PDA

View Full Version : BA strike problem

TigaSefi
28-07-2003, 11:33
Ain't it funny that the ppl strikin' or not working for BA at Heathrow will actually be out of a job anyways since BA lost so much money, further Cost cutting will be introduced.

Basically two things to learn. BA should have explained more clearly how the system would work. Two is the workers should have realised skiving will be less possible anyways since companies do look to minimize skiving in any capacity.

SMHarman
28-07-2003, 11:48
Originally posted by TigaSefi
<snip>

Basically two things to learn. BA should have explained more clearly how the system would work. Two is the workers should have realised skiving will be less possible anyways since companies do look to minimize skiving in any capacity.

I think BAY have explained quite clearly.

The problem is that the unions / workers have put 2+2 together and made 5.

They feel the swipe system will mean BA will get people to work 7-11 and 3-7 instead of an 8 hour shift. As people can swipe in and out more easily. BA could move down this route anyway with a paper based system.

The strike is about the possible future changing of rostering which BA have said will not happen.

If BA then change there minds the staff should strike. Not now over a hypothetical future situation.

Dave Stones
28-07-2003, 12:26
all other staff except the check in people use this system anyway... i fail to see the problems... and i also dont understand why BA are sitting at the negotiating table. whats to negotiate?

timewarrior2001
28-07-2003, 14:03
BA should sack the damned lot of them.
Bunch of whinging gits of you ask me......lewt em go sign on and see how they like that clocking on system.

punky
31-07-2003, 12:42
Im really not a big fan striking. Its legitmised blackmail. The poor little things at BA get to throw a tantrum, and if the bosses dont give them what they want, the poor tourists, that have saved and waiting for years (in some instances) to go on holiday, get waste 3 days at home instead.

Oh yeah, and the BA staff have finally agreed to accept the swipecard system. What the hell was the strike about then? It was a complete waste of time. Still, I doubt anyone would use it much.... Because of the strike the company will probably be bankupt before long.

Tons of people use it, I still cant see why, unless your a skiver, how an electronic system affects you anymore than a paper based one. And there is the safety aspect...

What's England coming to.... With the firefighters, now BA, its begining to seem that period in the 70's when everyone striked, because there was an R in the month, or the wind was in the east, or it was a full moon the night before, etc.

TigaSefi
31-07-2003, 12:51
Two Words : Labour Party - Vote them out asap.

timewarrior2001
31-07-2003, 17:05
Originally posted by TigaSefi
Two Words : Labour Party - Vote them out asap.

Good idea........but replace with which party?
hmmmmm not such a good Idea.
Better get Uncle Tony out of power before he gets any more blood on his hands, the guy is corrupt and just wont admit it.
His wife isnt much better either, she, the labour prime ministers wife, went to court representing ICI and Kavaerner and bloody won. Cost 400 men nearly 3 million in compensation.
I despise her more than him for that though.

dingosar
31-07-2003, 19:40
we must remember that BA was always a grubby little Airline run by grubby little people who have never given a F**k about the passengers that pay thier wages, a bit like NTL in some ways :erm: :erm: :erm:

Jerrek
01-08-2003, 04:34
Vote for Ian Duncan Smith. :D

Lord Nikon
01-08-2003, 04:35
I'd rather vote for Ian Hislop, Paul Merton and Angus Deayton.... at least then you know you would have a laugh