PDA

View Full Version : Anyone expriencing slow connections in the London Area?

DbzDP
31-07-2004, 23:09
I am in london, and I am getting slow connections right now anyone else getting it?

carlingman
01-08-2004, 03:32
I am in london, and I am getting slow connections right now anyone else getting it?

Not getting slow connection myself then again im not in London.

Take a looksie here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=15305)

Post back and Im sure the offers of help will flood in.

:D

DbzDP
01-08-2004, 13:47
My problem is that for some reason, my speeds increases and decreases, I did 5 Speed Test on ZDNet and 1st was 30kb down max, 2nd was 80kb Max, 3rd was 20kb max, 4th was 30kb max and 5th was 50kb max, I did the tests one after another, I am on the 1Meg so my download speed should be a max of 120kb. I wasn't here for a few days, when I came back I tried Sharing my Internet Connection using a Hub, this was the settings, PC had 2 Network Cards, PC to Hub, PC to Cable Modem and then Laptop to Hub, I got to a point where I can share files, but the Internet Connection was not been shared so I got rid of it, I started to reliease that my Download speed was slow, I phoned up NTL Tech Support, they said nothing was wrong on their side, he tech guy said you should format, maybe its the settings for the Hub. I do not wanna format but then I released the speeds kept going up and down, then remembered that they were suppose to upgrade 1Meg to 1.5Meg this week, (got info from here about it) I have Windows XP SP1a with all updates, I do not have any trojans since I scanned my PC using Norton and I do not have any spyware etc, since I got Ad-Aware and SpySweeper. Can anyone help me?

Foo Fighter
01-08-2004, 14:04
Mines up and down and on and off today, might be releated to doom3 release and everyone trying to download it

msn keeps losing connection as well

DbzDP
01-08-2004, 16:03
Mines up and down and on and off today, might be releated to doom3 release and everyone trying to download it

msn keeps losing connection as well
It's not just me then. The Tech guy said I should format, because I might of f'ed up the TCP/IP Settings when installing the network stuff. Also I saw a petition online to ban Doom3. Right now I am going to Format the Laptop, (There is nothing on it) and see what happens, if the laptop still has problems downlaoding fast, then its not my PC its NTL.

DbzDP
01-08-2004, 20:20
I did it then phone up NTL Tehc Support, the guy said do this do that evantually found out that its not my PC, its something wrong with their HTTP Proxy, it might be overloaded or some bug etc, he asked me to use another proxy which i did and my downloads are going faster, 600k fast but guess I got to wait, if it doesn't speed up by firday I am going to phone back.