PDA

View Full Version : Getting BB in 3 weeks can i get PIN early ??

neogeo
27-07-2004, 21:25
OK, i have ordered the 2month free trial of NTL BroadBand.(to my surprise it will be 1.5mbps for free, i thought for trial u would only get 150kbps,but there you go;) ) well, they wont install it for nearly 3 WEEKS !! well this is killing me, im currently using the PAYG dial-up and its costing me like £20 a day !! cause i am having bank issues right now i dont wanna add more Direct debits to get the unlimited monthly dial-up.

But i have a cable modem from NTL already, from when i had at other address recently(and i know i really shouldnt have, but NTL didnt ask for it back). so i KNOW i could temp get online with my PIN if i can get it EARLY.

i notice alot of very helpfull ntl staff here that have already sorted variouse PIN "issues" , do you think i will get my welcome pack early ?? or , at a PUSH , could one of you guys stretch to giving me it early ? i can give you my details and u can check.:erm:

i actually have been going down the relativly "malisciouse" route recently , trying too (and ALMOST complete) "hack" my modem using couple of little tftp appz and snmp appz, but i REALLY REALLY dont wanna do that , but this PAYG is REALLY killing my bill !!

can you POSSIBLY help ??

regards
NEOGEO

Bill C
27-07-2004, 22:41
i actually have been going down the relativly "malisciouse" route recently , trying too (and ALMOST complete) "hack" my modem using couple of little tftp appz and snmp appz, but i REALLY REALLY dont wanna do that , but this PAYG is REALLY killing my bill !!

can you POSSIBLY help ??

regards
NEOGEO
I might be wrong here but :LOL:

If not then Mark B might be able to help you.

Stuartbe
27-07-2004, 22:45
:welcome: to the site :)

We would strongly recomend that no user hacks there modem - you will get found out !!!!

One on the NTL guys/girls may be able to look into your account for you but please wait for this to happen !

seaneeboy
28-07-2004, 09:54
If PAYG internet access is using all your money, could you perhaps use the net less for a couple of weeks till it gets installed?

How on earth are you spending £20 a day? Cut it out for a while, get some fresh air, something like that - If you are that addicted to being on the net you might want to review your activity.

Sorry if i'm talking out of turn :)

neogeo
28-07-2004, 13:55
:welcome: to the site :)

We would strongly recomend that no user hacks there modem - you will get found out !!!!

One on the NTL guys/girls may be able to look into your account for you but please wait for this to happen !
yes , i DONT want to hack the modem , but if i do i know i cant get caught , but thats a different matter, i dont agree with the whole concept of stealing BW although i wouldnt be "uncapping" it, just re-flashing it with GOLD.cm .

but i am MORE than willing to wait for some NTL staff to respond with suggestion first , as im trying to be 100% honest here of my situation ,

and to how can i spend £20 a day ? well i added it up and its £15 a day at weekends if u use it 24/7 , wich i did for the FIRST few days, but now im down to 10-14 hours, not downloading anything , its to do with Moderation responsibilities at a big underground website and IRCop in our DED irc server .

seaneeboy
28-07-2004, 14:22
Err - reflashing it with gold.cm is a kind of uncapping - you'll still be caught mate :)

how about discussing with the rest of your moderation team reduction of responsibilities for a couple of weeks while you sort out your BB - i'm sure they'd be happy to knowing that you'd be able to do the same for them when your BB is up and running!

jtwn
28-07-2004, 14:33
Threatening to uncap if you have to wait, isnt the greatest way to get your pin earlier :D

neogeo
28-07-2004, 16:01
Threatening to uncap if you have to wait, isnt the greatest way to get your pin earlier :D
sorry if i sounded "threatening", ut it wasnt meant to be a threat , im just trying to be 100% honest ;) most tech minded ppl would give it a go if they were in my possition and knew how to not get caught, especially when you know you will pay for it anyway ,

hey , and whats this free xbox thing ? could i order BB for a year after my trial and order xbox live and get a free xbox ? :o so damn cool if the offer will still be active by then ...

seaneeboy
28-07-2004, 16:04
Nope - the xbox offer is only for new bb subscribers.

neogeo
28-07-2004, 16:06
Nope - the xbox offer is only for new bb subscribers.but i WILL be a new broadband subriber, thats why im also getting 2 months free cause im a new customer, i have the modem from a different address

PS , thanks for the PM Legend :) reply in your inbox ..

seaneeboy
28-07-2004, 16:14
it's worth giving it a go...

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14745&highlight=free+xbox

neogeo
28-07-2004, 16:25
it's worth giving it a go...

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14745&highlight=free+xbox
hmm, thanks for that, after reading it, it seems that i would be cheaper just buying an xbox, but i dont really wanna BUY one anyway so im not gonna do that, one guy says how they are promotional packs you can buy for £95 , probably cheaper on ebay, and you need to pay an extra £50 installation for it and also sighn up for the xbox live service for 12 months, so i will give it a miss. ..

scrotnig
28-07-2004, 17:11
Ok first of all, on no account make any changes to the modem yourself. This is illegal and if ntl find out they WILL take action!

If you are in an ex-Cable & Wireless area I can assist in two ways. I can see if I can sort out an earlier install, and I can definitely make sure you have a PIN by the date of that install.

Drop me a PM if you want me to help.