PDA

View Full Version : is the interactive feature supposed to work ?

homerjay
30-07-2003, 15:51
whenever i have accidentally pressed the red button i get the interactive menu system up but it then locks tighter that the proverbial gnats :o

i live in the cardiff area btw and was just wondering is it supposed to work :shrug:

bigboab5
30-07-2003, 15:53
Originally posted by homerjay
whenever i have accidentally pressed the red button i get the interactive menu system up but it then locks tighter that the proverbial gnats :o

i live in the cardiff area btw and was just wondering is it supposed to work :shrug:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA lolololol

Good question homer!!!!
:confused:

jemnery
30-07-2003, 16:10

Yes, it is supposed to work... pity it doesn't really. If you hang around here you'll see that there's a big platform upgrade due, oh, sometime.

homerjay
30-07-2003, 16:15
thanks
so long as its not just me ;)

bigitup_j
30-07-2003, 20:11
october-november is your software update time :)

Steve H
30-07-2003, 20:17
Originally posted by bigitup_j

This doesnt fix it btw ;).. Just makes the problem worse :D

Maggy
30-07-2003, 20:22
DO you have unlimited time?I could wax lyrical for days!

If it wasn't for the phone and BB I'd ditch NTL.The thought of going back to using BT's phone service puts me off.

Incog.

Mr_Burns
30-07-2003, 21:02

I use the *cough* interactive *cough* service quite a bit (well I use it to check the weather on the BBC a couple of times a week). It usually takes less than a minute to get into interactive and 'log' into the BBC site and find out that it is going to rain ;). I rarely have to reset the STB after using 'interactive' - probably only once or twice in the last 6 months. To be honest though, I don't think that the content is up to much anyway.

P.S. I'm in Cardiff too.

homerjay
30-07-2003, 22:23
hmmm very interesting boss & thanks for the info everyone :)

Shaun
30-07-2003, 22:46

And they said that last October!!:rolleyes:

Jarandco
30-07-2003, 23:13
Well mine works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt when it does work its good just maybe a bit slow - wimbledon was good this year that worked perfectly!

imback
30-07-2003, 23:25
Mine works 99% of the time, never use to but had a new box to solve some other problems and has been fine since, which is a waste because I can't be botherd to use it:D

bigitup_j
31-07-2003, 13:42
and i can tell you that ntl are developing new software for cr3 to greatly improve the EPG data and possibly increase to 5 days. And this is possible as the box doesn't have to hold all the data at the same time. :) Which is good news for everyone

Shaun
31-07-2003, 15:04
and i can tell you that ntl are developing new software for cr3 to greatly improve the EPG data and possibly increase to 5 days. And this is possible as the box doesn't have to hold all the data at the same time. :) Which is good news for everyone

And 2008 when that software comes out I'll have mooved out of this house to somewhere that can get Sky.

Cant wait:grind:

bigitup_j
31-07-2003, 16:26
ntl reckon the digital service will be greatly improved by this winter. and by the way new remote for original people arriving in a few weeks (thanks to Tristan_B).

Mr_Burns
31-07-2003, 19:51
Originally posted by Mr_Burns
I rarely have to reset the STB after using 'interactive' - probably only once or twice in the last 6 months.

D'Oh!, spoke too soon. Pressed the interactive button last night and the box froze:D

homerjay
02-08-2003, 11:24
lol @ mr_burns
and what is this about new remote could you clarify that
thanks