PDA

View Full Version : browser hijack

peacedude2k4
09-08-2004, 21:07
Hiya well just browsing internet about sp2 and visited a new on bravenet or something with some useful information,

Anyway closed windows went to make a brew and come back to my homepage been changed crap loads of stuff installed a annoying toolbar.

I have adaware and spybot and i run nortons internet security 2004 and it didnt take long to sort this thing out, but how the heck did they get in?

my security is medium high my nortons is paranoid about everything and yet im still being hijacks and bombarded with ****e. :mad:

rick
09-08-2004, 21:39
www.ewido.net Download install update run.Let us know ;)

goblin
09-08-2004, 23:54
Hiya well just browsing internet about sp2 and visited a new on bravenet or something with some useful information,

Anyway closed windows went to make a brew and come back to my homepage been changed crap loads of stuff installed a annoying toolbar.

I have adaware and spybot and i run nortons internet security 2004 and it didnt take long to sort this thing out, but how the heck did they get in?

my security is medium high my nortons is paranoid about everything and yet im still being hijacks and bombarded with ****e. :mad:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/prevent.php

peacedude2k4
10-08-2004, 00:05
Its ok I have now moved over to Mozilla Firefox which according to reports is a much more secure browser

Chris W
10-08-2004, 00:08
spyware blaster (http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html) is a good way of stopping such things from getting on in the first place

peacedude2k4
10-08-2004, 00:17
Thanks looks good, will use it from now on :)

Ramrod
10-08-2004, 00:22

my security is medium high my nortons is paranoid about everything and yet im still being hijacks and bombarded with ****e. :mad:Could you give me the sites address please, so I can test my defenses :)

peacedude2k4
10-08-2004, 00:25
I was just browsing on some bravenet site about sp2 and when i come off it wham everything hit me :(

Soz matey no idea of the place

Ramrod
10-08-2004, 00:29
I was just browsing on some bravenet site about sp2 and when i come off it wham everything hit me :(

Soz matey no idea of the placeBugger! :shrug: :(