PDA

View Full Version : Napster with BroadbandPlus Plus problem

IanUK
21-07-2004, 23:13
Hi,

I've downloaded the Napster software from the Broadband Plus site and it quite clearly states that after registering it would be a 30 day trial and £5.96 a month thereafter.

However, after registering and choosing the 'Lite option' instead of giving my credit card details (I wanted to look around first as they suggest) I now find that I can only sign up for a 7 day trial to be rebilled at £9.99 a month !!

How do I get back the Broadband Plus prices and options - anyone know ?

Cheers

Ian

Florence
21-07-2004, 23:19
Try this link here (http://www.home.ntl.com/bin/venda?ex=co_disp-shopc&mode=add&buy=bbplusregister&page=bbplusregister&bsref=ntlhome&premode=del&pretype=irectype&preref=product&preref=service&log=2) and let me know if you can sign up again for the 30 days.

It could have left a cookie on your pc perhaps delete the cookie and retry.
You don't have to delete them all just check in the folder and delete the one for broadband plus.

IanUK
21-07-2004, 23:23
Hi,

That link seems to be for signing up for Broadband Plus, I'm already with it (although I only have 3 days left), I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling napster, and signing in and out and it still only gives me the option to sign up for 7 days and pay £9.99 a month, looks like a bug if you don't give your credit card details when you first register :(

Florence
21-07-2004, 23:37
I havent registered for teh napster one and it was supposed to be linked into the BBplus one.

IanUK
21-07-2004, 23:40
Well I have to say I'm not impressed with the 2 new additions to BBPlus - Napster doesn't seem to want me to have the special offer and I've just registered for Photobox from the BBPlus site and I'm supposed to get 15 free prints but my 'print credit' shows 0 and it wants money to buy more !

Does no-one test any of this stuff before it goes live ?

Cheers

Ian

Florence
21-07-2004, 23:47
I have trialed programs for NTL but not that one :D

IanUK
22-07-2004, 00:00
I've queried it with Napster, as it seems to be a pretty big bug.

Cheers

Ian

scrotnig
22-07-2004, 00:02
Yes this does seem to be a problem. I've uninstalled it now. I'm not giving anyone card details for a free trial, I'll do that if I decide to take it up later.

IanUK
22-07-2004, 18:52
If this has happened to anyone else re: Napster and not getting a 30 day trial after becoming a 'lite' user first - then I found a way to get the original sign up to work again - but it involves going into the registry and deleting all keys relating to 'Napster' - not for the faint hearted !!

After uninstalling this then gets you back to the original 30 day offer when you reinstall, but of course you cannot use the same email address or name as they are already taken :(

Still no sign of my 15 free print credits showing in Photobox either, my broadband plus runs out in 2 days, so I guess I'm going to miss out (unless some kind soul at NTL can extend it until their 'new' content works as advertised).

I'm certainly not signing up for broadband plus while we are not getting what we pay for,shame as the Napster and Photobox would probably have made me take the leap.

Needless to say no-one from Napster has got back to me yet..and it'll be too late when they do..

What a shambles..

IanUK
23-07-2004, 11:19
Photobox got back to me this morning re the 15 free prints 'supposed' to be provided with the broadband plus offer, apparently I have to contact NTL to get the code to enter in a box - its a pay number of course - I don't think so - my trial ends today - good riddance to useless rubbish !

NTL have a funny idea of 'free' in this instance...

Cheers

Ian

Stephen
23-07-2004, 11:36
I signed up last night to photobox. and got my free prints straight away. It does also state that you get 15 free prints every month as well if you stay with bb+

IanUK
23-07-2004, 12:30
I thought thats how it was supposed to work, maybe I didn't because I am near the end of my free trial ?

Anyhow with that and Napster both failing to work as advertised for me, I won't bother.

Cheers

Ian

IanUK
23-07-2004, 18:14
Napster just answered my query saying:

'We have never had an offer for 5.96 a month. We only offer premium membership for 9.95 a month.'

This is despite me saying it was through NTL broadband Plus which *does* quite clearly advertise that exact offer.

Sooooo..NTL says to contact the vendor in its help section, the vendor says the offer doesn't exist.

The user is screwed........

I advise anyone paying for broadband plus to hope that nothing goes wrong when they sign up for these 'offers' (or in the case of Napster - if you 'try before you buy' - Napster Lite) then you *will not* be able to get the advertised offer.

I'm glad I never paid for any of this !

Cheers

Ian

ukfreakster
16-08-2006, 12:04
i (will get grilled for this), am an ntl customer care agent, and to be honest none of us have heard of this offer till a customer cant seem to get it(which is even better if you work here and are an ntl customer at the same time), i have took up the issue with my manager and will post a comment on this later on how to get this 40% off with napster.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

oh my god! i just listened into a call from our disconnections department (trying to sort out something simple remove a broadband account from 1 account and keep it on the other as there was 2 charges on 2 accounts) and jeesus we dont have a clue! i think im the only sane one in the building, he kept going on about if he disconnects the modem on the correct account the broadband would disconnect (simple) all he then needed to say was so what we will do is disconnect the double charge and keep the correct one for you.
but all he kept repeatin was about the correct charge and how if he disconnected it the sub would lose the modem, i pity anyone who speaks to him.:Yikes: