The main problem you will come across if you are a genuine music fan is that most of the stuff out these days is either a) Boring depressing crap ala coldplay, travis etc or b) talentless ****e ala Gareth Gates, will young, kym marsh the sugababes, etc etc etc etc ad infinitum.

Personally what I try and do is look to the underground bands. You like Avril, do you like the skate scene too?
If so look there for some music, theres plenty of recent punk covers of classic songs and they are bloody good.

These bands are going to be far too heavy for you, but I love:-
Sick of it all
Anthrax
pennywise
NOFX
SUM 41 (ok they are a tad poppy)
The Wildhearts
Iron maiden (who have a new album out this year)
Evanescence
linkin parks first album (meteora is utter ********)
less than jake
Reel big fish

Dave Stones
04-08-2003, 11:57
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Kronas,
The main problem you will come across if you are a genuine music fan is that most of the stuff out these days is either a) Boring depressing crap ala coldplay, travis etc or b) talentless ****e ala Gareth Gates, will young, kym marsh the sugababes, etc etc etc etc ad infinitum.

Personally what I try and do is look to the underground bands. You like Avril, do you like the skate scene too?
If so look there for some music, theres plenty of recent punk covers of classic songs and they are bloody good.

Sick of it all
Anthrax
pennywise
NOFX
The Wildhearts
Evanescence
less than jake
Reel big fish

i have all of those in my collection, mighty fine bands as well they are. anthrax being my favourite band of all time (who doesnt love the track "i'm the man"? i love listening to less than jake and reel big fish at the moment... they are just summer personified arent they...

you cant go far wrong with what plays on scuzz at the moment either. depends whether you like metal/punk/ska and the like.

i doubt you will like these but have you considered one minute silence? they are british rap-metal often compared to RATM but dont sound anything like them. me likes them but the singer has a unusual voice so it may be a personal thing...

edit >> incidentally if you check out less than jake get their album the pez collection. it has all their best songs on it...

kronas
04-08-2003, 12:46
Kronas,

you damn right they are hence i stay away from them utter drival

no i dont like the 'skate' scence just because i like one artist who is 'unique' and diffarent does not mean i am 'in' to something

Sick of it all
Anthrax
pennywise
NOFX
The Wildhearts
Evanescence
less than jake
Reel big fish

i have evanescence's album dont like iron maiden also linkin park is a no no but will check the rest out thanks :)

cjll3
04-08-2003, 21:08

Their greatest hits album spans two very full CDs ... wonders which of the two songs Kronas is talking about. :confused:

kronas
04-08-2003, 21:13
Originally posted by cjll3
Their greatest hits album spans two very full CDs ... wonders which of the two songs Kronas is talking about. :confused:

ace of spades which is ok and a theme song which i have

Stewh
05-08-2003, 22:09
have a go at the Dandy Warhols and Primal Scream, that'll sort you out. Boards of Canada if you want to really relax.

Motorhead, lol, saw Lemmy when he was still with Hawkwind in 1975, now that was a band.

Bifta
05-08-2003, 22:30

(These are all a bit 90's but ...)

Ministry - Filth Pig
Revolting Cocks - Linger Fickin' Good (yes it's spelt correctly)
Sheep On Drugs - Greatest Hits
Cubanate - Cyberia (probably my most played album)
KMFDM - Opium
Nitzer Ebb - Showtime

(These aren't ...)

Goldfrapp - Black Cherry, if only for 'Train' and 'Strict Machine'
Spineshank - The Height of Callousness
Apoptygma Berzerk - Harmonizer
Funker Vogt - Survivor
VNV Nation - Future Perfect
Front 242 - Pulse

I doubt you'll enjoy any of these ... at least not half as much as I do

Bifta
05-08-2003, 22:36
A curse on you for picking out the most mainstream group for comment! ;)

hoggyspuds
05-08-2003, 22:39
anything by cold chisel/jimmy barnes........aussies and they rock!
This has turned into a "my favourites" thread so just voicing my own opinion!

Mr_love_monkey
06-08-2003, 09:12
Nine Inch Nails anyone?........

aliferste
06-08-2003, 09:47
The best album i have heard in a long time is by "Kings Of Leon"

The new album by the Flaming Lips is also very good :)

chambece
06-08-2003, 10:21
Originally posted by Bifta
(These are all a bit 90's but ...)

Ministry - Filth Pig
Revolting Cocks - Linger Fickin' Good (yes it's spelt correctly)
Sheep On Drugs - Greatest Hits
Cubanate - Cyberia (probably my most played album)
KMFDM - Opium
Nitzer Ebb - Showtime

(I doubt you'll enjoy any of these ... at least not half as much as I do

Although they were deifinitly 90's Revolting Cocks are excellent - and as mentioned Nine Inch Nails, and most of the above - Bifta, have you got the wax trax Box set - I think you might like :) ....

Kronos, I have to say it seems a little hard to please you in certain respects, when something like the 'Skate' scene was mentioned you seemed to suggest you didn't like that sort of music, and you want to keep it current, Not that I have a problem with that, I like a challenge!!

I have very varied music tastes, and strictly take everything on their own merits, I'll be honest - I don't even mind some crappy pop stuff - if s-club juniors do I track I like, I 'll say so - even if I don't like them, which I don't, but this has happened.

For a hint though - what were your last five albums you bought?

And for mine

The Darkness - Permision to Land
The Faint - Danse Macabre (thought this was excellent - check out www.thefaint.com)
Audiobullys - Ego War
Ani DiFranco - Evolve (one of my face artists ever, big in USA, no-one has heard of her here - someone prove me wrong!)
White Stripes - Elephant
Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies
Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning

I think these are all 2003, with the exception of flogging molly which was end of last year

danielf
06-08-2003, 10:48
Try the Raveonettes: Sonic Youth meets The Jesus and Mary Chain (Now that was noise ;)), and lots of attitude...

Bifta
06-08-2003, 13:42
He could also try the Distillers

Bifta
06-08-2003, 13:44
Originally posted by chambece
Although they were deifinitly 90's Revolting Cocks are excellent - and as mentioned Nine Inch Nails, and most of the above - Bifta, have you got the wax trax Box set - I think you might like :) ....

Unfortunately I don't own :( but I'll keep an eye out next time I'm in Sister Rays, Nine Inch Nails did a few great tracks, wasn't dead keen on 'The Fragile' much prefer the f*cked up J G Thirlwell remixes of Happiness in Slavery.

chambece
06-08-2003, 14:43
Unfortunately I don't own :( but I'll keep an eye out next time I'm in Sister Rays, Nine Inch Nails did a few great tracks, wasn't dead keen on 'The Fragile' much prefer the f*cked up J G Thirlwell remixes of Happiness in Slavery.

Have you any Foetus stuff? one got one but that's not bad.... (it's J G Thirlwell again if you didn't know)

And I take it you now about 'Pigface'?

I was always a fan of Pretty Hate Machine, and I still think Hurt is still one of my fave tracks ever. I actually bought Johnny Cash's latest CD because it had a cover of that which I heard Mark and Lard play. It's actually really good though!

And I'm most impressed with the Distillers too.

You could also try The Transplants, (or Rancid for that matter)

And I still think I'm the only one on here who's heard of Ani DiFranco!

Come on, Kronos, tell us a bit more about what you're looking for...

Bifta
06-08-2003, 15:04
I've got some pigface stuff on some wax trax compilation CD's, 10 ground and down or something was the only track that sprung to mind. Have you heard of Murder Inc? Chris Connelly at his finest.

danielf
06-08-2003, 15:11
Have you any Foetus stuff? one got one but that's not bad.... (it's J G Thirlwell again if you didn't know)

I've got some 5 Foetus albums, plus Wiseblood (Foetus + Roli Mosimann of Swans fame), plus a load of 12". Actually, all my Foetus stuff is on Vinyl. Haven't listened to it in ages though...

chambece
06-08-2003, 15:13
I've got some pigface stuff on some wax trax compilation CD's, 10 ground and down or something was the only track that sprung to mind. Have you heard of Murder Inc? Chris Connelly at his finest.

Just got the one track -

Murder Inc. - Murder Inc. [Busted Corpsucle Mix]
Album:
Hot Wired Monster Trux / Various Artists

Pigface is basically a collective of all of them lot!! check out
http://ubl.artistdirect.com/music/artist/bio/0,,479538,00.html?artist=Pigface

Sorry about the hijack!!

Bifta
06-08-2003, 16:22
Hot Wired Monstertrux is an almost legendary industrial/ebm compilation, practically everyone I know (including myself) has a copy of it, every single track is an absolute classic.

Murder Inc I think had two drummers who were ex Killing Joke, your man from Ministry on guitar (and I don't remember the others apart from Chris Connelly)

kronas
06-08-2003, 21:05
Originally posted by morris
hundredreasons. insane clown posse. senser. frank zappa. pink floyd. jefferson airplane. blind melon. morgan. morcheeba. audio-slave. rage against the machine. ian brown. stone roses. guns and roses.

having heard most of the above i would say thanks but no thanks maybe im just unique with who i listen to :eek: :spin: :disturbd:

or maybe i asked in the wrong forum plenty of mature peeps :p

Bifta
06-08-2003, 21:12
hundredreasons. insane clown posse. senser. frank zappa. pink floyd. jefferson airplane. blind melon. morgan. morcheeba. audio-slave. rage against the machine. ian brown. stone roses. guns and roses.

Ooh Senser, now there's a blast from the past, Audioslave is a bit of a weird combo, Chris Cornell and Morello are great at their own thing but together I'm not so sure

homealone
06-08-2003, 21:42

you forgot Talking Heads, King Crimson & Captain Beefheart.

kronas
07-08-2003, 00:59
come on kronas, i've given you 60's, 80's, 90's and 00's. you wanted different styles of music and i've given you metal, rock, acid jazz, jazz and easy listerning. your not trying hard for someone who wants to boarden his horizon.

erm if you read my first post i said the current 'era' not the oldies :rolleyes:

kronas
07-08-2003, 01:02
and i've given you that and more.

yep there are some that i will check but the majorty i already know about/dont like

Visibleman
07-08-2003, 10:59
What about dance/trance music???
4 Strings, Barthezz, Basement Jaxx, Binary Finary, Cosmic Gate, CosmicMan, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, DJ Encore, DJ Tiesto, Driftwood, Dumonde and all time classic Olive - Your not alone. Most of these artists are alright if your into clubbing or just dance music.
If not, what about artists like:
Elbow, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte, Gold Finger, Evanescence, Mest, Moby, Moloko, Oasis, Radiohead, Chilli Peppers, RÃÃâ€*’¶yksopp, Shaggy, Smash mouth, Staind, Sum41, The Beatles, The Streets, Camron, G Dep, 50 Cent, 50 Pence :D, Blink 182.

Hope this helps :)
Dom

timewarrior2001
07-08-2003, 11:31
Dont bother with Metallica now, they will split before long, the latest album wasnt fit for wiping yer ass with.
Senser are good, a little "old" now, but as long as you stick with the lineup with the bloke singing you cant go wrong. Tehy were very good live too.

kronas
07-08-2003, 12:08
Originally posted by Visibleman
What about dance/trance music???
4 Strings, Barthezz, Basement Jaxx, Binary Finary, Cosmic Gate, CosmicMan, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, DJ Encore, DJ Tiesto, Driftwood, Dumonde and all time classic Olive - Your not alone. Most of these artists are alright if your into clubbing or just dance music.
If not, what about artists like:
Elbow, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte, Gold Finger, Evanescence, Mest, Moby, Moloko, Oasis, Radiohead, Chilli Peppers, RÃÃâ€*’¶yksopp, Shaggy, Smash mouth, Staind, Sum41, The Beatles, The Streets, Camron, G Dep, 50 Cent, 50 Pence :D, Blink 182.

Hope this helps :)
Dom

dont like trance/dance ive got evanescence

dont like a few of the others especially good charlotte what a bunch of idiots staind are crap too

i have 50 pence well had :D :D :D :D

thanks for the others though

chambece
07-08-2003, 16:30
having heard most of the above i would say thanks but no thanks maybe im just unique with who i listen to :eek: :spin: :disturbd:

or maybe i asked in the wrong forum plenty of mature peeps :p

Hehe, don't know how to take that - I'm not sure how old you are, but my guess is that I'm older than you from that (and therefore know better ;) :D )

If you want to give some indication of your age that might help, although I'll be the first to admit it shouldn't. Just so you know, I'm no longer in my twenties, but only just.... Still feel 19 though!! out to gigs / clubing whenever my arthritis and the warden in my housing complex allow me...

I was just wondering if from the 'oldies' you were wanting, dare I say it, more 'charty' music....

And you have been very quick to say the stuff you don't like, but not the stuff you do - I mean you said you had evanesance and 50p ;) but the rest you seem to say you've not heard of or don't like... The other thing is some of the oldie artists are still doing 'new' stuff, and don't want to preach but I don't think you should rule them out just 'cos they're "'80s or '90s crap"...

A couple of examples would be Gary Numan and Killing Joke who are back - and depending on your tastes you should check them and their back catalogs out - Killing Joke's Pandamonium is a great album, and I don't think you'll find it sounds dated now. Another one is David Bowie's earthing

Oh and add Athlete to one of my fave albums, and I thing The Streets have already been mentioned

Edit - Just reread my post and realise some might take offence - want to point out that I have nothing against old people (I am one, or will be soon!) and don't / didn't mean to take the rip regarding arthritis - sorry :angel:

chambece
07-08-2003, 16:36
Ooh Senser, now there's a blast from the past, Audioslave is a bit of a weird combo, Chris Cornell and Morello are great at their own thing but together I'm not so sure

Yeah, have to agree with that one the first single (Cochies or something?) I didn't like - just reminded of Led Zep, but the second one I quite liked...

And I too really like Senser, although still liked them after the bloke left - quite like the group he went on to form saw them once , although can't remember their name...

kronas
07-08-2003, 16:40
Hehe, don't know how to take that - I'm not sure how old you are, but my guess is that I'm older than you from that (and therefore know better ;) :D )

its not about age its about being mature and having good taste ;)

I was just wondering if from the 'oldies' you were wanting, dare I say it, more 'charty' music....

not really i like music to be unique a fresh approach new sounds and lyrics not utter drivel :rolleyes:

And you have been very quick to say the stuff you don't like, but not the stuff you do - I mean you said you had evanesance and 50p ;)

correction sir i HAVE evanescence i listen to it on a regular basis 50p was just funny played a few times for comedic value :D

but the rest you seem to say you've not heard of or don't like... The other thing is some of the oldie artists are still doing 'new' stuff, and don't want to preach but I don't think you should rule them out just 'cos they're "'80s or '90s crap"...

yes i know but i go for a more modern style of music basically anything that i hear i may like it

A couple of examples would be Gary Numan and Killing Joke who are back - and depending on your tastes you should check them and their back catalogs out - Killing Joke's Pandamonium is a great album, and I don't think you'll find it sounds dated now. Another one is David Bowie's earthing

gary numan and david bowie lmao no thank you

Oh and add Athlete to one of my fave albums, and I thing The Streets have already been mentioned

so far i have not heard anything new that i have liked :shrug:

Bifta
07-08-2003, 16:43
[i]A couple of examples would be Gary Numan and Killing Joke who are back - and depending on your tastes you should check them and their back catalogs out - Killing Joke's Pandamonium is a great album, and I don't think you'll find it sounds dated now. Another one is David Bowie's earthing[/B]

Pandemonium (Millenium being the best track on the album) dates waaay back to 1994.

Bifta
07-08-2003, 16:49
I've come to the conclusion by reading this thread that there are quite a few people on here with excellent taste in music .. kronus however is not one of those people, Latrine was made for people like him and as such I'd suggest finding him some more middle of the road top 40 boll0cks to listen to .. at least you know he's already into that :)

kronas
07-08-2003, 16:59
I've come to the conclusion by reading this thread that there are quite a few people on here with excellent taste in music .. kronus however is not one of those people, Latrine was made for people like him and as such I'd suggest finding him some more middle of the road top 40 boll0cks to listen to .. at least you know he's already into that :)

its kronas and erm the only top 40 singles i have are evanescence and avril both bands/artists with there own unique styles

each to there own though i consider your taste crap but everyone has there own tastes

Bifta
07-08-2003, 17:31
its kronas and erm the only top 40 singles i have are evanescence and avril both bands/artists with there own unique styles

each to there own though i consider your taste crap but everyone has there own tastes

Please feel free to tell me which albums I quoted originally you've bothered to actually listen to, and yes, you're right, everyone has their own taste .. but your's is complete ****e :p

chambece
07-08-2003, 17:52
This is in no way meant as a flame, and sorry for the long post

[B]its not about age its about being mature and having good taste ;)

Again, don't mean to question, (well I do, but that's beside the point) but what do you mean by this, and yes I saw the smiley

Are you saying that our suggestions are to immature for you, and we don't have good taste, too mature and bad taste or what? :shrug:

I'm now genuinley intrested in how old you are...

yes i know but i go for a more modern style of music basically anything that i hear i may like it

OK, so this is getting a little awkward now - we still have very little idea what you actually want - you've said you don't want 80's or 90's, you don't like dance/trance or 'skate stuff'

In fact, the only things you've mentioned in a positive light are
evanescence
finger eleven
seether
eminem
def jam
delta goodrem
motorhead

Now I admit I've not actually heard of two of them until I checked out seether and finger eleven, and I assume by Def Jam you mean the label, so no point in mentioning their roster,

But Seether sound positivly 90's pretty grungy (a web site says Post-Grunge - which just stinks, hey it's also post 16th Century Chamber Music) but you've limited yourself to no 90's crap, so you'll probably fire us down for suggesting Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, hey Nirvana etc... Unless you've not heard of them of course . They sound OK though (seether that is)

Finger Eleven are pretty similar sort of affair - I really liked Good Times, but many of them are pretty similar to things already suggested and you've sort of said you've not liked them

Some of you might have missed the

gary numan and david bowie lmao no thank you

And from a previous mail

i said no classics i meant in the current 'era'

Now, in some ways I took offence to this - Have you heard Gary Numan's new stuff, or Bowie's Earthling? If you haven't then there's no way we can help you. I mean give it a go, if you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't mean it's crap, or that you've got better or worse 'taste' than anyone else

And the other thing is they are current era - by that I don't just mean they are still releasing records, but they are releasing music that sounds 'current' Which in some ways is more than I can mention for some bands -The Darkness and The Coral Step forward - but I still like them because They are good records(imo) even though they don't sound current

so far i have not heard anything new that i have liked :shrug:

Then, as someone else said, you're not looking very hard, or not listening, or don't want to at least....

I mean have you checked out UBL/ ArtistsDirect anything like that? I take it you have internet access, so get yourself over to http://www.artistdirect.com and check some out - From Seether to all the below and more in two easy clicks

1. Soundgarden
2. Faith No More
3. Korn
4. Biohazard
5. Corrosion of Conformity
6. Alice in Chains
7. Limp Bizkit
8. Anthrax
9. Deftones
10. Monster Magnet
11. Jane's Addiction
12. Failure
13. Tool
14. Rage Against the Machine
15. Marilyn Manson
16. Downset
17. Infectious Grooves
18. Primus
19. Sevendust
20. Stone Temple Pilots
21. Incubus
22. Neurosis
23. Danzig
24. L7
25. The P.O.D. (Prince of Darkness)
26. Coal Chamber
27. System of a Down
28. Queens of the Stone Age
29. Prong
30. Mr. Bungle

But Hey, wait a minute most of them are '90s crap so forget it.....

And you still haven't told us your last five albums you bought, or is that :-
evanescence
finger eleven
seether
eminem
def jam
delta goodrem
motorhead

Look sorry about this, just reading it it does come accross like a 'bit' of a flame, but I really mean no offence, and I would like to help, its just we don't know where to go.....

Oh and Bifta, Want to exchange CD Lists? :)

chambece
07-08-2003, 18:08

Erm, Kronas, I wouldn't call either of their styles unique, and before you think I'm bashing them, I like both of them, and although when I saw Avril she was as boring as hell and the crowd really spoilt it, I still like her, and I don't care if she is 'manufactured', 'can't really play', 'didn't write her own songs' or 'is really a 44 year old truck driver from arkansaw with a wooden leg', that's not really what I look for in a band, so it's a pretty moot point. Hell I've seen a 44 year old truck driver from arkansaw with a wooden leg play some mean tunes

Edit: OK they are perhaps unique for top 40 artists releasing singles in certain months in 2002 and 2003, but hey, there's more to music than the charts

chambece
07-08-2003, 18:23

So you've listened to everything Bifta has mentioned?

I have to admit I am gonna side with him a little - he's suggested some damn good tracks, and at the moment, From the few you've mentioned I'd say they're not bad either (again, CDs I own) but appart from one little outburst from bifta saying you've got s**** taste, which I think was perhaps a little unfair, we've not ****ged you off, and I really don't believe you've heard everything we've mentioned, and in your honest opinion you think it's crap

You're as bad as a number of other people I know - one did the classic with Linkin Park
First Single - 'I like That...'
I lend him the Album
'I Like the single, the rest's crap'

Second Single 'I like That...'
Me - 'It's on the album' - Him - 'Is it?'
I lend him the Album again
'I Like the singles, the rest's crap'

I think that happened four times

EDIT : I've been censored, I've been Censored :D :shocked: :angel: - it was "we've not dissed you unfairly"

kronas
07-08-2003, 19:47

Again, don't mean to question, (well I do, but that's beside the point) but what do you mean by this, and yes I saw the smiley

Are you saying that our suggestions are to immature for you, and we don't have good taste, too mature and bad taste or what? :shrug:

I'm now genuinley intrested in how old you are...

it was a joke being light hearted there sorry wont bother next time :rolleyes:

OK, so this is getting a little awkward now - we still have very little idea what you actually want - you've said you don't want 80's or 90's, you don't like dance/trance or 'skate stuff'

In fact, the only things you've mentioned in a positive light are
evanescence
finger eleven
seether
eminem
def jam
delta goodrem
motorhead

Now I admit I've not actually heard of two of them until I checked out seether and finger eleven, and I assume by Def Jam you mean the label, so no point in mentioning their roster,

But Seether sound positivly 90's pretty grungy (a web site says Post-Grunge - which just stinks, hey it's also post 16th Century Chamber Music) but you've limited yourself to no 90's crap, so you'll probably fire us down for suggesting Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, hey Nirvana etc... Unless you've not heard of them of course . They sound OK though (seether that is)

Finger Eleven are pretty similar sort of affair - I really liked Good Times, but many of them are pretty similar to things already suggested and you've sort of said you've not liked them

finger eleven i only like 1 song of theres i found the album didnt like it as for dej jam a couple of artists have some good music

Now, in some ways I took offence to this - Have you heard Gary Numan's new stuff, or Bowie's Earthling? If you haven't then there's no way we can help you. I mean give it a go, if you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't mean it's crap, or that you've got better or worse 'taste' than anyone else

i have not heard there new stuff but i have heard some of david bowie old stuff not my thing really

And the other thing is they are current era - by that I don't just mean they are still releasing records, but they are releasing music that sounds 'current' Which in some ways is more than I can mention for some bands -The Darkness and The Coral Step forward - but I still like them because They are good records(imo) even though they don't sound current

Then, as someone else said, you're not looking very hard, or not listening, or don't want to at least....

I mean have you checked out UBL/ ArtistsDirect anything like that? I take it you have internet access, so get yourself over to http://www.artistdirect.com and check some out - From Seether to all the below and more in two easy clicks

1. Soundgarden
2. Faith No More
3. Korn
4. Biohazard
6. Alice in Chains
7. Limp Bizkit
8. Anthrax
9. Deftones
10. Monster Magnet
11. Jane's Addiction
12. Failure
13. Tool
15. Marilyn Manson
16. Downset
17. Infectious Grooves
18. Primus
19. Sevendust
20. Stone Temple Pilots
21. Incubus
22. Neurosis
23. Danzig
24. L7
26. Coal Chamber
27. System of a Down
29. Prong
30. Mr. Bungle

But Hey, wait a minute most of them are '90s crap so forget it.....

thanks for the link i WILL take a look

And you still haven't told us your last five albums you bought, or is that :-
evanescence
finger eleven
seether
eminem
def jam
delta goodrem
motorhead

Look sorry about this, just reading it it does come accross like a 'bit' of a flame, but I really mean no offence, and I would like to help, its just we don't know where to go.....

bought evanescence and delta goodrems albums rest were custom tracks or non published songs

except for seether and eminem which were from OST's

kronas
07-08-2003, 19:52
Erm, Kronas, I wouldn't call either of their styles unique, and before you think I'm bashing them, I like both of them, and although when I saw Avril she was as boring as hell and the crowd really spoilt it, I still like her, and I don't care if she is 'manufactured', 'can't really play', 'didn't write her own songs' or 'is really a 44 year old truck driver from arkansaw with a wooden leg', that's not really what I look for in a band, so it's a pretty moot point. Hell I've seen a 44 year old truck driver from arkansaw with a wooden leg play some mean tunes

thats your view on her but i follow her and sort of know whats going on behind the scenes etc

Edit: OK they are perhaps unique for top 40 artists releasing singles in certain months in 2002 and 2003, but hey, there's more to music than the charts

exactly why this thread was setup by me i wanted to see what else is out there but did not know where to start so ask on a forum with a mix of users

****ged you off, and I really don't believe you've heard everything we've mentioned, and in your honest opinion you think it's crap

hold on a sec you have not understood my posts if i did not like something i said its not to my likeling or cup of tea so to speak i never said something was ****e unless i was having a joke

chambece
07-08-2003, 23:48
[B]thats your view on her but i follow her and sort of know whats going on behind the scenes etc

Can you expand - like I said - I do like her, and although her gig wasn't brilliant I'm putting that down to the fact she had quite a bad cold, and probably many artists would have simply cancelled. I do have a lot of respect for her and hope she does very well, but also hope she doesn't fall prey to record company greed or thier mentality. PM me if you want - I've never had one of them :)

exactly why this thread was setup by me i wanted to see what else is out there but did not know where to start so ask on a forum with a mix of users

Seriously that site is great for stuff like that, 'cos usually there's links to the bands sites, with tracks, videos etc....
And although that last post did sould a bit like a flame, it wasn't meant that way, honestly.....

And again, for instance, I don't like a lot of Bowie's stuff, but Earthling sort of like isn't a 'bowie' sort of album - it's more drum and bass, and it might lead you to new things, if you like that sort of stuff. Back catalogs are great for that - you find a bit about a band's history, it leads you to loads of new stuff.

Also use UBL for checking out producers - quite often a band uses a producer because they like their work on another artists CD, and they think 'we want to sound like that' - you find who produces albums you like, again, you might find new stuff, and learn a bit more in the process....

Putting what I preach into practice from Evanesance, The Producer was DAVE FORTMAN, who as it appears was in Ugly Kid Joe, and I'm sure you'll reconise 12 Stones on there, as you'll probably know the sing from there did vocals on 'bring me to life'

12 Stones - 12 Stones
Boy Sets Fire - Live for Today - Producer
Boy Sets Fire - Tomorrow Come Today (Bonus DVD) - Producer
Cadillac Tramps Live! - Engineer, Mixing
Evanescence - Fallen - Producer, Mixing
Evanescence - Bring Me to Life (Australia CD) Producer
Eyehategod - Confederacy of Ruined Lives Producer, Engineer, Mixing
Mystick Krewe of Clearlight - The Mystick Krewe of Clearlight - Producer, Engineer
Soilent Green - A Deleted Symphony for the Beaten Down -Producer, Engineer, Mixing
Soilent Green -Devil Wears a Lamb's Skin - Producer, Engineer, Mixing
Spulecs - Sad Songs Better Days - Producer, Slide Guitar
Stereo Fuse - Stereo Fuse - Producer, Mixing
Superjoint Ritual - Use Once and Destroy Producer, Mixing
Superjoint Ritual - Use Once and Destroy (Clean) - Producer, Mixing
Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted - Vocals, Vocals (Background), Guitar
Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted (Clean) - Vocals, Vocals (Background), Guitar
Ugly Kid Joe - Menace to Sobriety ?
Ugly Kid Joe - Motel California ?, Musician
Various Artists - Nativity in Black: Tribute to Black Sabbath Guitar
Various Artists - Metal Maniacs Presents...Deranged Producer, Mixing
Various Artists - Daredevil - Producer
Various Artists The Scorpion King (Soundtrack) - Producer

I alway consider UBL ( what it used to be called - Ultimate Bands List) sort of like an IMDB for music, and there's always a related artists bit to give you some other ideas

hold on a sec you have not understood my posts if i did not like something i said its not to my likeling or cup of tea so to speak i never said something was ****e unless i was having a joke

Sorry I understand where you're comming from, it's just that I'd never say anything is crap - it's a flaw of mine - I can usually find something to like about most tracks, even if it the fact it's well produced, well marketed etc. Hey, I bought the Girls Alound CD - There's some good tracks on there, due to good writers, and good production, that doesn't mean I like "Girls Aloud" or even think they are 'talented', OK, they can sing, perhaps even live, but that doesn't always matter - I mean I'm the first to admit that Tim Armstrong (Rancid / Transplants) and Mark E Smith (The Fall) and many more can't sing, but that doesn't mean they don't make (what I consider) good records. Hell, I'd probably say that many of the singers in band I like probably think that *They* can't sing.

And besides I like 'Lush' so that's my excuse for 'liking' Girls Alound

I might of missed some of the 'jokes' and I apologise for that.

Oh and I hope this helps.....

kronas
08-08-2003, 00:02
Can you expand - like I said - I do like her, and although her gig wasn't brilliant I'm putting that down to the fact she had quite a bad cold, and probably many artists would have simply cancelled. I do have a lot of respect for her and hope she does very well, but also hope she doesn't fall prey to record company greed or thier mentality. PM me if you want - I've never had one of them :)

Seriously that site is great for stuff like that, 'cos usually there's links to the bands sites, with tracks, videos etc....
And although that last post did sould a bit like a flame, it wasn't meant that way, honestly.....

And again, for instance, I don't like a lot of Bowie's stuff, but Earthling sort of like isn't a 'bowie' sort of album - it's more drum and bass, and it might lead you to new things, if you like that sort of stuff. Back catalogs are great for that - you find a bit about a band's history, it leads you to loads of new stuff.

Also use UBL for checking out producers - quite often a band uses a producer because they like their work on another artists CD, and they think 'we want to sound like that' - you find who produces albums you like, again, you might find new stuff, and learn a bit more in the process....

Putting what I preach into practice from Evanesance, The Producer was DAVE FORTMAN, who as it appears was in Ugly Kid Joe, and I'm sure you'll reconise 12 Stones on there, as you'll probably know the sing from there did vocals on 'bring me to life'

12 Stones - 12 Stones
Boy Sets Fire - Live for Today - Producer
Boy Sets Fire - Tomorrow Come Today (Bonus DVD) - Producer
Cadillac Tramps Live! - Engineer, Mixing
Evanescence - Fallen - Producer, Mixing
Evanescence - Bring Me to Life (Australia CD) Producer
Eyehategod - Confederacy of Ruined Lives Producer, Engineer, Mixing
Mystick Krewe of Clearlight - The Mystick Krewe of Clearlight - Producer, Engineer
Soilent Green - A Deleted Symphony for the Beaten Down -Producer, Engineer, Mixing
Soilent Green -Devil Wears a Lamb's Skin - Producer, Engineer, Mixing
Spulecs - Sad Songs Better Days - Producer, Slide Guitar
Stereo Fuse - Stereo Fuse - Producer, Mixing
Superjoint Ritual - Use Once and Destroy Producer, Mixing
Superjoint Ritual - Use Once and Destroy (Clean) - Producer, Mixing
Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted - Vocals, Vocals (Background), Guitar
Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted (Clean) - Vocals, Vocals (Background), Guitar
Ugly Kid Joe - Menace to Sobriety ?
Ugly Kid Joe - Motel California ?, Musician
Various Artists - Nativity in Black: Tribute to Black Sabbath Guitar
Various Artists - Metal Maniacs Presents...Deranged Producer, Mixing
Various Artists - Daredevil - Producer
Various Artists The Scorpion King (Soundtrack) - Producer

I alway consider UBL ( what it used to be called - Ultimate Bands List) sort of like an IMDB for music, and there's always a related artists bit to give you some other ideas

Sorry I understand where you're comming from, it's just that I'd never say anything is crap - it's a flaw of mine - I can usually find something to like about most tracks, even if it the fact it's well produced, well marketed etc. Hey, I bought the Girls Alound CD - There's some good tracks on there, due to good writers, and good production, that doesn't mean I like "Girls Aloud" or even think they are 'talented', OK, they can sing, perhaps even live, but that doesn't always matter - I mean I'm the first to admit that Tim Armstrong (Rancid / Transplants) and Mark E Smith (The Fall) and many more can't sing, but that doesn't mean they don't make (what I consider) good records. Hell, I'd probably say that many of the singers in band I like probably think that *They* can't sing.

And besides I like 'Lush' so that's my excuse for 'liking' Girls Alound

I might of missed some of the 'jokes' and I apologise for that.

Oh and I hope this helps.....

thanks alot much appreciated :D

pm on the way :)

chambece
08-08-2003, 00:12
Kronas

No Problem - as I said, I'd like to help, it's just that it was seeming a little difficult to know how to please you....

The other thing is, is that it's hard to know where to even start, given what you said you didn't like, and its perhaps hard to not sound patronising, and suggesting things you already know, I mean, with those other bands sounding a bit grungey, I feel it would be a bit patronising to suggest things like Nirvana, Pearl Jam. Stone Temple Pilots etc, but in all honesty, you might be a mature 12 year old who might not even have been born when some of those were around, or you might be 30 and listening to them at Uni. Either way, you get my point.....

Just out of interest, do you buy, copy or download your music?

kronas
08-08-2003, 00:21
Kronas

No Problem - as I said, I'd like to help, it's just that it was seeming a little difficult to know how to please you....

its easy to please me im just wanting to have a diverse range of music in my collection

The other thing is, is that it's hard to know where to even start, given what you said you didn't like, and its perhaps hard to not sound patronising, and suggesting things you already know, I mean, with those other bands sounding a bit grungey, I feel it would be a bit patronising to suggest things like Nirvana, Pearl Jam. Stone Temple Pilots etc, but in all honesty, you might be a mature 12 year old who might not even have been born when some of those were around, or you might be 30 and listening to them at Uni. Either way, you get my point.....

i do youve actually been helpful and hurtful LOL (was joking about the last bit)

Just out of interest, do you buy, copy or download your music?

i buy if its really good like avril and delta i d/l to sample if its something good i buy but thats rare these days too much BS out there :rolleyes:

homealone
08-08-2003, 01:13
I've only got one thing to say & that's "Little Fluffy Clouds" & the rest of "The Orb" - sorry kronie?

from malone:D

kronas
08-08-2003, 01:14
I've only got one thing to say & that's "Little Fluffy Clouds" & the rest of "The Orb" - sorry kronie?

from malone:D

lmao fluffy little clouds you been on the ale again :p :wavey: :nono: :rofl:

homealone
08-08-2003, 01:21

toldja wine not ale - but you are right! :D

homealone
08-08-2003, 01:31

I will be your percussionist for tonight - bongoes a speciality, tamborine - rain pipe, eggs?

hah hah hah?

pepetua dawn?

kronas
08-08-2003, 01:33
I will be your percussionist for tonight - bongoes a speciality, tamborine - rain pipe, eggs?

hah hah hah?

pepetua dawn?

ok lol somebody ban him for the night before he gets out of hand

j/k :wavey:

btw i suggest you get your drunken self to the .com haunted thread and see my last post :eek:

homealone
08-08-2003, 01:38
sounds great round here ?

homealone
08-08-2003, 01:39
ok lol somebody ban him for the night before he gets out of hand

j/k :wavey:

btw i suggest you get your drunken self to the .com haunted thread and see my last post :eek:

got a link?

kronas
08-08-2003, 01:46
got a link?

http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=496902#post496902

asterisks in my last post is what i meant for you to see :eek:

EDIT im out of here night homealone also you lurkers ;) :wavey:

Bifta
08-08-2003, 10:30

1. Soundgarden
2. Faith No More
3. Korn
4. Biohazard
6. Alice in Chains
7. Limp Bizkit
8. Anthrax
9. Deftones
10. Monster Magnet
11. Jane's Addiction
12. Failure
13. Tool
15. Marilyn Manson
16. Downset
17. Infectious Grooves
18. Primus
19. Sevendust
20. Stone Temple Pilots
21. Incubus
22. Neurosis
23. Danzig
24. L7
26. Coal Chamber
27. System of a Down
29. Prong
30. Mr. Bungle

See .. now THAT'S a top 30!

timewarrior2001
08-08-2003, 10:38
1. Soundgarden
2. Faith No More
3. Korn
4. Biohazard
6. Alice in Chains
7. Limp Bizkit
8. Anthrax
9. Deftones
10. Monster Magnet
11. Jane's Addiction
12. Failure
13. Tool
15. Marilyn Manson
16. Downset
17. Infectious Grooves
18. Primus
19. Sevendust
20. Stone Temple Pilots
21. Incubus
22. Neurosis
23. Danzig
24. L7
26. Coal Chamber
27. System of a Down
29. Prong
30. Mr. Bungle

Hmmm some really great bands in there, I loved L7 especially after their appearance on "the word"
But I'd have to add:-
Sepultura
Iron maiden
Suicidal tendencies
Slayer
early megadeth (killing is my business etc)
DRI
Gangreen
Therapy?

Bifta
08-08-2003, 11:04
hrm, apart from Therapy? and 1 track by Sepultura I cannnot concur :p

chambece
08-08-2003, 11:48
hrm, apart from Therapy? and 1 track by Sepultura I cannnot concur :p

I'm another one for Therapy? (perhaps in more ways than one? ;) ) L7 I like too, and in addition to the word apperance you musn't forget the reading or glastonbury apperance....

The other thing was that these weren't my suggestions - although I think own albums by most of them and track by all, including Neurosis even though I'm not a fan, and don' t recomend them either.... Same as Mortician although they do have some class titles, tracklisting for example

Mortician - HACKED UP FOR BARBECUE
1 Bloodcraving (5:13)
2 Embalmed Alive (:50)
3 Cremated (1:34)
4 Three on a Meathook (3:06)
5 Brutally Mutilated (:39)
6 Deranged Insanity (2:28)
7 Cannibal Feast (1:40)
8 Blown to Pieces (:58)
9 Fog of Death (3:13)
10 Brutal Disfigurement (1:26)
11 Apocalyptic Devastation (3:13)
12 Inquisition (1:21)
13 Hacked up for Barbecue (4:18)
14 Abolition (:51)
15 Necrocannibal (3:59)
16 Ripped in Half (:25)
17 Morbid Butchery (2:01)
18 Decapitated (1:02)
19 Drilling for Brains (:49)
20 Eaten Alive by Maggots (1:53)
21 Witches' Coven (3:19)
22 Worms (:53)
23 Annihilation (1:03)
24 Mortician (3:21)

And I don't think any of these will be censored - wierd eh?

In fact don't go for anything on Relapse Records, although Exit 13 did do some odd Jazzy track, that I could never figure why relapse put it out.... Although I have just realised they put out Godflesh's stuff and I liked some of their stuff

Oh and another good site for finding new stuff is http://www.allmusic.com

In fact I now think it's better than UBL in some ways

chambece
08-08-2003, 11:52
AMG give these 'similar artists' to Avril Lavigne for instance

Similar Artists: FeFe Dobson, Lillix, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tracy Bonham, Alanis Morissette, Michelle Branch

And Tracy Bonham is another great album... and I've never heard of Lillix - this is the problem with doing this - I'm gonna want to buy loads more CDs...:)

Edit: Actually I've never heard of FeFe Dobson either but this sounds like it might be to your taste
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/wrap/linker.jsp?floc=mu-art-dn-s2l0&ref=http://demand1.stream.aol.com/ramgen/aol/us/aolmusic/artists/universal/fefedobson/fefedobson_takemeaway.rm

Mr_love_monkey
08-08-2003, 13:05
Anyone out there remember (or like, or that matter) Gwar? (http://www.gwar.net)

chambece
08-08-2003, 13:16
Originally posted by Mr_love_monkey
Anyone out there remember (or like, or that matter) Gwar? (http://www.gwar.net)

Not heard much of their stuff actually, but I am aware of their reputation... And Isaw themfor a short while in Empire Records (the film)

timewarrior2001
08-08-2003, 14:46
OMG nooooooooooooo not them scumdogs GWAR:devsmoke:

Dave Stones
08-08-2003, 17:11
OMG nooooooooooooo not them scumdogs GWAR:devsmoke:

nitro burning funny bong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TheTyke1967UK
15-08-2003, 07:24
Try Creed's album Weathered , good album no fillers, specially who's got my back or try Staind. Not to bad either.

Tyke
:spin: