PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problem in Farnborough

Bazooka_Boy
09-07-2004, 12:59
Sorry for the moaning post but again I feel anoyed at a poor level of service.

At the start of the week I started having problems with my CM. I'm getting diconnected and the modem then sits with the power, and receive lights on and the send light flashing. My modem is a Motorola SB 3100.

On Monday I rebooted the CM and it then worked for about 30-60mins before disconnecting again. I called the server staus line and as there was a warning for GU14 8 & GU14 9 (although I'm GU14 6) I thought I'd wait 24 hrs to see if the problem resolved itself.

Tuesday night it it was intermittent again and when on Wednesday the situation was no better I called the CM helpline. I must say the chap I spoke to was polite and helpfull and after some troubleshooting which didn't resolve the problem he informed me that he would send a message to the local faults team who would call me to arrange an appointment. That evening passed with no call. Thursday evening passed, again with no call (but I did get almost an hour of my modem working). I called CM support this morning and after 10 minutes of being told what should have happened I was transfered to the local faults team who denied all knowledge of being contacted by CM support!!!! So if I hadn't of chased I could have waitied for days if not weeks.

So two wasted days and I now have to wait a week to get an engineer visit because of NTLs 6 hour time slot policy. I'm sorry but most working people I know cannot take leave at the drop of a hat so 8-12 or 12-6pm is not practicle and the net result will be two weeks without service whilst I wait until I can get some leave.

I know I should expect this and there is nothing I can do but I wanted a rant at to let NTL know there is still much more for them to improve. Why oh why can't they get their act together and work as 1 company.