PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Box?

Kliro
31-07-2004, 23:14
Hey, I've been having problems with my box recently, it seems to throw me off the net usually when the connection is inactive but sometimes when Im using it, but the middle light on the box stays solid nearly all of the time, but most times this happens the box doesnt respond to the remote or any of the buttons on the front, I called out the engineer to see if he could fix it but he said that there were no real errors with the box or anything,

Just in case it helps with people seeing what may be wrong:

Im in Manchester on an ex nynex/c&w area 150k bb connected to 1 pc, the pc is running symantec personal firewall pro the cables are fine, and the network card is A ok :confused:

paulyoung666
31-07-2004, 23:29
Hey, I've been having problems with my box recently, it seems to throw me off the net usually when the connection is inactive but sometimes when Im using it, but the middle light on the box stays solid nearly all of the time, but most times this happens the box doesnt respond to the remote or any of the buttons on the front, I called out the engineer to see if he could fix it but he said that there were no real errors with the box or anything,

Just in case it helps with people seeing what may be wrong:

Im in Manchester on an ex nynex/c&w area 150k bb connected to 1 pc, the pc is running symantec personal firewall pro the cables are fine, and the network card is A ok :confused:

is the beer flowing freely as well :D :D :D :D

if i was having the problems you are describing then i would be beating on ntl's door ;)

Kliro
31-07-2004, 23:49
Yeah I was really hoping the engineer would give me one of those shiny new samsung boxes everyones talkiing about, or at least anouther box, the software in my box is so weird the tv bar thingy is really boxy and like turquoise/white on the top and black on the bottom, or something like that I'll take a picture if needs be, I dont know I think my box is retarded..

peacedude2k4
01-08-2004, 00:41
Is it made by microsoft in some way

if so

nuff said

badnbusy
01-08-2004, 10:58
the software in my box is so weird the tv bar thingy is really boxy and like turquoise/white on the top and black on the bottom, or something like that I'll take a picture if needs be, I dont know I think my box is retarded..

To me, that sounds like the colour scheme designed for the hard to see.

Theres an option you can change in the settings to put it back to standard. Cant remember what the exact option is....can anyone provide it?

Kliro
01-08-2004, 17:15
Well heres a picture if it helps anyone...

Stuart
01-08-2004, 17:36

Despite what the Engineer said, it sounds like either the box or connection is knackered. Have a go at NTL until they sort it.

Is it made by microsoft in some way

if so

nuff said
No, AFAIK, the boxes have nothing to do with Microsoft.. They are manufactured by Pace or Samsung, and the software is written by NTL, but based on a specially designed operating system for cable Set Top Boxes called "Liberate", by Liberate Technologies (http://www.liberate.com/ )