PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP2 discussion

Reddevil63
21-06-2003, 20:21
Thought good idea for now to have a thread for all you 2 wheeled freaks out there....so post your thoughts, help, tips etc here.

DannyA
22-06-2003, 11:10
I've not got it yet.

But i recently got Moto GP (1) full game back off a mate of mine.

Ive nearly cracked beefing up my own custom rider.
How cool is that game?

What are the 4 strokes like?

DannyA
22-06-2003, 11:11
Oh, and is midnight club 2 a pile of poo?

DrAwesome
22-06-2003, 11:45
Originally posted by DannyA
What are the 4 strokes like?

The four strokes are like this (http://www.keveney.com/otto.html)
The four strokes of the cycle are intake, compression, power, and exhaust. it is also known as the Otto cycle (four stroke cycle)

and the two strokes are like this (http://science.howstuffworks.com/two-stroke2.htm)
Two-stroke engines fire once every revolution, while four-stroke engines fire once every other revolution. This gives two-stroke engines a significant power boost.

Thats the difference between MGP bike engines.

Jarandco
22-06-2003, 11:53
I need to get this game sorta hoping ill gte it free from microsoft!

With the sign up a ffriend to live and get a free game offer!

manowar68
22-06-2003, 15:55
Reddevil my bro,i do not want to show you up again on this here game:p

DrAwesome
22-06-2003, 17:15
Originally posted by Jarandco
I need to get this game sorta hoping ill gte it free from microsoft!

With the sign up a ffriend to live and get a free game offer!

When you get on there watch out for the "Dirty Lapper" brigade

Exulus
22-06-2003, 17:19
dirty lapper? Whats that?

BTW is it just me being crap at this game or are most of the training challenges pretty hard?

DrAwesome
22-06-2003, 22:40
Originally posted by Reddevil63
Thought good idea for now to have a thread for all you 2 wheeled freaks out there....so post your thoughts, help, tips etc here.

I have pm'd one of the mods and asked if it is possible to make certain information setting up xbl, routers info/help/tips on any xbl game GR, MGP, MGP2 RTCW etc.. to be made permanent (save useful information being deleted because of the age/date) also saves re-typing information out again and again.

Originally posted by Exulus
dirty lapper? Whats that?

People or groups of people who spoil your game by deliberately crashing into you spoiling your lap time and effecting the result of the finished race.

Originally posted by Exulus
is it just me being crap at this game or are most of the training challenges pretty hard?

In the first MGP game the training challenges are easy.
In MGP2 the training levels and the course challenges are much harder to complete.

zoombini
23-06-2003, 13:58
Originally posted by Jarandco
I need to get this game sorta hoping ill get it free from microsoft!

With the sign up a "friend" to live and get a free game offer! [/B]

?? have you any left...he, he, he...:D :D

I thought that you had every game ever made for the xbox?
Surely you have that one too.

abzorba
23-06-2003, 17:01
Oh, and is midnight club 2 a pile of poo?

It's had good reviews everywhere I've read - Gamespot, NLGaming etc
Links here (http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?ID=2062)

DannyA
23-06-2003, 20:00
Hey Dr A. - cheers for the heads up about 4 strokes, but i did know what they were mechanincally... I wanted to know that the difference is playing wise, compared to the 2 strokes of previous games, i.e do they blow your socks off.

i know i should buy the game and find out, but im just whetting my appetite while my finances sort themeslves out.

B* things!

Abzorba : cheers again - but i think this is one of those titles that could be good or could be poo. I wanted to see what people who had played it thought.

I made the mistake of buying "State of Emergency" for PS2 when it came out for 2 reasons.

(1. It was by DMA / Rockstar - they'd just done GTA 3, how could i loose?

(2. A few sites i trusted gave it good reviews.

Lets just say that it came out for xbox for under £20 from some places. aha.

can you say reprocessed crap bits of GTA 3 thrown together with abysmal graphics engine and no plot.

It still irks me to this day :)

DrAwesome
23-06-2003, 20:57
Hey Dr A. - cheers for the heads up about 4 strokes, but i did know what they were mechanincally... I wanted to know that the difference is playing wise, compared to the 2 strokes of previous games, i.e do they blow your socks off.

i know i should buy the game and find out, but im just whetting my appetite while my finances sort themeslves out.

B* things!

4 Strokes and 2 Strokes act as they are ment to.. MGP2 simulation of the two bikes are as in real life (if you have riden a 4 stroke and 2 stroke motocycle you will know what im on about)

If you havent ridden a motocycle here is the easy differences between the two bikes.
4 Strokes have better engine braking so you dont need to apply the brakes as much (you let the engine do most of the braking when you shut off the throttle) as you have to if you were riding a 2 Stroke bike.

So when you choose a 4 stroke you need to use less credits on braking when your building your custom MGP bike :)

DannyA
24-06-2003, 21:23
perfect, cheers.

(My mates are all into Bikes big time, i like playing pretend with them because i like my face :)

DrAwesome
26-06-2003, 18:27
You can collect all the points and beef your up very own custom bike or you can ride one of the unlocked MotoGP bikes but having the fastest bike doesnt mean you will win races and be the quickest all of the time its a combination of how you setup your MotoGP bike and how you ride on the individual circuits.

For example tires
(faster times are obtained choosing/using the best set of tires on the right circuit)

Soft Tires (Slicks)
Better grip but you will get the slowest top speed (great for low speed corner circuits)

Medium Tires
Less grip under acceleration, slightly better top speed, but if you hit the brakes hard the MGP bike will skid.

Hard Tires
From a standing start (acceleration) and in slow corners the bike will behave as if your riding on lino covered with washing up liquid, This tyre is excellent for top speed but again if you hit the breaks/accelerate too hard in or out of a corner the bike will more than often skid throwing you off.

Laws
27-06-2003, 19:29
my god, got this game today, played for like 20mins before i had to head out but its bloody hard.

i took me 3 attempts to complete the first training test, and the second one seems impossible, theres no way i can go round the whole curcuit in less than 30 seconds!!!

i need tips on this bad!

Exulus
27-06-2003, 20:41
in general i find the training circuits hard as well!

Just go for career mode and ignore some of the training for now :)

DrAwesome
27-06-2003, 22:23
Originally posted by Laws
my god, got this game today, played for like 20mins before i had to head out but its bloody hard.

i took me 3 attempts to complete the first training test, and the second one seems impossible, theres no way i can go round the whole curcuit in less than 30 seconds!!!

i need tips on this bad!

Try and complete some of the circuit challenges
(each circuit has 2+ challenges to gain extra credits)
then go back to the training you will find some of them alot easyier to complete.