PDA

View Full Version : New XBox & PS2 Packages

MovedGoalPosts
16-07-2004, 10:46
Telewest today announced the launch of a broadband add on gaming package for XBox and PS2 users:

http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/internet/gaming.htm

£30 install and a fiver a month gets you an extra IP address, and includes a game and the gaming pack subscriptions.

Telewest claim you can save up to £115.00 compared to the retail version pricing of these subscriptions, games and all.

Sounds one up on the ntl equivalent where all you get is the extra IP address (means without a home network you can use your console and PC at the same time). But what I don't get is why home gamers don't just buy themselves a decent router plug t in and then they don't need a second IP address :confused:

Tezcatlipoca
16-07-2004, 19:34
Telewest today announced the launch of a broadband add on gaming package for XBox and PS2 users:

http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/internet/gaming.htm

£30 install and a fiver a month gets you an extra IP address, and includes a game and the gaming pack subscriptions.

Telewest claim you can save up to £115.00 compared to the retail version pricing of these subscriptions, games and all.

Very good deal, for anyone on either the 1.5 or 3 meg service (& so doesn't have to pay the £5/month TW gaming sub).

Although for anyone with the 750k service (who have to pay the £5/month as well as the £30...s o another £60 per year) then I think it's better & cheaper in the long run to just buy a router (~£30) & either the XBL Starter Kit (£30) or XBL Kit plus PGR2 (£50)

Sounds one up on the ntl equivalent where all you get is the extra IP address (means without a home network you can use your console and PC at the same time). But what I don't get is why home gamers don't just buy themselves a decent router plug t in and then they don't need a second IP address :confused:

Unfortunately, I guess there are plenty of people who don't realise that all they need to do is simply spend 30 quid or so on a cheap & v easy to use router.