PDA

View Full Version : chipped gamecubes

gavnad
02-07-2004, 19:04
aplogies if this is not allowed but it is a mission of mercy for my son...he is looking to get his g/c chipped so he can get cheaper games for it etc...does anyone know how to or point us in the right direction?

any help appreciated

gooner4life
02-07-2004, 19:14
I didnt think you could for the Gamecube? the gamecube reads GDRom discs and these cannot be copied, best bet would be to get an Xbox or PS2 and get them chipped then you can d'led the games and burn them to dvd.

TigaSefi
02-07-2004, 19:17
Or invest in a freeloader disc and import all US gamecubes over at www.dvdboxoffice.com

gavnad
02-07-2004, 19:24
thanks guys...yeh he already has a XBOX dunnno why he wants to chip his GC bu thats kids for you...whats the benefits of a freeloader disc tiga?

what does it cost and how much will he save per game do you know?

TigaSefi
02-07-2004, 19:40
Costs about £13 and what happens is when u get a us game, u put the freeloader in first then when it says insert the game disc, put in the us game disc in and then off u go. Games in the US are bout up to £15 cheaper and free delivery, about a week it takes to arrive.

gavnad
02-07-2004, 19:46
cool nice one tiga...boy will be chuffed with that one!

TigaSefi
02-07-2004, 20:13
aye esp he can get Resident Evil 4 up to 3 months earlier than the UK :D and practically most games up to 6 months earlier.

dr wadd
02-07-2004, 20:16
It is worth noting that there are quite a few games that don`t actually work with Freeloader.

This site

http://www.chrismarshall.net/freeloader/

has a compatibility list, but it hasn`t been updated for several months.

I had been using Freeloader on an NTSC cube modified to play both Japanese and US games. I found that Freeloader was getting to be such a pain that I ended up getting a second PAL cube as well.