PDA

View Full Version : Checking availability in NW London

philquinney
31-07-2004, 21:17
Hey Guys,

A while back, on nthellworld.co.uk, I got some great help getting ntl installed at my flat in East London.

I'd like to ask for some help again - this time for my brother. He's moved into a flat in North-West London (Westminster Area) and wants to get digital TV which he can only realistically do through ntl as they're not allowed sky dishes without planning permission.

However, ntl have told him on the phone that he is analogue only whilst their postcode checker says it is a digital area (and offers the base and family packs for purchase)

I remember getting conflicting stories when trying to sign up - and was hoping someone would be able to double check exactly what we can get.

If someone would be able to help please let me know and I'll drop a private message containing the postcode.

Thanks so much to all,

Phil.

Mick
01-08-2004, 20:34
*Bump*

If noone is able to help you out here you could contact the MD for the relevant area. Follow the link for useful contacts below. Just explain that you have been given conflicting information and that you would like to know if Digital TV is available in your brothers area.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome

Chris W
02-08-2004, 07:44
PM it to me and i will have a look... it won't be until later in the week when i go back to work though

MB

Hell's Child
02-08-2004, 17:18
I work for sales in MCR. we have just taken over london sales so pm me and I will look for you.

lohwj
24-08-2004, 18:20
phil, what happened to your enquiry? I live in Westminster as well, and would like to know what you found out :)

philquinney
24-08-2004, 22:33
Hey lohwj,

Things are on hold at the moment; Hell's Child did do some research for me but we're still not entireley sure what the state of the broadband situation is in.

If I get any further I'll post back.

Phil.

lohwj
25-08-2004, 07:57
I'm sure that Westminster has broadband. I've had quite a few leaflets promoting BB in Westminster and seen quite a few adverts in tube stations. It's the digital TV that I think Westminster doesn't have.

Anyway, let me know if you come up with anything :) Thanks!!!!!

Gogogo
25-08-2004, 09:49
Hey Guys,

A while back, on nthellworld.co.uk, I got some great help getting ntl installed at my flat in East London.

I'd like to ask for some help again - this time for my brother. He's moved into a flat in North-West London (Westminster Area) and wants to get digital TV which he can only realistically do through ntl as they're not allowed sky dishes without planning permission.

However, ntl have told him on the phone that he is analogue only whilst their postcode checker says it is a digital area (and offers the base and family packs for purchase)

I remember getting conflicting stories when trying to sign up - and was hoping someone would be able to double check exactly what we can get.

If someone would be able to help please let me know and I'll drop a private message containing the postcode.

Thanks so much to all,

Phil.

Just so your brother dosent get lost, Westminster is south west London not north west. Most accomodation is composed of apartments/flats this could be a problem in relation to NTL services.

:)

lohwj
25-08-2004, 10:52
Gogogo : Westminster streches from south west to the north west of London, so it very likely that phil's correct. :)

Chris W
25-08-2004, 11:45
Gogogo : Westminster streches from south west to the north west of London, so it very likely that phil's correct. :)

:wavey: if you PM me your postcode i will check the availability at your address on thrursday. If you could also let me know whether you live on the ground floor/ first floor etc that will help :)

MB

philquinney
29-08-2004, 13:05
The problem is the distinction between the westminster area and the area operated by Westminster Council. My brother is on the border between Westminster and Camden council areas. Sorry - should have clarified that.

As I've said before - we know that the property *has* had ntl services in the past. I can't remember if there was an isolator box on the wall but there was definitely the traditional F-connector plugged cable.

Phil.

philquinney
29-08-2004, 13:09
I'm sure that Westminster has broadband. I've had quite a few leaflets promoting BB in Westminster and seen quite a few adverts in tube stations. It's the digital TV that I think Westminster doesn't have.

Anyway, let me know if you come up with anything :) Thanks!!!!!

Haha! This gets even more fun - when I was having my flat set up with ntl I was told by one Sales Rep that I was in an analogue area and that you couldn't get broadband in an analogue area! I found the best way to get ntl services installed was to go to the local shopping centre and find a comission based salesperson. They had me sorted within a week after me having spent 3 trying to do it myself!

Phil.