PDA

View Full Version : Most Haunted live

marcsparks2002
21-06-2003, 17:07
Does anyone else here watch most haunted /most haunted live on uk living? my wife is an avid follower but i cant help but think its so rehearsed/researched any thoughts other than to block uk living lol.
If anyone does follow it dont forget its live at 9pm tonite ooooo so spooookie :D NOT

Jon T
21-06-2003, 17:48
Most Haunted Live does sound scripted in places, however the normal Most Haunted episodes are very good, if you pay attention to the shows you will find that the team attemt to expain things with science and reasoning before jumping to conclusions.

Derek Acorah, the spiritulist medium is, in my opinion, excellent, assuming that he really does not have any prior knowledge of the places the crew visit, what he says and reveals about the location is astounding.

Anyway, that's my opinion, and i don't mind anyone else having other ideas, I enjoy the program and that's what counts.

Jon

dilli-theclaw
21-06-2003, 17:52
Well - I've just removed my sky card so the wife can't watch it.

And she's going to have to do a lot of begging for me to tell her where it is too.

Dilligaf

marcsparks2002
21-06-2003, 18:06
diligaf dont let her near the pc then either coz theyve got live webcams on there site too lol i can find the link if you like :D

dilli-theclaw
21-06-2003, 18:08
Originally posted by marcsparks2002
diligaf dont let her near the pc then either coz theyve got live webcams on there site too lol i can find the link if you like :D

Luckily her pc is in bits on the living room floor at the moment :)

But I'll keep her away from this one - cheers :)

Dilligaf

testcard
21-06-2003, 18:59
Originally posted by dilligaf1701
Well - I've just removed my sky card so the wife can't watch it.

And she's going to have to do a lot of begging for me to tell her where it is too.

Dilligaf

No man is as brave as this.

marcsparks2002
21-06-2003, 19:00
must admit if i done that i would find myself kipping in the car :eek: so ile leave her be and sit at my pc as normal.....:)

homealone
21-06-2003, 19:57
It's bumped Charmed off the schedule - I'm not happy:mad:

Gaz :D

kronas
21-06-2003, 19:58
Originally posted by homealone
It's bumped Charmed off the schedule - I'm not happy:mad:

Gaz :D

id be livid if i watched it on living ;) :p :D

dilli-theclaw
21-06-2003, 21:03
Originally posted by marcsparks2002
must admit if i done that i would find myself kipping in the car :eek: so ile leave her be and sit at my pc as normal.....:)

Well the mother in law has just turned up to watch it too....

So the card turned up straight away.

I don't ming hiding it from the wife - but there is no way in HELL I'm annoying the mother in law :)

Dilligaf

Martin
22-06-2003, 02:18
Well i watched it and as with the previous Most Haunted it wasn't good.:( Nothing really happened of interest at all. Seems there is going to be another on Halloweeen. Evette always seems to jump out of her skin at the slightest knock. I don't think the sceptics will be convinced of ghosts.

accessjunky
22-06-2003, 02:44
I've watched all of the series and live broadcasts and there has never been anything that could be considered as evidence of the existence of supernatural phenomena.

If anything was discovered/seen the pictures would be sold around the world in a flash. As no evidence of this sort has been found anywhere in the past, then none is likely to be found during the making of a TV programme so expecting anything to happen is a bit naive.

But this is not the point - at its simplest level this is entertainment and I would guess that it entertains a lot of people. The original concept is a good one - the live events need a bit of a refresh and the series may start to become past its sell by date in a year or two. If nothing else, you get a bit more of an insight into different locations around the country.

I'll keep watching for now - you never know, maybe there is something in it...

...but I doubt it! :D

accessjunky

punky
22-06-2003, 17:09
Does anyone reckon that that Psychic bloke reminds you of that bloke with the leather jacket and Jag from Bread? Separated at birth or what? Or swindle? ;)

Martin
22-06-2003, 20:37
Originally posted by punky
Does anyone reckon that that Psychic bloke reminds you of that bloke with the leather jacket and Jag from Bread? Separated at birth or what? Or swindle? ;)

Hee Hee now you mention it he does have the look of him!:D

poolking
22-06-2003, 20:48
Originally posted by punky
Does anyone reckon that that Psychic bloke reminds you of that bloke with the leather jacket and Jag from Bread? Separated at birth or what? Or swindle? ;) #

Joey Boswell played by Peter Howitt.

punky
23-06-2003, 00:30
Originally posted by poolking
#

Joey Boswell played by Peter Howitt.

Yup, thats the bloke. I hear Peter has a new job actually. He plays a TV psychic on a women's tv network. Dont know what show.... ;)

timewarrior2001
25-06-2003, 16:35
Personally I dont like Most Haunted live, especially when they repeat it on the following tuesday. Most haunted almost live indeed. very original.

The series is a lot better, although the current series isnt as good as the last one. I dont find it so unconvincing as having experienced things that I can only describe as supernatural myself, I understand the feelings, the emotion and the tension that can be around when strange things go bump.

Derek can be uncanny in his information, but theres nothing that can make me beleive that he doesnt previously know something, lets face it, he has an interest in the area and I guess he would know of famous hauntings.

Chad
22-10-2013, 19:19
Good news for Most Haunted fans.

It looks like Ciaran O'Keffee and David Wells have teamed up for a new show called Ghostlands.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q84/s720x720/536823_10151658669306849_525938039_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q77/1234846_10151696450916849_32626331_n.jpg

Here is a link to the website which is counting down to Halloween:

http://ghostlands.co.uk/

Ciaran is keeping tight lipped at the moment as to whether it's going to be an internet based series or will be shown on TV.

Just thought I'd share as I know Most Haunted has a massive loyal fan base.

Chad
30-10-2013, 23:46
The show will broadcast tomorrow night on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GhostlandsOnline

I think you need to subscribe to be able to watch it.

Should make interesting Halloween viewing.

adzii_nufc
30-10-2013, 23:58
It's all scripted though I don't see the point. They lost all credibility years ago after the Derek incident and after being caught staging things.

The general direction of this show is a spec of dust floating past the camera followed by OMG Orb!!

Chad
31-10-2013, 12:49
It's all scripted though I don't see the point. They lost all credibility years ago after the Derek incident and after being caught staging things.

The general direction of this show is a spec of dust floating past the camera followed by OMG Orb!!

That's not what this show is about. It's Dr. Cieran O'Keffee, lecturer in parapsychology, showing how one of these "investigations" look like if you strip away all the hysteria. Essentially he's putting in all the controls he wasn't allowed to, when associated with Most Haunted, to give a true reflection of what goes on.

If anything this show looks like it's been produced to debunk the paranormal investigation shows.

Maggy
31-10-2013, 13:00
It's still akin to watching paint dry.