PDA

View Full Version : Which is better...

grum1978
21-06-2003, 15:39
I am thinking of buying eithier a PS2 or an XBOX when i get paid but i don't know which to get so ...

Which is better PS2 or XBOX

also whcih games are good!!

:)

Ramrod
21-06-2003, 15:54
xboxxboxxboxxboxxboxxboxxbox...etc.....:D

Ramrod
21-06-2003, 15:55
Originally posted by grum1978

also whcih games are good!!

halo

matty4donna
21-06-2003, 15:57
it begins with an X and ends with an X. Of course me personally prefers the PC for gaming anyday :)

imback
21-06-2003, 16:00
Just to even things up I'm going to say PS2, it has loads of good 2nd hand games, far more titles available and should be easier to use on line inthe long run. But it is a personal choice thing.

matty4donna
21-06-2003, 16:04
Originally posted by imback
Just to even things up I'm going to say PS2, it has loads of good 2nd hand games, far more titles available and should be easier to use on line inthe long run. But it is a personal choice thing. Actually you will find that the Xbox is really close to the PS2 with regards to the amount of titles.

ntlrebel
21-06-2003, 16:07
Does xbox play dvd's as well. Sorry for being a bit thick about this.:rolleyes: :p

Paul K
21-06-2003, 16:11
Yep, have to purchase a remote control for it though if you dont get it in the pack

imback
21-06-2003, 16:25
Originally posted by matty4donna
Actually you will find that the Xbox is really close to the PS2 with regards to the amount of titles.

Surely not ? The PS2 has been out so much longer than the Xbox, I'm not saying you are wrong, but I really do find that hard to believe.

matty4donna
21-06-2003, 16:33
I know it sounds unbelieveable, but i was reading something the other day (might have been the register) that stated the Xbox is catching up fast with the number of titles. Maybe its because Microsoft are desperate for the Xbox to be successful???

imback
21-06-2003, 16:46
I'd say Xbox is probably on a par with new game releases but I really can't see a way they couldmake up for the 18months or longer that the Xbox didn't exist.

Liquid Len
21-06-2003, 16:46
The PS2 is like the PS1 regarding games 10% fantastic games 90% crap

paulyoung666
21-06-2003, 17:07
ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2 ps2

the only way to go i reckon , sod bill gates and his empire :eek:

ic14
21-06-2003, 19:52
Originally posted by Liquid Len
The PS2 is like the PS1 regarding games 10% fantastic games 90% crap
Its like searching for a neadle in a haystack when looking for ps2 games!!
Unlike xbox or GameCube, where i can go up to the shelve and point out a load of good games!

paulyoung666
21-06-2003, 19:55
Originally posted by ic14
Its like searching for a neadle in a haystack when looking for ps2 games!!
Unlike xbox or GameCube, where i can go up to the shelve and point out a load of good games!

no way sorry , you must be joking , you only have to look at the gran turismo series to prove you very wrong ;)

ic14
21-06-2003, 19:59
Originally posted by paulyoung666
no way sorry , you must be joking , you only have to look at the gran turismo series to prove you very wrong ;)
I didnt say there arnet any good ps2 games! I do own one!
Its just that there is a load of c**p on the system just like psone

Lord Nikon
21-06-2003, 23:33
it begins with an X and ends with an X. Of course me personally prefers the PC for gaming anyday :)

Isn't XboX essentially a PC though? Intel chip, 64Mb Ram, Hard drive, DVD drive, NVidia graphics, cut down version of Windows 2000 on it...

only difference is that it is locked to only run MS Digitally signed software... however, would that not be questionable as regards anti trust? where MS stated they would not build computers?

grum1978
22-06-2003, 00:08
thanks for all the replies so far, i have now decieded to get an XBOX, but i still need to know what games are good and of any good deals on buying the console with 3 games or something like that!

Stuart W
22-06-2003, 00:41
PS/2

I'm guessing you used a PC to post here, so you already have the makings of an X-Box.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but isn't an X-Box just a Microsoft PC in a fancy box?

I love my PS/2 to bits, I also play loads of games on my PC, which is the equivilant of an X-Box, only it comes with a keyboard, mouse and is a lot more upgradable ;)

grum1978
22-06-2003, 01:06
Originally posted by Stuart W
PS/2

I'm guessing you used a PC to post here, so you already have the makings of an X-Box.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but isn't an X-Box just a Microsoft PC in a fancy box?

I love my PS/2 to bits, I also play loads of games on my PC, which is the equivilant of an X-Box, only it comes with a keyboard, mouse and is a lot more upgradable ;)

don't talk technical to me plzz!!! cos it just :confused: me!!

kronas
22-06-2003, 01:11
ok grum ps2 has the most titles which some consider a bad thing maybe but it does have quailty titles and has the 'proven' franchises

with xbox your getting something new something fresh with ideas not seen before or games which havent made it to the ps2 but the xbox is starting to build up a collection of games now its about what types of games you like

grum1978
22-06-2003, 01:14
Originally posted by kronas
ok grum ps2 has the most titles which some consider a bad thing maybe but it does have quailty titles and has the 'proven' franchises

with xbox your getting something new something fresh with ideas not seen before or games which havent made it to the ps2 but the xbox is starting to build up a collection of games now its about what types of games you like

I like good games does that help?

kronas
22-06-2003, 01:16
I like good games does that help?

no numpty i mean what categories :D ;)

fps
fighting
sports

etc

grum1978
22-06-2003, 01:17
no numpty i mean what categories :D ;)

fps
fighting
sports

etc

fps:confused:

like games that are fun to play not too easy and that have lots of different dimensions

does this help?

kronas
22-06-2003, 01:18
fps:confused:

like games that are fun to play not too easy and that have lots of different dimensions

does this help?

OMG hes a noob

fps = first person shooter

are you sure you dont want a gamecube :p :D

grum1978
22-06-2003, 01:20
OMG hes a noob

fps = first person shooter

are you sure you dont want a gamecube :p :D

OI U!!

just don't play games much not for years actually!!

ain't you got a 'gaycube' ? :D :p

kronas
22-06-2003, 01:25
OI U!!

just don't play games much not for years actually!!

ain't you got a 'gaycube' ? :D :p

oh ok noob :p ;) :D

no i dont have a gaycube the games are not for my age lets just say i prefer the wider appeal of the ps2 and xbox but you seriously need to know what types of games you like

football
shooting
strategy

you no understanday yet :p ;) :dozey:

grum1978
22-06-2003, 01:27
oh ok noob :p ;) :D

no i dont have a gaycube the games are not for my age lets just say i prefer the wider appeal of the ps2 and xbox but you seriously need to know what types of games you like

football
shooting
strategy

you no understanday yet :p ;) :dozey:

seriously i ain't fussed what type of game it is as long as is good will play any kinda game, i just want to know which has the better choice of quality games.

kronas
22-06-2003, 01:28
seriously i ain't fussed what type of game it is as long as is good will play any kinda game, i just want to know which has the better choice of quality games.

ok xbox it is then its much more fresher for selection of games rather then some repackaged ideas the ps2 has :)

grum1978
22-06-2003, 01:29
ok xbox it is then its much more fresher for selection rather then some repackaged ideas the ps2 has :)

why thank you see it wasn't that hard was it ;)

kronas
22-06-2003, 01:30
why thank you see it wasn't that hard was it ;)

well no but whatever floats your boat for hardness :eek: :eek: ;) :p

*rememebers not to get too close to grum :eek: :p ;)

grum1978
22-06-2003, 01:32
well no but whatever floats your boat for hardness :eek: :eek: ;) :p

*rememebers not to get too close to grum :eek: :p ;)

as you WELL know i have a girlfriend thank you:mad: :p ;)

which games are good, cos i want to get abt 3 games when i buy it!!

kronas
22-06-2003, 01:36
as you WELL know i have a girlfriend thank you:mad: :p ;)

yes you do how is she havent heard from her in a while

* is having withdrawal symptoms :p ;) :D

which games are good, cos i want to get abt 3 games when i buy it!!

halo
return to castle wolfenstien
dead to rights

grum1978
22-06-2003, 01:38
yes you do how is she havent heard from her in a while

* is having withdraw withdrawal symptoms :p ;) :D

halo
dead to rights

yes she is missing me thanks for asking:D :p ;)

what the above 3 games abt?

kronas
22-06-2003, 01:42
yes she is missing me thanks for asking:D :p ;)

what the above 3 games abt?

OI!!! i was on about me im helping you here :( :mad: :p ;) ;)

halo

Halo is a sci-fi shooter that takes place on a mysterious alien ring-world. Packed with combat, Halo will have you battling on foot, and in vehicles, inside and outdoors with Alien and Human weaponry. Your objective: to uncover Halo's horrible secrets and destroy mankind's sworn enemy, the Covenant

Fusing epic World War II battles with heart-stopping covert operations and tactical combat, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of WarTM uncovers Hitler's horrific obsession with the occult, living dead, and genetic mutations. As B.J. Blazkowicz, an Army Ranger recruited into the Office of Secret Actions (OSA), players infiltrate deep into the twisted bowels of the Third Reich to battle the unearthly super-soldiers, zombies and mutants forged in the experiments of Heinrich Himmler

dead to rights

Inspired by Hong Kong action movies, classic film noir style and hardboiled detective novels, Dead To Rights stars action noir hero, Jack Slate, a good cop in a bad city, forced to be a fugitive as he fights for his life and searches for his father's killers.

poolking
22-06-2003, 12:08
I know it sounds unbelieveable, but i was reading something the other day (might have been the register) that stated the Xbox is catching up fast with the number of titles. Maybe its because Microsoft are desperate for the Xbox to be successful???

Im sure Microsoft said they will pump as much money as it takes to make the XBOX succesfull.