PDA

View Full Version : NTL Virus Warning page

gazzae
12-08-2004, 20:39
Hi All,

Was round at my grans last night, when she was trying to use the internet she was getting redirected to outbreak.ntli page or something. Went round last night cleaned the virus using the tool provided by NTL, then installed av software and a firewall, according to the webpage once you cleaned the viri off you would be reconnected. So I told her to wait till morning and try again then, but it was still the same.
Tried calling NTL tonight but after being on hold for ages said to my gran to try in the morning when it would be quiet.
Will it just be a simple matter for her to get reconnected? How come it didn't reconnect her automatically when the viri were cleaned off?

Thanks

br3ach
12-08-2004, 21:58
It will be simple to get her removed from the walled garden system...

Yes it should have removed her automatically, but there must have been a fault somewhere.

You will need to speak to Tech Support, and they will be able to fix it promptly...

jazzy
12-08-2004, 22:08
Yes it's a ntl fault!
And the only cure is to contact ntl technical support on their premium line telephone.

gazzae
12-08-2004, 22:26
It will be simple to get her removed from the walled garden system...

Yes it should have removed her automatically, but there must have been a fault somewhere.

You will need to speak to Tech Support, and they will be able to fix it promptly...

Thanks mate, I'll get her to call in the morning.

Yes it's a ntl fault!
And the only cure is to contact ntl technical support on their premium line telephone.

:confused: Tech support is an 0845 number

Feenix
12-08-2004, 22:50
Premium i.e. local rate

rockin_plumber
12-08-2004, 22:59
If you pick the right options on the free number you get to Tech Support anyway :devsmoke:

Graham M
13-08-2004, 01:55
If you pick the right options on the free number you get to Tech Support anyway :devsmoke:

Thats how I normally do it :D 0800 052 2000 :D