PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] Connection Problems in Cambridge

byron_hinson
29-07-2004, 20:39
I've lost my broadband connection in Cambridge - user account Admin Edit: Removed I phoned up the support line earlier in the day to cancel my dial up account as it wasn't needed, within 15 minutes my broadband connection died. No matter how often I try to reconnect it I get 0.0.0.0 when renewing, if no one else has a problem it looks like they've cancelled the wrong damn account and are now closed for the day.

Any help would be great as I have an Open University assignment to get done online.

psyoninja
29-07-2004, 20:52
lol thats exactly what happened to me hehe, just phone them up and they should reconnect ya.

byron_hinson
29-07-2004, 21:24
lol thats exactly what happened to me hehe, just phone them up and they should reconnect ya.
Unfortunatly I've been told that I have to create a new seperate Cable Modem account tomorrow as the dial up and cable modem were on the same account and they dumped both, I've got no idea what's gone on really but i can't do anything now.

byron_hinson
29-07-2004, 21:48
Not only that - i've now lost my e-mail account, thanks NTL for your usual cockups.

psyoninja
29-07-2004, 22:26
yeah they had to recreate my account as it was on the same one as dial up.
Luckily ive never cared much for ntl email since ive always used hotmail way before that.

homealone
29-07-2004, 22:43
This seems like a bad 'loophole' to me

if the dialup & broadband accounts have the same username & e-mail address, there should be another process to check that the right account is being altered :shrug:

byron_hinson
30-07-2004, 15:16
Never had so many mess ups as I've had with NTL today.

Firstly despite my Cable Modem account being cancelled when I actually specificied that my dial up needed cancelling, the one here in Cambridge still said I had a cable modem account...the cable modem side of NTL said it was cancelled last night. So my details had to be wiped as they said they were in a mess due to last nights **** up.

Next given pin numbers etc that didn't end up working and told my old mail address they cancelled and locked would be switched over when i reregister - so far still hasn't been unlocked.

Next my connection when I finally got reregistered was 150k when i was previously on 1mb connection - got that sorted now, but mail account is still down and they have had to forward on all the details to someone higher up to try and get them to push it through fast as they told me it was highly likely that I have lost mail due to the mess up.

Letter of complaint on the way there I think, even more so if my mail isn't back within an hour.

Neil
30-07-2004, 15:19
Never had so many mess ups as I've had even today. Firstly despite my Cable Modem account being cancelled, the one here in Cambridge still said I had an account...the cable modem side of NTL said it was cancelled last night. Next given pin numbers etc that didn't end up working and told my old mail address they cancelled and locked would be switched over when i reregister - so far still hasn't been unlocked.

Next my connection when I finally got reregistered was 150k when i was previously on 1mb connection - got that sorted now, but mail account is still down and they have had to forward on all the details to someone higher up to try and get them to push it through fast as they told me it was highly likely that I have lost mail due to the mess up.

Letter of complain on the way there I think, even more so if my mail isn't back within an hour.

That is poor-even by ntl's standards. :erm:

Byron-we have just updated our ntl contact info page....

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome

Good luck, & let us know how you get on. :tu:

byron_hinson
30-07-2004, 15:24
Good luck, & let us know how you get on.
All i want back right now is my e-mail, its the account I use for all important stuff because I got far less spam on it, auction details etc, if anyone from NTL can actually let me know why it is taking so long and when it might actually be back working for me on my old password I'll be very happy.

byron_hinson
30-07-2004, 16:55
5 now and mail still isn't back - I've been given various NTL extension numbers of support guys but never got told how to get to them - anyone got any idea of how I dial the 4 digit extension numbers and what number goes before it.

byron_hinson
01-08-2004, 06:50
Just got up and the connection here in Cambridge is dire, sites taking minutes to load (if at all), time outs on ftp, newsgroups slow...something has gone badly wrong here since around 1am this morning when it was working fine. Anyone else in the Cambridge area got problems?