PDA

View Full Version : Cannot register new PC

iadom
12-08-2004, 21:31
I am trying to register a new PC via my STB.
I can get to the registration page at http://autoreg.autoregister.net/ but I keep getting incorrect password. I have entered the original PID, not my new username and tried both the original long password from my welcome letter and my altered password but both are rejected.
I have checked the server status page and there is no mention of problems with registration.

scrotnig
12-08-2004, 21:34
The password you need is the account password, which is not the same as your email password.

If you can PM me your account details and can wait til tomorrow morning, I can get these details for you.

iadom
12-08-2004, 21:37
Mark, is the account password not the original 11 digit password that came with my welcome letter?

scrotnig
12-08-2004, 21:39
Mark, is the account password not the original 11 digit password that came with my welcome letter?
Not always, no.

The account password is the same one that sits on our billing screens and is used for data protection and verification purposes.

This password cannot be amended by the customer via the web, it could only be changed by calling up and asking for it to be changed.

The default EMAIL passwords are a single letter followed by a series of numbers, eg r163453876. If the password you have is like this, it is not the one you need.

Macca371
12-08-2004, 21:41
No it isn't, I had the exact same problem. You need the password of your ntl account, which you use to authenticate over the phone, not your internet account.

iadom
12-08-2004, 21:48
Thanks for replies guys, will try again.:tu:

Marge
12-08-2004, 22:31
Jim

If you registering on the STB then you need to go to this webpage

different page for STB registration

scrotnig
12-08-2004, 22:43
Jim

If you registering on the STB then you need to go to this webpage

different page for STB registration
You CAN do it on the autoreg page though, as long as you have the correct serial number:

ntl-ct8-cb487 if my memory serves me right.

Marge
12-08-2004, 22:49
No, sorry Mark that just registers for email

The STB registration is linked in with Interactive Access Manager not SABS

iadom
12-08-2004, 23:43
Sorted, I managed to do it from the http:autoreg.autoregister... page

At least I did when I found out I needed to enter my account password in uppercase:dozey:

Thanks for all your replies.

scrotnig
13-08-2004, 00:05
No, sorry Mark that just registers for email

The STB registration is linked in with Interactive Access Manager not SABS
I've definitely talked customers through using this method, and Iadom's reply confirms my suspicions.....

I am not sure how it works though. From memory, all it does, when you enter that serial number it tells it you have a set top box not a cable modem, and simply goes to to the same pages as start.ntl would.

Haven't done it for a while though. Set Top Box registrations don't seem to be particularly problematic right now, it's always cable modems.

scrotnig
13-08-2004, 00:05
Sorted, I managed to do it from the http:autoreg.autoregister... page

At least I did when I found out I needed to enter my account password in uppercase:dozey:

Thanks for all your replies.
Glad you got it sorted Iadom.....

Kliro
13-08-2004, 00:16
Hey I have a similiar sort of problem, I forgot my details, like my password for the email, how can I get this sorted?

scrotnig
13-08-2004, 00:17
Hey I have a similiar sort of problem, I forgot my details, like my password for the email, how can I get this sorted?
This problem is slightly different, if you call customer services on 0800 052 2000, as long as it's your account and you can pass the security checks, they should be able to find the password for you.

Macca371
13-08-2004, 01:58

Hey, I don't think you will need your e-mail password to register, if that is what you're talking about... you will need the password of your normal ntl account. I did anyway, I'm not sure if everyone will need that.

BBKing
13-08-2004, 08:57
Two things here:

1) I don't think you should be able to reach autoreg.autoregister.net from a registering STB PC, there wouldn't be a route back and DNS lookup wouldn't work (well, it would give you 172.16.30.83/4). Will check this out though.

2) STB reg is definitely totally unconnected from SACM reg, and yes it does generally run better for various reasons.

iadom
13-08-2004, 10:50
Two things here:

1) I don't think you should be able to reach autoreg.autoregister.net from a registering STB PC, there wouldn't be a route back and DNS lookup wouldn't work (well, it would give you 172.16.30.83/4). Will check this out though.

2) STB reg is definitely totally unconnected from SACM reg, and yes it does generally run better for various reasons.
Well it definately worked for me last night. I knew my account password but found it would only accept it in uppercase. Perhaps its just a Manchester thing,;) It was my daughters brand new lappy, downloaded 25 MB of Windows updates for XP and masses of other stuff without any problems.