PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth, PAN/VPN , Networking Arrghhhh Help !!!

TheTyke1967UK
01-08-2003, 18:01
Looking for any advice on networking with bluetooth???

I have a PC running Win ME ( tho soon to be XP ) , and a Compaq Evo running WIn XP Pro, I have been given 2 Bluetooth Class 2 USB Dongles & Software ( Bluetooth BTW Utility Version 1.3.2.7 ).

I use my pc mostly for net access I understand the file sharing capability of it but what else can I do?????

Can I configure the laptop to access the net via bluetooth via the PC.

Any help would be much appreciated?

Tyke
:(

Tristan
04-08-2003, 18:18
With the latest WIDCOMM drivers, using Bluetooth for Internet Connection Sharing isn't actually all that difficult, at least under Windows XP (I haven't tried it with ME).

The first thing to do is set up Windows Interet Connection Sharing. The help files will tell you how to do this, but it isn't that complex.

Then open up My Bluetooth Places, and select "View My Bluetooth Services" (or "My Device" from Windows explorer). This is a list of all the BT services your computer offers to other BT devices. Right-click on "My Network Access", and select "Allow remote devices to access the Internet/LAN via this computer".

Then you can switch on your other computer, and pair the two BT devices. To do this, make sure the first computer is set to discoverable ("Let other Bluetooth devices discover this computer" on the second page of the options screen), and then start the Bluetooth setup wizard on the second computer. Select the second option "I want to find a specific Bluetooth device...", and wait for it to find the first computer. Then it will present you with a list of services the first computer offers; amongst them will be "network access", or something similar. Make sure this is set to automatically connect, and it should all work.

Hope this is helpful, good luck!

TheTyke1967UK
04-08-2003, 21:28
Many Thanks Tristan, nice to find it in plain english , network up and running .

Again

Many Thanks

TheTyke:D :D :D :D :D

Psalm
13-11-2009, 12:05
I have 2 laptops (PC1 and PC2) running Vista.

My PC1 is connected to the Internet via VPN using LAN
My PC2 is connected to PC1 via Bluetooth PAN

Now I want PC2 have access to the Internet.

I allowed internet connection sharing on the VPN connection, but this is not enough.

Please tell me what else should I do.

Thanks!