PDA

View Full Version : NetSky

maglinders
16-07-2004, 08:24
My connection is always on. I have a firewall and don't download mail from people I don't know.

Most days, VirusScan (I scan at least twice a day) finds the NetSky zipfile on my system. Usually, it 'can't be cleaned' but can be quarantined.

Sometimes VirusScan lists the file as 'found', but then on trying to clean/delete/quarantine, it 'cannot be found' although when I then try to exit VirusScan, it alerts me that the file is still there. Eh?

Is it really there? How does it get through? Does it *have* to be in a mail? Does my connection 'leak' in some way?

gary_580
16-07-2004, 08:57
what are you using to receive email? Im getting one of these every day at the moment sent to my NTL email account. As i use Outlook express to receive my email these files get quarantined by Norton.

maglinders
16-07-2004, 09:17
McAfee Spamkiller. Safe (?) on-screen view panel without downloading. I delete all the junk and only download from 'friends'.

Stuartbe
16-07-2004, 10:31
If you are using windows xp it could be that the infected file is in your windows restore file. Try turning system restore off by right clicking my computer and selecting the system restore tab, restart the machine and scan again, then re enable system restore and reboot.

Where is the file located that your AV software is reporting ?

maglinders
16-07-2004, 19:40
Thanks folks. Have stopped sys restore and scanned in safe mode. Fingers crossed! :-)