PDA

View Full Version : Spy Sweeper

TheBlueRaja
08-07-2004, 21:28
Hey all,
Just to let you know - i have been using the registered version of SpySweeper (v3.0) for a few weeks now and have found it to be an excellent little app that has kept me clear of spyware.

It automatically blocks cookies, locks your Homepage, blocks common ad sites, prevents new programs from loading at startup that are not wanted and permanently monitors your system like an Anti-Virus does.

If your interested, you can get it here, http://www.wugnet.com/shareware/spow.asp?ID=514, with a 33% discount if you buy from this site. Thats where i got my copy from and it worked no problem. (I got the two year subscription.)

NinjaBikeRider
09-07-2004, 08:58
I'll second that!! Absolutely great app :)

Gareth
10-07-2004, 01:13
me three - have been using it in conjunction with AdAware & SpyBot and have been very impressed so far.

TheBlueRaja
10-07-2004, 11:33
Have you guys been using the registered version?

Matth
10-07-2004, 16:45
From what I read, it's one of very few that are actually trustworthy ... many try/buy ones will exaggerate a relatively minor issue (eg. cookies) and then extort payment to clean it - some are even spyware themselves!

Many also leech off the same work that goes into the free ones.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm
Check here before you buy, as it's better to donate for Spybot S&D or buy Adaware pro, than to support the leechers.

PS. Not sure I agree with their positive rating of "Pest Patrol", since it has severe tendencies to paranoia, tagging many things that WOULD be inappropriate in a corporate environment, as although their effects and actions are only as chosen by the user, they would be against the wishes of a system administrator.

Ramrod
10-07-2004, 16:57
Whats the difference between the pay and free versions?

TheBlueRaja
10-07-2004, 17:14
You can update the program and definitions of the registered version, which you cant do with the freeware version.

Ramrod
10-07-2004, 18:13
You can update the program and definitions of the registered version, which you cant do with the freeware version.Ah,I can see how that would be of use :D
Downloaded and tried it free, it found stuff that adaware and spybot didn't find and hadn't been blocked by spywareblaster.....so it seems quite good :tu: