PDA

View Full Version : An excuse for real caps?

BIGZIPZ
06-07-2004, 20:09
Was thinking to myself today, about the BT price cuts, and how they came with a price (the caps) and I thought, is this Speed increase the excuse NTL needs to officially put enforced bw caps in place? Then I read that cableforum.co.uk has heard that NTL were possibly reviewing their 1Mb prices, and I thought, are they going to do a reduced price version of the 1Mb package with 30GB monthly limit and retain the current price as a seperate package with no limit on ?

Are either of these ideas likely? or am I way of the mark here?

Chrysalis
07-07-2004, 12:07
well as it stands ntl cable is now more expensive then adsl and telewest cable, I would expect ntl to probably drop the price of the 1mbit package and now other isp's have started some form of capping I would expect ntl to within 12 months start enforcing the cap. The complaints I have are :-
Caps and price - other isp's who offer capped and uncapped services usually price their uncapped services within ntl's capped price meaning the excuse caps mean lower prices isnt really holding much weight with ntl at the moment.
Proxies - same argument as above, these are supposedbly meaning reduced prices for all at the cost of conveniance of a direct connection to webpages, but other isp's who dont enforce proxies are currently outpricing ntl putting this argument to shame as well.