PDA

View Full Version : WS15 Rugeley and surrounding Connection

AdeRickus
18-07-2004, 20:41
I am currently a 1meg customer, and I am having to use a 56k modem, because yet again for the 3rd time this week, my broadband is down !!

Wednesday, 12.30pm until 4.30pm Broadband down, ready light on modem flashes

Friday NTL engineer comes out as NTL say there is no local problems and that my local connection is to blame, engineer swaps home 100 modem for home 200 modem

Saturday, 4.35pm Broadband goes down, same occurance

Sunday, 6.30am Broadband comes up 5 MINUTES AFTER I leave a snotty message on the NTL answering machine, broadband restored

Sunday, 3pm Broadband Again goes down !!

Sunday, 8.40, Broadband still not up and I am writing this,

Why does NTL not seem to think there is a problem when BizBo another member of this forum has being experiencing problems and I have had a phone call from someone in the WS7 area who is also having problems this evening,

Why can no one at NTL give me a straight answer, if there is maintanace, then fine, why does no one know and why does no one care,

Im phoning BT, see what speed I can get on ADSL,

Im yet again disgusted !

AdeRickus
18-07-2004, 23:42
Sunday 9.15pm, Broadband Up and Down, but uptime enough to get another message on this forum,

AdeRickus
18-07-2004, 23:45
Sunday 9.17pm Off again, back up 11.25pm, still VERY unstable,

AdeRickus
19-07-2004, 07:34
Sunday 11.50pm, off again

Monday 2.00am First usable connection all weekend,

I wonder, however I somehow doubt whether NTL will offer any sort of refund for the partially lost service,

If anyone has an option of NTL and another service, take the other one !!!

steve_smith
19-07-2004, 08:33
What I find almost more irritating that the loss of service itself, is that when you phone up tech. support, you get that nagging woman telling you over and over again about their enhanced service status page.

We had problems all weekend in the Poole area (BH12 postcode). In fact, it's not working properly now. NTL were aware of the problem, and knew it was an area fault. So why was it not mentioned on the service status page?

It's also irritating that you have to phone up and hang on the phone for 40 minutes at a time at your own cost to tell them about a fault with their network.

AdeRickus
19-07-2004, 08:52
You mean the

'would you like to fix your own issues' one

I know, this is the type of thing that assumes that everyone that phones is stupid, yes I know irritating.

toytown
19-07-2004, 09:45
Ade

Just to let you know that im also from the rugeley area and my friends and my brothers have had no problems recently with there broadband connections and there services range from the 150k -1meg.

There was a single issue about 3 weeks ago where we lost service for about 4 hours but that was it.

AdeRickus
19-07-2004, 11:35
Many thanks toytown, thats interresting to know,

I have actually called the customer help line this morning and they have been unable to even log the fault as there seems to have been a car accident on sunday morning which caused a complete outage in our area which is ongoing, annoying as my problems started to occur long before this and doesnt seem to tally with what they are saying.

Yours is up, mine is up (now), :p:

seems a little odd :confused:
Its also nice of them to update that wonderful status page of theirs,

AdeRickus
19-07-2004, 23:14
Oooh, down again,now how can I call tech support if they aren't open !?!?!?!

CRAP !