PDA

View Full Version : How long for username change to take effect?

wunderlust
27-07-2003, 23:59
Tired of spam and email forwarding seems to be dodgy as hell so seeing as I'm running my own mail server anyway, changed my username and forgetting about ntl email - it would have niggled me to just abandon the account and leave it collecting spam.

How long will it take for the changes to be reflected in my webspace and for the new username email address to kick in?

Anyone know or is this like a how long is a piece of string type of question :)

Stuart W
28-07-2003, 00:01
If it's your own mailserver, it should be immediate.

I'm not sure what you mean by change tho, I didn't think you could change an account name, just create a new one and delete the old.

I have a couple of mailservers and add / remove mail accounts regularly. It's allways been immediate in my experience.

wunderlust
28-07-2003, 00:10
Everythings cool on my own server.

I changed my actual NTL user-name from the spam catching smith and one initial
name that it's been for a few years now.

I logged into the ntl manage email site and the other couple of ones I've got were migrated into the new username space along with the automatically created email address for my new name. My ntlworld webspace is the same though and I can still log into it.

Just wondering if there's some sort of delayed effect as the newusername email address exists in the manage your email site but I can't log into it, not that I'll be using it but I like to keep things nice and tidy :)

wunderlust
01-08-2003, 20:43
Well they've sorted out the webspace aspect although they still haven't sorted out the email address. It's not as if it's even bloody rocket science :mad:

wunderlust
13-08-2003, 07:38
More than two weeks and four emails later I still cannot login my email account. What a bunch of useless incompetent ****s the people that man their technical support are. How hard is it to set up an email account ? duh!!

Mark W
13-08-2003, 11:07
check yer PM's wunderlust ;)