PDA

View Full Version : Losing BB connection via STB

Damon
19-07-2004, 20:35
Been having trouble for the last few days with 600k service via our STB. It randomly loses modem connectivity, with the middle light on the STB flashing or going off completely. Rebooting via the plug socket has helped a couple of times, but I had this problem when I was living with my mum and it never really got put right, I could lose BB for days at a time.

Checked the Event Log and I keep getting the following messages:

Post RS Error 7 538750
CM Periodic Ranging Fail (and the other ranging fails)

Each time I reboot I also see:

Tuning parameters corrupt

Incase it might have caused problems, I have had to reboot approximately weekly to refresh IP addresses etc on our linksys router (I'll sort that eventually, but I'd rather be sure to stay online first ;) )

Has anyone got any ideas what the problem could be, or could any NTL peeps take a look? I have had no joy getting through to Tech Services. Based in the Manchester area (BL9).

BBKing
19-07-2004, 21:08
Lots of Post-RS errors indicates that the automatic packet error correction mechanism isn't strong enough to overcome problems on the cable. Sounds like an engineer job to me, but if you want me to check out your problem (STBs are my speciality) I will. Drop me the STB's mac address or the number on the smart card (starting 06xxx).

Tezcatlipoca
19-07-2004, 21:43
Hi, Damon, & :welcome: to CableForum

It's safe to give the MAC and/or the card no. to BBKing - he does work for NTL, & is trustworthy & v helpful :tu: :)

Damon
19-07-2004, 22:36
:nworthy: PM sent