PDA

View Full Version : Help

Mark15
01-08-2003, 18:30
hey goys lately i've been very impressed by the cube with the likes of Resident Evil Mario sunshine Zelda TWW. I was wanting to know wheres the best place to get them or are there any deals on the. I'm thinking about buying one. Thanks for the help. Bye.

Also Kornas grow up. The cube is good the Ps2 is crap. And if you don't like the Cube why are you here. So the Cube has kds games so what so did the N64. Mario games are good so are Zelda Mario golf. Banjo was too on the N64. Just becasue a game looks kiddy doesnt mean that they are crap so get a life.

kronas
01-08-2003, 18:47
Originally posted by Mark15

Also Kornas grow up. The cube is good the Ps2 is crap. And if you don't like the Cube why are you here. So the Cube has kds games so what so did the N64. Mario games are good so are Zelda Mario golf. Banjo was too on the N64. Just becasue a game looks kiddy doesnt mean that they are crap so get a life.

hey listen "holmes" its KRONAS OH WAIT I FORGOT YOUR JUST ANOTHER KID :rofl: :rofl: i have as much right to point out fatal flaws in a console as anyone else also im not a ninty fan because they constantly no wait blatantly make the same mistakes all the time

the cube is a faliure

it will disappear there is only room for 2 consoles the xbox and ps2

*waits for the phantom console to come and go

* is unsure though if it will

:D

ic14
01-08-2003, 18:54
Hello mark!! Glad your tempted to get a GC!

At the mo theres not that many deals going on but you can get a GC with zelda for 125, have a look at http://shop.game.netor www.gameplay.com for some ideas..

EDIT oh and kronas SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

Mark15
01-08-2003, 18:58
If you want to make fun of another console go somewhere else this is for people that like the gamecube. Go play your crap Ps2. So what the cube diddnt sell as well. It still has some great games Resident evil 0,1,2,3,4. Mario Sunshine. Zelda, Metroid. F-Zero. Eternal darkness. Sonic Dx , Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic collection. Theres alot more but I would take up to much Bandwith. And you have no right to point anything out besides how much of a dick you are. So beat it.

ic14
01-08-2003, 19:00
LOL at that!!

I forgot to say that in store GAME normally do buy a game with the console save money stlye deals.

kronas
01-08-2003, 19:01
Originally posted by ic14

EDIT oh and kronas SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

mark

also
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/660286/ref=br_bc_h_2_4/202-3229543-0475860

ic14 make BITCH ;) :p :D :D

If you want to make fun of another console go somewhere else this is for people that like the gamecube. Go play your crap Ps2. So what the cube diddnt sell as well. It still has some great games Resident evil 0,1,2,3,4. Mario Sunshine. Zelda, Metroid. F-Zero. Eternal darkness. Sonic Dx , Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic collection. Theres alot more but I would take up to much Bandwith. And you have no right to point anything out besides how much of a dick you are. So beat it.

resident evil erm not for long capcom are going to move it to another console if sales dont pick up

mario = kiddie

metroid good game i hear

sonic = kiddie

insulting me is the best you can do suppose thats what i would expect from an immature persons perspective yes i mean YOU!!

Mark15
01-08-2003, 19:07
:nono: Offensive text removed - do not make personal attacks on the forum

kronas
01-08-2003, 19:09
Offensive text removed - do not make personal attacks on the forum

i know no one likes me do i care nope not in the gamecube forum

i see people cant take the truth and have to take to personal insults :rolleyes:

Mark15
01-08-2003, 19:13
well how would u like it if people mad efun of Avril. SAid she was ugly and can't sign just because you like her. You wouldnt like that. Why do you come to the gamecube forum if you don't even like the machine. Theres no point it just shows you have no life.

grum1978
01-08-2003, 19:22
:notopic:

Can we please get this back on topic and no more personal attacks

dr wadd
01-08-2003, 19:22
Calm down guys, it's only a games console.

One thing I would say (and point me to the thread if I`m wrong) is that I never see Kronas actually explaining any of his opinions. Why is Mario a "kiddie" game? Just because it has bright cartoony graphics and isn`t full of blood and gore. I could apply that description to JSR Future. Do you consider that to be a "kiddy" game?

There is nothing intrinsic in the gameplay of games such as Mario or Sonic that make them kiddy games. It seems to be a judgement made entirely on graphical style. Gameplay should be the paramount concern.

dr wadd
01-08-2003, 19:23
well how would u like it if people mad efun of Avril. SAid she was ugly and can't sign just because you like her. You wouldnt like that. Why do you come to the gamecube forum if you don't even like the machine. Theres no point it just shows you have no life.

Avril can sign? I suppose you would have to be deaf to really appreciate her music? :D

Mark15
01-08-2003, 19:25
LOL good one Dr wadd.

kronas
01-08-2003, 19:35
Originally posted by dr wadd
Calm down guys, it's only a games console.

One thing I would say (and point me to the thread if I`m wrong) is that I never see Kronas actually explaining any of his opinions. Why is Mario a "kiddie" game? Just because it has bright cartoony graphics and isn`t full of blood and gore.

no if its reasonable looking and actually a good game for a more mature audience then a good example would be 'the mark of kri'

I could apply that description to JSR Future. Do you consider that to be a "kiddy" game?

no its cel shading a diffarent type of graphic shading

As this is an advanced topic, before going any further make sure you have adequate knowledge in the following areas:

1D texture mapping.
Texture co-ordinates.
Software lighting.
Vector math.

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/celshading/

There is nothing intrinsic in the gameplay of games such as Mario or Sonic that make them kiddy games. It seems to be a judgement made entirely on graphical style. Gameplay should be the paramount concern.

they are the gameplay is the main concern you call collecting coins and mushrooms adult :spin:

dr wadd
01-08-2003, 19:39
Getting back to your original question, if you want to get a Cube I would strongly recommend you getting an import model, with the USA/JPN switch fitted. Nintendo have always been very poor at supporting the European market. Plus, with Freeloader there are lots of PAL games that are compatible, so you won`t have to import all your titles.

I got mine from Lik-Sang. Some people don`t rate them, but I`ve never had any problems with them. If you want to order from the US then you could give therage.com a go, another dealer that I've found reliable. Even if you live near an import shop, you could well find this a cheaper route, even after factoring in the import tax and shipping.

kronas
01-08-2003, 19:44
Getting back to your original question, if you want to get a Cube I would strongly recommend you getting an import model, with the USA/JPN switch fitted. Nintendo have always been very poor at supporting the European market. Plus, with Freeloader there are lots of PAL games that are compatible, so you won`t have to import all your titles.

if your going to use freeloader which i also recommend then look at this site remember to change the currency to sterling first they are very cheap for imported stuff

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/

dr wadd
01-08-2003, 19:46
I am fully aware of what cel-shading is. It also happens to be brightly coloured and cartoony as I originally said. Your "argument" does nothing to invalidate my original point, just highlights the fact that you can`t engage in a serious discussion without throwing around petty insults.

Come on, justify your argument. All you have done is attempt to criticise my knowledge of computer graphics (and you can do that all you want as you have no clue as to the level of my knowledge) and answer my question with a question. I'll listen to your reasoning as long as you bother to explain it. I may not agree with you but I`ll listen, I'll engage you in debate. If you give a good enough argument I may even agree with parts of it. I`m not going to argue with you simply for the sake of arguing. But at least be constructive when you post.

ic14
01-08-2003, 19:51
Kronas, why cant you leave the gc forum alone, no one wants you in here....

kronas
01-08-2003, 19:54
I am fully aware of what cel-shading is. It also happens to be brightly coloured and cartoony as I originally said. Your "argument" does nothing to invalidate my original point, just highlights the fact that you can`t engage in a serious discussion without throwing around petty insults.

Come on, justify your argument. All you have done is attempt to criticise my knowledge of computer graphics (and you can do that all you want as you have no clue as to the level of my knowledge) and answer my question with a question. I'll listen to your reasoning as long as you bother to explain it. I may not agree with you but I`ll listen, I'll engage you in debate. If you give a good enough argument I may even agree with parts of it. I`m not going to argue with you simply for the sake of arguing. But at least be constructive when you post.

ok your very wrong i never criticised you or anyone on this forum i never asked about the level of your knowledge just pointed something out

link to explain

http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39127&highlight=kiddie

many others on the .com site i have done it enough times

ic14
01-08-2003, 19:57
Originally posted by kronas
ok your very wrong i never criticised you or anyone on this forum i never asked about the level of your knowledge just pointed something out

link to explain

http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39127&highlight=kiddie

many others on the .com site i have done it enough times

Not that old thread again...

God why cant you just grow up!

In there you could the zelda series, smash bros and monkey ball 'kiddie' this proves how unimformed you are,

I dont know many 3yr olds who could play Zelda or monkey ball!

kronas
01-08-2003, 20:01
Originally posted by ic14
Not that old thread again...

God why cant you just grow up!

well its just one of a few threads on there i found doing a search

i am grown up im not the one wound up about a console and hurling insults :confused:

ic14
01-08-2003, 20:05
What?? your the one who said that its stupid to get a GC, blah blah, that its kiddie, blah blah,

Just do us all a favour and shut up!

grum1978
01-08-2003, 20:06
Enough

Can we please get this thread back on topic or it will be closed

Thanks

ic14
01-08-2003, 20:07
Just close it please!!!!

At least it will stop the argueing

Jarandco
01-08-2003, 22:27
amrk go to ur locla game store i saw a second hand cube for £76 in mine today! also try gamestation stores near you or www.gamestation.co.uk they do second hand cubes for about £70 - or you could try www.cex.co.uk they also have second hand cubes for about £70!

Mark15
02-08-2003, 12:07
thanks Jar i'll have a look. And I think Kronas and DR wadd should take this argument about kiddie games and graphics into ts own thread. That would be something good to read actually.

Steve H
02-08-2003, 12:50
And I think Kronas and DR wadd should take this argument about kiddie games and graphics into ts own thread. That would be something good to read actually.

:notopic: Please drop the subject guys..

TigaSefi
02-08-2003, 14:12
Avril can sign? I suppose you would have to be deaf to really appreciate her music? :D

Let me tell you even this is not true.... lol the best thing to do is mute her bloody music :D :rofl:

kronas
02-08-2003, 14:19
Originally posted by TigaSefi
Let me tell you even this is not true.... lol the best thing to do is mute her bloody music :D :rofl:

well they certainly muted you in other ways...........

last post on this steve_ntl had to reply

And I think Kronas and DR wadd should take this argument about kiddie games and graphics into ts own thread. That would be something good to read actually.

nobody AND I MEAN NOBODY tells me what to do :cool:

disclamer me stays within t&C dont worry mods :D