PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 Online

Mark15
02-08-2003, 13:27
Ok I know next to nothing about Ps2 online but I played it at a mates house and was so confused. I had no clue what do do to get into games and my mate said it was quite hard to set up and instal. What do the rest of you think about it is it hard to set-up or is it easy. Also do you have trouble getting online in it.

Steve H
02-08-2003, 13:46
Its very easy to setup. You plug the network adaptor into the back of the PS2 Expansion slot, and then trail a Ethernet cable from the network adaptor to your connection/or router. Before doing this, you make a note of the Seriel number and Model number on the back of the PS2.. as these get covered when the N/Adaptor is plugged in.

Then you stick the Network Access disk in, and goto Configure (If my memory serves me right :p It all sets up automatically, Just choose NTL as your ISP.. and Walah your PS2 is connection.

You then goto register... Follow on screen prompts.. and its simple. Registration takes about 10 mins or so, Because you dont have a K/board, and need to use the on screen one.

Ive only got Socom, But its easy as anything to get into a game. You load the game, goto Online.. Let it connect, It shows you a universe.. Theres only one, you select that, then log in with the same information as you registered with the network access disk. You goto "Briefing" room, and Choose a Room.. Obviousley choose UK Or UK1, as these are in the UK, believe it or not ;).. Then just choose a game, and click connect, and your on :)