PDA

View Full Version : the path you choose may.............

kronas
03-08-2003, 00:11
lead to an early death ?

a study of a thousand former students in glasgow found arts and law students were most likely to die early

people who chose science engineering and medicine lived longer though medics were found to have an increased risk of death related to alcohol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3114493.stm

i think it all depends on how healthy you eat and how happy you are with your life doing what you enjoy the most and staying active and not get 'stressed' out

ill take this research with a pinch of salt :)

danielf
03-08-2003, 00:30
I don't think the research is necessarily flawed. The question is what conclusions you can draw from them.

Different courses attract different people. Arts students are a bit more lively than physics students. So, maybe they smoke and drink more and die younger on average.

That does not mean that you live longer if you pick physics rather than arts. It's more like those that lead a certain lifestyle are more likely to pick a certain course.

Though obviously, even when not so inclined, peer pressure may lead you to change your life style.

The study has shown a correlation. Correlation is not causality.

ronald146m
03-08-2003, 00:47
Originally posted by kronas

ill take this research with a pinch of salt :)

Not too much salt though, it's not good for you, could lead to an early death.

:spin: :spin:

Ron

kronas
03-08-2003, 00:48
Originally posted by ronald146m
Not too much salt though, it's not good for you, could lead to an early death.

:spin: :spin:

Ron

thats was an unintentional pun but i do believe some of the research........

albone
03-08-2003, 19:16
It's a case for everything in moderation! If you were to believe all the hype you'de go mad. So a little of what you fancy (so the saying goes) does you good!;)